Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or Is The Color Packs Becoming Really Really Overpriced For What You Get.

ChaotikDreamz

It's $2.50 for each color pack right now.

That's a steal.

Yeah... it takes 50% off for it to become reasonable. At least for the general packs with choices, not the 30 shades of 3 colors, 5 of which in each actually offer enough of a discrepancy to notice.

Pretty sure their mindset was 1 color, 1 plat. a big block of 90 for 75 plat is a super deal right? Well not when we only want 3 colors.

They should offer single colors for one plat. You are paying more per individual color than whole sets. For some of us, that lets us save 70 plat.

Then you can offer actual changes like the metal or pearl sets for more than 75 plat, and sell individual colors for 2 or 3 plat.

Nickle and dime is the frog in the pot.

They should drop down starting bonus plat at launch to help influence sales. Specially if they add weapon and frame slot mastery rewards per level.

Edited by Firetempest

Yeah... it takes 50% off for it to become reasonable. At least for the general packs with choices, not the 30 shades of 3 colors, 5 of which in each actually offer enough of a discrepancy to notice.

Pretty sure their mindset was 1 color, 1 plat. a big block of 90 for 75 plat is a super deal right? Well not when we only want 3 colors.

They should offer single colors for one plat. You are paying more per individual color than whole sets. For some of us, that lets us save 70 plat.

Then you can offer actual changes like the metal or pearl sets for more than 75 plat, and sell individual colors for 2 or 3 plat.

Nickle and dime is the frog in the pot.

They should drop down starting bonus plat at launch to help influence sales. Specially if they add weapon and frame slot mastery rewards per level.

i feel they should just remove starter plat when the game launches its cool but it will affect the trading system and lead to exploits

i feel they should just remove starter plat when the game launches its cool but it will affect the trading system and lead to exploits

Umm you do realize trading will have nothing to do with plat at all. trading is going to be amongest friends and at most help your friends with the 500 extra ferrite or some mat he dont feel like farming and you got tons of.

Anyway back on topic please

Welcome to F2P, and in a way, economics in general. Color packs and cosmetics in general tend to be in relatively high demand, so prices are higher to capitalize on that. This is also somewhat accentuated by the fact that DE is an independent company with few other sources of revenue. They need to make money. Simple as that.

On an unrelated note, 'dem blues in the infested pack.

'DEM.

BLUEES.

This is also somewhat accentuated by the fact that DE is an independent company with few other sources of revenue.

^^^^^ LOL ok

I could only imagine how much they have made off the unreal series and bioshock series alone ( <<, both probably still netting a nice income) let alone the star trek they are building now.

Edited by ChaotikDreamz

Welcome to F2P, and in a way, economics in general. Color packs and cosmetics in general tend to be in relatively high demand, so prices are higher to capitalize on that. This is also somewhat accentuated by the fact that DE is an independent company with few other sources of revenue. They need to make money. Simple as that.

On an unrelated note, 'dem blues in the infested pack.

'DEM.

BLUEES.

And yet they haven't bothered capitalizing on most of their possible venues. Cosmetic plat only weapon skins (there are cosmetic only yet its on a alert as well), head skins (ones that don't adjust stats), cosmetic mod foils chances from booster packs (same as dropped mods but adds a cosmetic flair like melee armor pierce actually giving aura effect. Or other damage types showing on guns.

They bank too much on just large plain color blocks.

Edited by Firetempest

Infested also have the bright red ... Red that actually looks red ... Where is that color?

I think the color slider would be a great idea though.

I think those colors are on Fire or Smoke, there are many kinds of red.

And yeah, some color repeat themselfs in some other packs, but still they should add more really awesome ones and more helmets and maybe, to modify or make more skins of other weapons ~

It's $2.50 for each color pack right now.

That's a steal.

I call that a rip-off. They could utilize cosmetics for income and (color packs would be $0.50-$1.00 a piece and you'd have different skills for warframes, weapons, sentinels (already present) and have the non-stat adjusting ones be plat only.

Seriously, $5.00 for what is basically a bunch of shades of a few colors is a rip-off no matter how you look at it. Yes it's better at $2.50, but that doesn't make it a good deal either.

I call that a rip-off. They could utilize cosmetics for income and (color packs would be $0.50-$1.00 a piece and you'd have different skills for warframes, weapons, sentinels (already present) and have the non-stat adjusting ones be plat only.

Seriously, $5.00 for what is basically a bunch of shades of a few colors is a rip-off no matter how you look at it. Yes it's better at $2.50, but that doesn't make it a good deal either.

......colors ARE cosmetics....................

The real problem is there isn't actually that much to color.

Even on the Sential with its cosmetic parts you only have 4 color areas and "enegry". That is hardly enough options to justify both the cost and range of shades. Plus color correction and other effects throw the colors off all the time.

Until we see at least different color zones for Torso, Head/Helemt, Left-Arm/Right-Arm/Left-Leg/Right-Leg color pallets beyond Saturated and maybe Classic are considerable overkill.

How about some of that production time that's going into pumping out weekly or bi-weekly weapons go into Warframe cosmetics and a wider range of zones we can apply color to.

......colors ARE cosmetics....................

No S#&amp;&#036;, but I meant stuff like warframe skins, some alternate weapon skins as well. You can call some of the color schemes to be cosmetic, but you get very little for what you pay. Personally, I prefer holiday-themed color sets going for 1 credit on the market, like the Easter color schemes.

No S#&$, but I meant stuff like warframe skins, some alternate weapon skins as well. You can call some of the color schemes to be cosmetic, but you get very little for what you pay. Personally, I prefer holiday-themed color sets going for 1 credit on the market, like the Easter color schemes.

They are going as fast as they can with that and in the mean time.... colors!

They have absolutely no effect on ANYTHING at all so if you dont think they are worth buying then dont buy them. 

It's a simple as that.

Complaining that they cost too much just throws away any argument you are trying to put forth and just brings it down to "i want more free stuff."

Edited by Mak_Gohae

For the frugal player i couldnt reccomend STORM highly enough

You get 2 really nice DEEP reds, a really deep dark blue, a unique DARK dark purple that not even the infested pack can match, some nice bright yellows, etc

if i could only have ONE pack it would def be Storm

Oh good grief. Colors are cosmetic and do NOT affect the game play whatsoever and yet some of you STILL complain about them being a cash shop item in a F2P game. Do you people not understand the business model here? I think it's totally fair that we can get almost everything in the game through in game means but leave some cosmetics as a cash only feature.

How else do you expect DE to continue working on the game? Geezus Christ.

Oh good grief. Colors are cosmetic and do NOT affect the game play whatsoever and yet some of you STILL complain about them being a cash shop item in a F2P game. Do you people not understand the business model here? I think it's totally fair that we can get almost everything in the game through in game means but leave some cosmetics as a cash only feature.

How else do you expect DE to continue working on the game? Geezus Christ.

You seem to be missing the point. The are ineffective cosmetics. Their price, combine with their lack of applicable use, to make them very poor value items compared to say even the Sential cosmetics. In the two non-classic palettes your really only buying access to at most maybe 5 different colors. The new infested is a great exmaple. You have about 3 colors and more shades then you can really pick out well in game. If we could use them to do shading patterns then it would be fine, but we can't.

If DE really expects to make money off them, then we need to actually be able to use them.

I mean i am sorry but these color packs are becoming really really pathetic.  Let's start off with

Smoke - $5 for well we know 88 shades of grey 2 black

....But at least it is better than 50 Shades of Grey.

On the upside, I really don't mind it, although the starting color pallet should be ENTIRELY open for use..

5 dollars for the color pallete is just fine.  Try playing Mechwarrior Online where it's 5 bucks for each individual color.

Really though, the colors are entirely cosmetic in nature, there are no stats or effects from them, they just make you look different.  Everyone wants to be able to look what they think is the coolest, and honestly, 5 bucks for a pallete isn't a lot.  You people have to be some greedy children if you're going to complain about this.