Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or Is The Color Packs Becoming Really Really Overpriced For What You Get.

ChaotikDreamz

Greed works both ways. If players would buy more colour packs if only they were a reasonable price, and DE sets them to a reasonable price and generates more sales as a result, everyone wins. As it stands, though, the cash shop has inordinately high barriers against purchases people would otherwise make on

tldr: 5 bucks for a palette is a lot if people say it's a lot, and it's worth DE's time to pay attention.

Platinum is to support the development of the game. DE is just DE. It's not DE owned by big company, it's just DE.

Think of the cash shop as a reward for being charitable.

DE's not a charity though, is it? It's a business, and they're in the business of selling products to players. If they set prices for things far above players' perceived value of those things, their sales suffer as a result. Of course, where they think the balance lies between pricepoint and profitability is up to them, but a few of us here think they have it wrong. And that's what this thread is about.

Think the problem with the color pack pricing is that it costs all 75 platinum you get for the lowest purchase. If it was 50 then more impulsive buyers would be inclined to buy it because they could get something else as well and not just a color pack.

Personally, I'd split the colors into smaller packs and value them at around 25 platinum which I'd assume would increase sales simply because the casual low spender could decide to grab a color pack on top of a few slots simply because it's affordable.

You seem to be missing the point. The are ineffective cosmetics. Their price, combine with their lack of applicable use, to make them very poor value items compared to say even the Sential cosmetics. In the two non-classic palettes your really only buying access to at most maybe 5 different colors. The new infested is a great exmaple. You have about 3 colors and more shades then you can really pick out well in game. If we could use them to do shading patterns then it would be fine, but we can't.

If DE really expects to make money off them, then we need to actually be able to use them.

Ineffective cosmetics? Oh really? Then why make such a big fuss about them then? It's obvious that you want them but for some reason won't get them. 5 Bucks isn't much. And you're not really paying 5 bucks for just the colours, you're also supporting the game. This IS a F2P game afterall. If this was a game we purchased and then had to pay 5 bucks extra for colours then I'd be right there with you with the pitchforks (see Fable 3). But the pricing and business model is totally fair for a F2P game.

And to say that the color palettes are really only 5 different colours is totally dishonest. You might as well say that all the shades of colour that exist boil down to only the three primary colours. As an artist in real life, I feel that the colours you get from one palette is a fair amount, especially with the Storm set.