Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perfect World is Selling the Lato Prime

jxtichi012

2 minutes ago, BCAW said:

@[DE]Rebecca

Please, say something, anything. I think people deserved to know, and not from some whistleblower. We need an explanation. Any explanation.

She already posted everything she knew here.

Beyond that, she's probably as mystified as we are, and I doubt it's a trivial matter to just call up the CEO of Changyou and ask WTF. It will take time to resolve this issue, and - historically speaking - there's been virtually no communication to us related to any matters of Warframe China, so I doubt we will be informed of how it unfolds.

Edited by AM-Bunny

4 minutes ago, Wynn said:

Wait are the mods they offering only with real world money?

Thank you for the quick reply Rebecca. I should mention that there's a bit of an upset over on r/warframe regarding this as well. If it's not too much to ask, I'd like for you to give out the same reassurances there. Thank you again for the reply, have a great day Space Mom.

Sincerely

BCAW

7 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Pretty sure they sold the company to Leyou, which - besides also being based in China - has no affiliation with Changyou, the publisher in charge of Warframe China.

I thought Leyou changed their named to Changyou?

Blarg, If I was on my PC I'd go dog for the contract DESteve posted when this all went down.

Just now, Noamuth said:

I thought Leyou changed their named to Changyou?

Blarg, If I was on my PC I'd go dog for the contract DESteve posted when this all went down.

Changyou is the company that Warframe is Licensed to in China.

Nothing is going to come of this, if Warframe is a flop in China Leyou will selit to someone else AND that is something to worry about.

mmmmh i wonder the next move DE can make to let the dog not stray too far away, they need to make a strong move now to leash them. Chinaframe broke a exclusivity contract so i think DE can do it too and don't give them anymore updates, but even then i don't think it's right for the china players...it's a S#&$ty situation.

17 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

The real Problem is this:

If this is true and they are just selling founder gear ... then DE should just sell their founder gear on our side..

If user just say "its not global, dont care" .. then we can say "it is not China here, so just dont care changyou"

LOL You sound like that episode of M*A*S*H

Frank Burns: "Colonel, the Chinese are advancing!!"

Col. Potter: "I understand. So naturally you shot BJ."

You can't simply use Chinaframe's unethical and possibly illegal action as a justification to break the rules (and possible commit a legally-actionable offense) here.  Doesn't work like that.

Also, what's legal or illegal in one legal system (US, Canada, whatever) doesn't necessarily mean anything in another legal system (China).

25 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

If this is true and they are just selling founder gear ... then DE should just sell their founder gear on our side..

If user just say "its not global, dont care" .. then we can say "it is not China here, so just dont care changyou"

Someone's looting! That must mean its okay lets all do it!

28 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

This isn't a bar fight where one person gets punched and the entire place turns into a free-for-all.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Regarding this OP *specifically*:

This offer (if true, which looks like it is) does violate our requests launching content. There are certain freedoms for the 'games as service' execution our international partners have, but we were able to get some explicit forbidden releases established which included Founder's gear. I can't speak too much on this simply because my involvement is minimum, but for those concerned about this rest assured we did not approve this.

Sadly, this is just the start and how they conduct business. Respect seems to be a one way street. I'd say run, but it's likely too late for that.

The most likely result will be ChinaFrame will pay some monetary amount as punitive damage for breaking a contract. The Lato Prime offering will cease (probably after the promotion) and those that already pay for it will still get to keep it. Whatever the result may be, it's going to be a lengthy process. Legality ~ evolution; it takes millions of years and the end results can be nothing like originally. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

The most likely result will be ChinaFrame will pay some monetary amount as punitive damage for breaking a contract. The Lato Prime offering will cease (probably after the promotion) and those that already pay for it will still get to keep it. Whatever the result may be, it's going to be a lengthy process. Legality ~ evolution; it takes millions of years and the end results can be nothing like originally. 

then i hope the fine will be calculated with all the thread,post,comments on reddit regarding founder items. Salty.

25 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

You can't simply use Chinaframe's unethical and possibly illegal action as a justification to break the rules (and possible commit a legally-actionable offense) here.  Doesn't work like that.

Also, what's legal or illegal in one legal system (US, Canada, whatever) doesn't necessarily mean anything in another legal system (China).

I dont disagree.. Thats right. What i said is just justice... not what i expect to  happen - as always in the real world

2 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

Then you and I disagree on the definition of "justice".

for me justice will be DE creating content that will be inevitably cutted by the Great China Censor ( :P ), a story with ribellions,capitalism and individuality...corpus!

19 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

An unrelated side issue: what is that armor they're showing on the same Chinaframe page as the Lato Prime?  I've seen it in-game, but it didn't look like anything I've seen in the market.  Is it Tennogen (here)?

Trinity Deluxe Skin?

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Regarding this OP *specifically*:

This offer (if true, which looks like it is) does violate our requests launching content. There are certain freedoms for the 'games as service' execution our international partners have, but we were able to get some explicit forbidden releases established which included Founder's gear. I can't speak too much on this simply because my involvement is minimum, but for those concerned about this rest assured we did not approve this.

DE about to lay down the law on Chinaframe.