Jump to content

Perfect World is Selling the Lato Prime


jxtichi012

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

I dont disagree.. Thats right. What i said is just justice... not what i expect to  happen - as always in the real world

Your world maybe, but the one I live in, that behaviour leads to drama, lawsuits and hospital visits.

That isnt justice, thats opportunistic shenanigans.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Relevant links in this article: http://games.mxdwn.com/news/leyou-technologies-holdings-purchases-digital-extremes-creators-of-warframe/

Basically Leyou owns a 58% majority of DE ao. last year, and filed notice in Jan to "purchase the rest of DE according to plan", according to spacemom.
Changyou is Leyou's publishing partner for Chinaframe, and appear to have "violated [DE's] requests launching content".

You think DE is going to file for an injunction or damages to their parent company's publishing partner for violating a mere request, especially in the midst of finalizing the sale of the rest of the company? Nothing's going to happen, nothing lasts forever. Just try to accept that and we can enjoy the game for as long as we can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

Then you and I disagree on the definition of "justice".

I have only agreed that this is the social order.. That doesnt mean that for example laws are always fair .. in fact they are not ...

18 minutes ago, ---UMBRA--- said:

Then. Give us Umbra Prime

So i guess im not the only one who thinks that this is just fair

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, macroeconomics said:

You think DE is going to file for an injunction or damages to their parent company's publishing partner for violating a mere request, especially in the midst of finalizing the sale of the rest of the company?

I think they can't do anything about it really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Corvid said:

PWE has nothing to do with this. PW is the company publishing Warframe in China. PWE publishes Chinese games in the west.

Similar names, different companies.

While it doesn't matter too much for the topic at hand, Perfect World Entertainment (PWE) is the international arm of Perfect World Inc (PW) in this case. They aren't really different companies, but Parent and Child company. PWE does handle games differently and has its own reputation separate from its parent company and that has earned them a somewhat deserved reputation in corners.

On topic, I am glad that DE Rebecca has addressed this. While I am not really affected by what Star Armor decides to do much of the time, deals like this do damage the rep and trust-ability of the developers. Hope the conflict of interest is resolved respectfully for all involved.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, hopefully legal can give them some comeuppance for this, but I also just don't know why anyone cares THAT much though. It's like a totally different game, one that we can never even play. Meh. 

 

Still very disrespectful of PW to do this, but it hardly affects us that much. If DE had approved this there would be an issue in terms of trust, but they didn't, so I don't see this as nearly as big a deal. A chinese company ripping things off or inserting things it doesn't have proper rights to isn't surprising to me, but DE agreeing to it would have been. Thankfully they did not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

I have only agreed that this is the social order.. That doesnt mean that for example laws are always fair .. in fact they are not ...

So i guess im not the only one who thinks that this is just fair

Okay.  Snark-free portion:

You're confusing what YOU WANT with "justice" and "fairness". They aren't the same thing, legally or ethically or any other way.  You're simply looking for a justification to get something you want and can't have.  You not getting your way is NOT "unfair".

It's not unjust that you aren't going to get what Founders had access to.  Founders supported the game four years ago, when it wasn't a smashing success, when almost nobody was aware the game even existed, weren't helping DE build and test and tear down and rebuild the basic structure of the game, and weren't putting any money into the game.  You didn't do any of that. No snark intended, it's just a fact that you would prefer to not look at.  But those facts didn't entitle them to the gear, they just had the opportunity to purchase a stake in a new IP, and decided to make a bet on Digital Extremes.  There are Founder items that I didn't pony up to buy, don't and can't have just like you, and I'm not complaining.

Snarky portion:

You're being selfish and greedy. You want what the other kid on the playground has, for no better reason than he has it and you don't.  You're whining, and you make yourself look small when you do it. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that you should be "entitled" to purchase Founder gear.  It was available during a particular window in time, and that window has now closed. It won't be re-opened.  Founders were just in the right place during the right time, and took advantage of an opportunity that you didn't. Stop trying to make this about "justice" and "fairness".

You're not the first one to confuse "I want" and "I should have", and I daresay you won't be the last.  Do a search of the forums and you'll find lots of similar posts about this topic, and they all ended the same.  The answer is no.  Move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

Okay.  Snark-free portion:

You're confusing what YOU WANT with "justice" and "fairness". They aren't the same thing, legally or ethically or any other way.  You're simply looking for a justification to get something you want and can't have.  You not getting your way is NOT "unfair".

It's not unjust that you aren't going to get what Founders had access to.  Founders supported the game four years ago, when it wasn't a smashing success, when almost nobody was aware the game even existed, weren't helping DE build and test and tear down and rebuild the basic structure of the game, and weren't putting any money into the game.  You didn't do any of that. No snark intended, it's just a fact that you would prefer to not look at.  But those facts didn't entitle them to the gear, they just had the opportunity to purchase a stake in a new IP, and decided to make a bet on Digital Extremes.  There are Founder items that I didn't pony up to buy, don't and can't have just like you, and I'm not complaining.

Snarky portion:

You're being selfish and greedy. You want what the other kid on the playground has, for no better reason than he has it and you don't.  You're whining, and you make yourself look small when you do it. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that you should be "entitled" to purchase Founder gear.  It was available during a particular window in time, and that window has now closed. It won't be re-opened.  Founders were just in the right place during the right time, and took advantage of an opportunity that you didn't. Stop trying to make this about "justice" and "fairness".

You're not the first one to confuse "I want" and "I should have", and I daresay you won't be the last.  Do a search of the forums and you'll find lots of similar posts about this topic, and they all ended the same.  The answer is no.  Move on.

Uhm, hate to point this out, because this is a good point, but the person you're talking to is a Founder.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Soo, what's the concern here?  That China will at some point sell Excalibur Prime?

As much as I understand this is two games with no (at least that we can foresee) contact with each other, this is a touchy subject.

You can state your opinion to this, but most Founders I have read posts on the matter of Excal P, claimed they did not really care anymore about exclusives. I wonder how true that really is if that came to pass.

I say let them sort it. Just give us Umbra.

Link to post
Share on other sites

While "Chinaframe" is a different game from ours an agreement is still an agreement.So selling any of the Founder items would be a breach of that agreement.While they got a exclusivity pack of their own similar to Founders pack it was only agreed that it would be exclusive within the Chinese build and that it may appear in global build as regular content(as far as I'm aware).

Only thing I don't agree with around the whole Founder pack thing is that Founders who migrated to console weren't able to keep their stuff.

 

Allowing them to go on like this may cause an uproar on our end aswell since some members will start demanding access to these items aswell.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Regarding this OP *specifically*:

This offer (if true, which looks like it is) does violate our requests launching content. There are certain freedoms for the 'games as service' execution our international partners have, but we were able to get some explicit forbidden releases established which included Founder's gear. I can't speak too much on this simply because my involvement is minimum, but for those concerned about this rest assured we did not approve this.

thank you for the comment on this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Chinaframe =/= Warframe

It's essentially a completely different game that merely uses Warframe's assets so stop paying attention to them and what they do.

I don't even have the founders stuff, so...

 

Let me just say, it's more about RESPECTING BOUNDARIES

 

DE said no, to certain things being released, and they went ahead and did it anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Only thing I don't agree with around the whole Founder pack thing is that Founders who migrated to console weren't able to keep their stuff.

According to https://warframe.com/news/account-migration:

- Your PC account will remain unaffected and unchanged after migration.
- All PC Exclusive items and gear will remain exclusive to the PC and will NOT migrate to the PS4.

Which means their founder items are still on their PC account, so they were able to keep their stuff, it's just not accessable on the PS4 version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Whatevs. they get a awful tier prime gun (unless they modified it stronger than lex prime) for a ton of money on their private server we will never see or play with. 

Watch it have like 100 damage with a 25% crit chance and 2x multiplier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, achromos said:

Let me just say, it's more about RESPECTING BOUNDARIES

 

DE said no, to certain things being released, and they went ahead and did it anyway.

^

Hope things won't getting more out of control as it already seems starting to happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nariala said:

Surprised we aren't seeing more backlash over primed streamline as we were all told that it was more or less non existent data mine stuff designed to confuse dataminers. 

Yeah, but I think the reasoning was that China gives no fucks about balancing. I mean idk if we can really talk about that anyways considering our state of balancing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...