Jump to content

Perfect World is Selling the Lato Prime


jxtichi012

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

Going to share my own personal opinions on this.

I have to agree with AM- Bunny here, with what we all had to go trought to get Umbra in our build was quite the mess and with how badly the community unfolded and how much the Forum was in chaos. I have to agree them doing this is a very BAD move. The Chinese build are deliberately reneging on a contract, however with seening how bad their own issues are. I think its safe to assume, they are trying to spread the fire. (Onto us)

However I do respect what Letter-13 is trying to do here, and that is to stop the fire, before it spreads, while the truth is, you can't stop someone from trying to re-start it, you can still control it. So I can agree with this point of view, but yes, best bet is not to tell players what they "can or can't do" as that will only make it wrose.

But point is, as far I kown this needs to stop, and it needs to stop now, either: Stop the China foke, from getting this Lato Prime and their own "Exclusives" as it is NOT fair in any format. (besides Umbra "Prime"). Allow us to have Umbra. Or: Open the Founder Pack, for our build.

 

Lets not do the last option without total consent however.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Regarding this OP *specifically*:

This offer (if true, which looks like it is) does violate our requests launching content. There are certain freedoms for the 'games as service' execution our international partners have, but we were able to get some explicit forbidden releases established which included Founder's gear. I can't speak too much on this simply because my involvement is minimum, but for those concerned about this rest assured we did not approve this.

It hasn't been even a year and Chinaframe is already getting in trouble. It's going down boys

https://media.tenor.co/images/225a06e9dfecd7404271a76f59f2ee64/raw

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Evanescent said:

Chinese version is going FUBAR, guys, they've released Spira prime which is supposed to be exclusive to their founders too and chinese forums are rioting. THey're claiming DE has an internal crisis going or something, there was a reddit post earlier today.

China and Korea are terrible at managing and designing MMOs, it's no surprise really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EmptyDevil said:

This has me concerned. I'm wondering if this action nullifies the contract between DE and Changyou.

If it does, and accepting as a given that Chinaframe will not respect DE's instructions regarding their game.....what real-world options does DE have?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Letter13 said:

From what I can tell, they wanted something exclusive to their version of the game, that they could call their own (that would not be in the global build) and DE basically said 'no' to that by planning for the release of Excalibur Umbra and the associated primes.

At that point, not letting China-frame have their own exclusives that the Global build would never get could be considered unfair if global version got/had items that could never be in the Chinese version of the game.

 

At the end of the day, it's literally a different game that has 0 interaction with ours. We really shouldn't be caring at all what the Chinese publishers decide to do with the Chinese version of the game. "It was an exclusive time limited item for us in our version of the game, so they shouldn't be able to get it at all in their version of the game" is an extremely (and wrongfully) entitled mindset. 

 

Does it somehow affect us on the global build?

If the answer to this question is "No" (spoilers, the answer is in fact "No"), then we really shouldn't be paying it any mind.

I'm glad people had a problem with the information the OP presented. And I'm glad DE sees it as a problem. That's why we shouldn't just ignore things just because they don't directly affect us. And I'm glad we've now received official confirmation that PW is doing this on their own. It's good that people gave DE the benefit of the doubt, but it's better that we know for certain that DE isn't responsible.

That said, I am confused by the domain of the website that is selling the Lato Prime. Is it an official PW website? Because it's not ChangYou's website, or perfect world's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

This has me concerned. I'm wondering if this action nullifies the contract between DE and Changyou.

I doubt it since part of that contract also has DE selling 51% of the company to Changyu.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the agreements were built without teeth in the event of violation, as you say I can't imagine the parties invalidating the entire agreement.  Which may well have been what Chinaframe was counting on.  Hey, it's no skin off our noses.  They're there, we're here.  Let them go their merry way.

"I've learned to dance with a hand in my pants

I rub my neck, and I write'em a check

and they go their merry way."

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

If it does, and accepting as a given that Chinaframe will not respect DE's instructions regarding their game.....what real-world options does DE have?

Not many given that they are owned by a Chinese company.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

If it does, and accepting as a given that Chinaframe will not respect DE's instructions regarding their game.....what real-world options does DE have?

the only thing that they can realistically do is stop handing them over updates, afaik china is pretty much a sealed environment so i really doubt any kind of legal retailation is going to be useful, on the other hand why should De do something? As i understand it they get a cut or some other sort of monetary renumeration from chinaframe, since it's not spilling over to us why sshould anyone care? I can understand founder outrage but quite apparently chinaframe sucks and founder gear is still unique where it matters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its an package sales event for Halloween apparently, available on PSN. Each gift package contains a certain amount of platinum, and additional gifts are given if enough platinum were acquired from the packages.

Translations:

"Acquire any amount of platinum to receive the Pumpkin Head helmet"

"Acquire 370 to 739 platinum to receive the Sclera (whip-sword)"

"Acquire 740 to 1699 plats to receive Sclera, Constitution (Nightmare Mod), Platinum Endo pack"

"Acquire 1700 to 4249 plats to receive Sclera, Legendary Lato Pistol(LATO PRIME), Constitution, Gold Endo pack"

"Acquire 4250 or over plats to receive Sclera, Primed Target Cracker, Lato Prime, Constitution, Gold Endo pack x2"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BCAW said:

Its an package sales event for Halloween apparently, available on PSN. Each gift package contains a certain amount of platinum, and additional gifts are given if enough platinum were acquired from the packages.

Translations:

"Acquire any amount of platinum to receive the Pumpkin Head helmet"

"Acquire 370 to 739 platinum to receive the Sclera (whip-sword)"

"Acquire 740 to 1699 plats to receive Sclera, Constitution (Nightmare Mod), Platinum Endo pack"

"Acquire 1700 to 4249 plats to receive Sclera, Legendary Lato Pistol(LATO PRIME), Constitution, Gold Endo pack"

"Acquire 4250 or over plats to receive Sclera, Primed Target Cracker, Lato Prime, Constitution, Gold Endo pack x2"

Where is this quoted from?  Is it from the Sony/PSN version of the Alert?  Is it from Chinaframe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I doubt it since part of that contract also has DE selling 51% of the company to Changyu.

Pretty sure they sold the company to Leyou, which - besides also being based in China - has no affiliation with Changyou, the publisher in charge of Warframe China.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AM-Bunny said:

Pretty sure they sold the company to Leyou, which - besides also being based in China - has no affiliation with Changyou, the publisher in charge of Warframe China.

 Leyou Technologies owns 97% of DE, Perfect World owns 3%, these are the people that own DE and make all the decisions.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Pretty sure they sold the company to Leyou, which - besides also being based in China - has no affiliation with Changyou, the publisher in charge of Warframe China.

LeYou used to be Sumpo, the company to which they sold 51% of their non-controlling shares. Matter of fact, I think ChangYou is just the name of their service. LeYou (formerly Sumpo Foods) is the company.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bl4ckhunter said:

the only thing that they can realistically do is stop handing them over updates, afaik china is pretty much a sealed environment so i really doubt any kind of legal retailation is going to be useful, on the other hand why should De do something? As i understand it they get a cut or some other sort of monetary renumeration from chinaframe, since it's not spilling over to us why sshould anyone care? I can understand founder outrage but quite apparently chinaframe sucks and founder gear is still unique where it matters. 

If founders gear cannot be re-released for legal reasons, as we are are constantly told on these forums, wouldnt DE at least have to issue some form of cease and desist to China frame, just to cover their own liability? I'm not sure where they would stand if they are seen to just let another party release assets they are contractually not allowed to. Given China's F• you response to the rest of the world it would probably be a futile gesture but they cannot be seen to be condoning this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The real Problem is this:

If this is true and they are just selling founder gear ... then DE should just sell their founder gear (Excal Umbra Prime) on our side..

If user just say "its not global, dont care" .. then we can say "it is not China here, so just dont care changyou"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...