Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perfect World is Selling the Lato Prime

jxtichi012

http://wf.mytvgame.com/wf/general/newsact/20161028/55443.html

n15S0Pm.png

m2zCtTO.png

After they sold the Primed Streamline, They are now selling the Lato Prime during the Halloween. 

Translation here

Activity time Oct.28-Oct.31

During this period buy any pack that include the platinum , the total number of platinum you bought will also get gifts.

During Halloween Sale, the total number of platinum you bought will get the DULLAHAN MASK  and 

Reach 370 - 739 platinum to get LACERA

Reach 740 - 1699 platinum to get LACERA , Constitution, Platinum Endo pack

Reach 1700 - 4249 platinum to get LACERA , Lato Prime , Constitution, Gold Endo pack

Reach over 4250 platinum to get LACERA , Primed Target Cracker, Lato Prime, Constitution, Gold Endo pack x2

Update news

Perfect World change the Lato Prime to Reaper Prime. 

uldtU6R.png

Edited by jxtichi012
Update news

Wasn't preventing this virtually the entire reason the Umbra gear was created though? So much for 'respect'.

What are we looking at in these threads?

The recent images showcase Excalibur Umbra, Primed Nikana, and Prime Kunai. ChangYou respected that we have forever exclusive content in the global build, but needed something new to ensure Warframe's Beta Launch in China is a success. Excalibur Umbra is the first of a very limited series of 'Umbra' gear that will be coming to the Global Build. The Primed Nikana and Prime Kunai are also timed exclusives that will be coming to the Global Build.

4 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

The assets in the Chinese version of the game are theirs to do with as they please. If they want to sell items which are founders exclusive on the global build to players of the Chinese version of the game, they can.

At the end of the day, the Chinese and Global builds of the game are two radically different animals, that use different servers, have different content, and have no mixing of players.

Long story short: it doesn't concern us, because we play the global build of the game. You're not going to see players running around with Lato Primes that they bought from the Chinese version of the game.

Even tough I understand your reasoning, wasn't the exclusivity of founder items the reason why their originators got Nikana Prime, Spira Prime and Excalibur "Umbra Prime" instead?

Darn! tenno'd

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Bunny'd >:o

4 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Wasn't preventing this virtually the entire reason the Umbra gear was created though? So much for 'respect'.

According to some China Warframe players Changyou just pretty much copy/pasted the most recent update handed to them and messed things up on their end.  Mainly the Nikana Prime and Spira Prime is farmable in their build currently.
They are, again according to China Warframe players, blaming DE as if its DE's whole fault and this could be (purely my conjecture here) a way for them to get back at DE...or something.

Hard to say with just third person accounts and such.

Some of the info is from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/59sv6w/why_china_frame_is_so_bad/
I've had enough interaction with chinese developers to sadly think that is what is happening...

Edited by Tsukinoki

3 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

1 minute ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Even tough I understand your reasoning, wasn't the exclusivity of founder items the reason why their originators got Nikana Prime and Excalibur Umbra instead?

Free to Play MMORPG publishers almost never hold their promises, especially when it comes to the cash shop because their goal is to milk as much money from their games before they decide to stop updating it and eventually shutting those games down.

2 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Even tough I understand your reasoning, wasn't the exclusivity of founder items the reason why their originators got Nikana Prime and Excalibur Umbra instead?

From what I can tell, they wanted something exclusive to their version of the game, that they could call their own (that would not be in the global build) and DE basically said 'no' to that by planning for the release of Excalibur Umbra and the associated primes.

At that point, not letting China-frame have their own exclusives that the Global build would never get could be considered unfair if global version got/had items that could never be in the Chinese version of the game.

At the end of the day, it's literally a different game that has 0 interaction with ours. We really shouldn't be caring at all what the Chinese publishers decide to do with the Chinese version of the game. "It was an exclusive time limited item for us in our version of the game, so they shouldn't be able to get it at all in their version of the game" is an extremely (and wrongfully) entitled mindset. 

Does it somehow affect us on the global build?

If the answer to this question is "No" (spoilers, the answer is in fact "No"), then we really shouldn't be paying it any mind.

Edited by Letter13
Please disregard in light of official comment regarding the matter.

7 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

From what I can tell, they wanted something exclusive to their version of the game, that they could call their own (that would not be in the global build) and DE basically said 'no' to that by planning for the release of Excalibur Umbra and the associated primes.

At that point, not letting China-frame have their own exclusives that the Global build would never get could be considered unfair if global version got/had items that could never be in the Chinese version of the game.

What are you talking about?

Changyou is getting an exclusive, it's been said before that their Excalibur Umbra Prime will be different than the Excalibur Umbra coming to global. The one they have will remain exclusive to them.

Also, any argument about China never having the chance to obtain Excalibur Prime could be made by console players too, so that's basically saying that they should have a chance to obtain him.

See the line that I quoted in my post where Rebecca specifically mentions that the Umbra gear was created to please Changyou into respecting Founder exclusivity.

Lastly, please don't tell me what I should care about.

Edited by AM-Bunny

4 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Also, any argument about China never having the chance to obtain Excalibur Prime could be made by console players too, so that's basically saying that they should have a chance to obtain him.

I'll play the devil's advocate here, so don't hold anything against me for saying this, but you can't directly compare the Chinese Warframe with the console version. 

The console version and the mainstream PC version essentially share the same player base; at one point some PC players switched to consoles, and there have been console players that started all over on PC. But China is isolated from this player base. If you knew what was going on in China, you'd know they have a national firewall set up, restricting internet usage and denying access to sites from outside countries. In fact, the Chinese can't even use Google. Thus, there's no overlap of players from the mainstream Warframe and the Chinese one.

Console players could have gotten Excalibur Prime if they played on PC before the founder system ended. Chinese players were isolated from the rest of the world, meaning no such possibility legally existed.

35 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Chinese version is going FUBAR, guys, they've released Spira prime which is supposed to be exclusive to their founders too and chinese forums are rioting. THey're claiming DE has an internal crisis going or something, there was a reddit post earlier today.

Is this for real? Can you show me the link? PW is the most *ss backwards, money grabbing company on the planet, so I'm not even surprised if this is actually true.

Also, regardless of whether or not it has any effect on us in our version of the game, they shouldn't be selling exclusive limited time items anywhere or to anyone. And this isn't just from me being a Grandmaster about the Lato Prime. Those people must be p*ssed off.

Edited by Zachles
Fixed autocorrect PWE error.

Just now, Heckzu said:

I'll play the devil's advocate here, so don't hold anything against me for saying this, but you can't directly compare the Chinese Warframe with the console version. 

The console version and the mainstream PC version essentially share the same player base; at one point some PC players switched to consoles, and there have been console players that started all over on PC. But China is isolated from this player base. If you knew what was going on in China, you'd know they have a national firewall set up, restricting internet usage and denying access to sites from outside countries. In fact, the Chinese can't even use Google. Thus, there's no overlap of players from the mainstream Warframe and the Chinese one.

Console players could have gotten Excalibur Prime if they played on PC before the founder system ended. Chinese players were isolated from the rest of the world, meaning no such possibility legally existed.

I disagree with one main point: PC players of the global build and console players of the global build are not the same playerbase.

I feel that they are also isolated from each other; perhaps not geographically, but there is no interaction in their accounts.

Sure, migration existed once, but Founder items were excluded, so console players have still had zero chances. If you're suggesting that console players could have bought a gaming PC and played on PC while the Founders program was active, I could just as easily suggest that a Chinese person fly to Canada and make a global account while the Founders program was active. Both of these scenarios are ridiculous and not true solutions for their respective platform.

24 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

"It was an exclusive time limited item for us in our version of the game, so they shouldn't be able to get it at all in their version of the game" is an extremely (and wrongfully) entitled mindset. 

Just curious, should consoles receive Lato P too in your opinion? They had no chance to get the exclusive stuff and their version of the game has little to no interaction with PC version.

To be serious though, digital items exclusivity creates so much unnecessary mess. DE should just re-release the stuff in some way, shape or form to everyone and move on.

Is this for real? Can you show me the link? PWE is the most *ss backwards, money grabbing company on the planet, so I'm not even surprised if this is actually true.

Also, regardless of whether or not it has any effect on us in our version of the game, they shouldn't be selling exclusive limited time items anywhere or to anyone. And this isn't just from me being a Grandmaster about the Lato Prime. Those people must be p*ssed off.

Perfect World and Perfect World Entertainment are different companies.

PWE has no admin or legal oversight on DE, that's PW.

On topic; meh.  Its been made clear that these are two different games from get go

Just now, Noamuth said:

Perfect World and Perfect World Entertainment are different companies.

PWE has no admin or legal oversight on DE, that's PW.

On topic; meh.  Its been made clear that these are two different games from get go

They're both Warframe, and I'm on my iPad so I think it autocorrected PW to PWE. 

1 hour ago, DavyGhost said:

Just curious, should consoles receive Lato P too in your opinion? They had no chance to get the exclusive stuff and their version of the game has little to no interaction with PC version.

To be serious though, digital items exclusivity creates so much unnecessary mess. DE should just re-release the stuff in some way, shape or form to everyone and move on.

The console and PC versions of the game are both the global build of the game. They share the same content, and are managed by the same entity (Digital Extremes).

The Chinese version of the game is radically different than the game we play in terms of content. The entire story is different. Certain things have been cut out or removed and censored in order to make it appropriate for Chinese audiences.

Edited by Letter13
Please disregard in light of official comment regarding the matter.

4 minutes ago, Zachles said:

Is this for real? Can you show me the link? PWE is the most *ss backwards, money grabbing company on the planet, so I'm not even surprised if this is actually true.

PWE has nothing to do with this. PW is the company publishing Warframe in China. PWE publishes Chinese games in the west.

Similar names, different companies.

Just now, Zachles said:

They're both Warframe, and I'm on my iPad so I think it autocorrected PW to PWE. 

Yes, they are both Warframe but at the same time they're not the same game.

DE sold out version to Changyu, who then made adjustments and tweaks to make,it their own.