Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perfect World is Selling the Lato Prime

jxtichi012

2 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

I disagree with one main point: PC players of the global build and console players of the global build are not the same playerbase.

I feel that they are also isolated from each other; perhaps not geographically, but there is no interaction in their accounts.

Sure, migration existed once, but Founder items were excluded, so console players have still had zero chances. If you're suggesting that console players could have bought a gaming PC and played on PC while the Founders program was active, I could just as easily suggest that a Chinese person fly to Canada and make a global account while the Founders program was active. Both of these scenarios are ridiculous and not true solutions for their respective platform.

When I began playing this game over 3 years ago, I played on a laptop I used for school. Was a gaming PC needed to run Warframe? No, it wasn't. Did it require a computer? Yes, but I'm sure that unless the console player went to the nearest public library to check email, that player would have owned a PC. And considering a console's price tag, I'm sure console players could have afforded to buy a decent GPU instead of a console.

2 minutes ago, Corvid said:

PWE has nothing to do with this. PW is the company publishing Warframe in China. PWE publishes Chinese games in the west.

Similar names, different companies.

Please refer to an earlier post I just made. Thanks.

Just curious, should consoles receive Lato P too in your opinion? They had no chance to get the exclusive stuff and their version of the game has little to no interaction with PC version.

To be serious though, digital items exclusivity creates so much unnecessary mess. DE should just re-release the stuff in some way, shape or form to everyone and move on.

As far as I know, DE legally cannot release the Founders items and when Microsoft and Sony allowed the account transfer, DE was willing to send the Founders items with the Founders that were switching But the two console's didn't want that.

Honestly, I think the Founders should keep their items.  Its swag and a "I helped make this happen" status.  But to remove the salt from non founder's, distribute the affinity from those items into Vor's Prize

3 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

When I began playing this game over 3 years ago, I played on a laptop I used for school. Was a gaming PC needed to run Warframe? No, it wasn't. Did it require a computer? Yes, but I'm sure that unless the console player went to the nearest public library to check email, that player would have owned a PC. And considering a console's price tag, I'm sure console players could have afforded to buy a decent GPU instead of a console.

Similarly, airplanes existed 3 years ago. A resident of China could have flown to Canada and made a global account to buy Excalibur Prime. It might not be as easy to do that, but the option was there.

That doesn't change the fact that platforms Warframe China nor console Warframe have ever had the opportunity to obtain him.

4 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Yes, they are both Warframe but at the same time they're not the same game.

DE sold out version to Changyu, who then made adjustments and tweaks to make,it their own.

Yeah, they are extremely different, but they are still the same. We're getting distracted from the main point.

I personally don't care about the Lato Prime. The gall that Perfect World has to release a weapon that was exclusive to the Founders of the Chinese build of the game is ridiculous. That's f*cked up on so many levels. 

Going to share my own personal opinions on this.

I have to agree with AM- Bunny here, with what we all had to go trought to get Umbra in our build was quite the mess and with how badly the community unfolded and how much the Forum was in chaos. I have to agree them doing this is a very BAD move. The Chinese build are deliberately reneging on a contract, however with seening how bad their own issues are. I think its safe to assume, they are trying to spread the fire. (Onto us)

However I do respect what Letter-13 is trying to do here, and that is to stop the fire, before it spreads, while the truth is, you can't stop someone from trying to re-start it, you can still control it. So I can agree with this point of view, but yes, best bet is not to tell players what they "can or can't do" as that will only make it wrose.

But point is, as far I kown this needs to stop, and it needs to stop now, either: Stop the China foke, from getting this Lato Prime and their own "Exclusives" as it is NOT fair in any format. (besides Umbra "Prime"). Allow us to have Umbra. Or: Open the Founder Pack, for our build.

10 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

The console and PC versions of the game are both the global build of the game. They share the same content, and are managed by the same entity (Digital Extremes).

Nevertheless we on PC have no interation with consoles, and console players didn`t have a chance to get the exclusive stuff too.

Just now, DavyGhost said:

Nevertheless we on PC have no interation with consoles, and console players didn`t have a chance to get the exclusive stuff too.

What? Consoles do get exclusive skins, and still do to this day.

9 minutes ago, Zachles said:

Yeah, they are extremely different, but they are still the same. We're getting distracted from the main point.

I personally don't care about the Lato Prime. The gall that Perfect World has to release a weapon that was exclusive to the Founders of the Chinese build of the game is ridiculous. That's f*cked up on so many levels. 

I agree, but isn't this something they're know for?

29 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

I disagree with one main point: PC players of the global build and console players of the global build are not the same playerbase.

I feel that they are also isolated from each other; perhaps not geographically, but there is no interaction in their accounts.

Sure, migration existed once, but Founder items were excluded, so console players have still had zero chances. If you're suggesting that console players could have bought a gaming PC and played on PC while the Founders program was active, I could just as easily suggest that a Chinese person fly to Canada and make a global account while the Founders program was active. Both of these scenarios are ridiculous and not true solutions for their respective platform.

But there's one other huge difference, and an important one. Yes, console and PC players can't play in missions together.  But they're only really separated by time: Console players play about 98% the same game as PC did some weeks before them.  That's absolutely not true for Chinaframe.  IMHO, that's the only real difference, other than control scheme and some cosmetics.

Edited by FierceRadiance
clarification

25 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

The console and PC versions of the game are both the global build of the game. They share the same content, and are managed by the same entity (Digital Extremes).

The Chinese version of the game is radically different than the game we play in terms of content. The entire story is different. Certain things have been cut out or removed and censored in order to make it appropriate for Chinese audiences.

That doesn't justify selling Founders exclusives over there when they aren't even made available to non-Founder PC and console players. Even if they are managed by two different teams, Changyou shouldn't be allowed to sell Founders stuff over there. Don't tell me that Digital Extremes has absolutely zero control over Chinaframe. They're still sending updates over there, updates that DE chooses. Unless Leyou quite literally has complete control over Digital Extremes (which would contradict what DE has said), then DE should still have some control.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

They should do some agreement like "global founders pack never go live in china and china founders never go live in global", because release part of founder pack which have no place there is kinda backstabbing especially is the same company

This whole thing makes me wonder: will it be just Lato Prime? Because if Chinaframe get Excal Prime, there's no reason for us to not have the exact same copy of Excal Umbra (except the name, Umbra Prime sounds awful).

#INeedUmbraInMyLife

Edited by Ksaero

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

He's referring to the Founder exclusives.

Yeah, and PC can't get this...

5ISWce4.png

Which I am cool with, having platform specific gear is cool. What he was saying is that everyone has their own exclusives, it is just that PC has some exclusives that have MR. Also, PC hasn't gotten an exclusive since the steam summer sale a few years ago (and that was only for steam users) while consoles are continually getting more stuff. So if anything PC is getting the short stick :/

On topic, I really don't care if they get Lato Prime. It is basically a P2W version of Warframe that is further behind in updates than console. I wish them the best so DE can get more $$$ for the global build.

Just now, DrBorris said:

5ISWce4.png

Which I am cool with, having platform specific gear is cool. What he was saying is that everyone has their own exclusives, it is just that PC has some exclusives that have MR. Also, PC hasn't gotten an exclusive since the steam summer sale a few years ago (and that was only for steam users) while consoles are continually getting more stuff. So if anything PC is getting the short stick :/

On topic, I really don't care if they get Lato Prime. It is basically a P2W version of Warframe that is further behind in updates than console. I wish them the best so DE can get more $$$ for the global build.

We PC players also have exclusive Tennogen items, perhaps not permanent, but still.

1 minute ago, DrBorris said:

5ISWce4.png

I'll agree with you there.

I get that they're 2 versions of the game yes, the issue I have is with resale of the founders gear.

It was stated that they would not be resold, most believe that applies to re-release in the global build, but why doesn't that apply to the sale of the assets?

Yes, it has no impact on us. But as far as I can see DE have resold the founders gear to Chinaframe despite saying otherwise.

I stand corrected. Damn Chinese, first they steal our jobs, then they steal our pixels! /s

Edited by DeMonkey