Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

TennoGen Round 6 Accepted Submissions

On 15.11.2016 at 1:22 PM, AntoineFlemming said:

It usually takes a whole month for Tennogen content to be added to the game. So, I wouldn't expect to see Tennogen until next week at the earliest, if not the week after.

So sorry to hear this sad news..

Honestly, there were better skins to choose from. The only reason these ones got chosen is because they fit the theme of the others already chosen in previous tennogen runs. The graxx series is nothing but frames slightly redesigned to mimic Grineer skins. Admittedly, that wouldn't be too bad if there were more skins chosen alongside them. This is the FIRST Ember skin we have, and there were others that could have been considered too. Why DE continues to add skins to frames with skins upon skins I can't understand. Mag and Saryn are favorites obviously, but please, more for those of us that play other frames too.

I'm glad to see the Emperor Frost skin though. Helmet looked too much like a Power Ranger for me to say no, lol!

It's Morphin' Time!

Edited by SaberSentinel
9 minutes ago, Myhon said:

The design doesn't fit Warframe, they also look very similar

What? Because it's futuristic Neo Japan style? Please, lots of the warframe skins already in the game, or the frame themselves, are drew from inspirations of different cultures. It can fit if DE just makes it to be. The N series skins are one of the most innovative creations in TennoGen thus far besides the accepted ugly retextures. 

Edited by Soju.

11 minutes ago, Soju. said:

What? Because it's futuristic Neo Japan style? Please, lots of the warframe skins already in the game, or the frame themselves, are drew from inspirations of different cultures. It can fit if DE just makes it to be. The N series skins are one of the most innovative creations in TennoGen thus far besides the accepted ugly retextures. 

Yes, different cultures, not styles. Helmets on some of these skins look almost the same.

Edited by Myhon
2 minutes ago, Myhon said:

Yes, different cultures, not styles. Helmets on some of these skins look almost the same.

Keyword being: "some", that doesn't excuse for the rest of his creations that do not looks the 'same'. While I can see some similarities with his Ash and Trinity helmet for example, they still looks great.

And I think you're having a hard time comprehending, of course different cultures have different styles lol. I'm a man who appreciates varieties and options, this only shows that DE is not respecting the players' choices and opinions to its full extend.

3 minutes ago, Soju. said:

Keyword being: "some", that doesn't excuse for the rest of his creations that do not looks the 'same'. While I can see some similarities with his Ash and Trinity helmet for example, they still looks great.

And I think you're having a hard time comprehending, of course different cultures have different styles lol. I'm a man who appreciates varieties and options, this only shows that DE is not respecting the players' choices and opinions to its full extend.

Well, i'm not gonna arque with you, it's just a waste of time. DE have Their own issues with those skins, meaby ask them on the next DevStream?

Just now, Myhon said:

Well, i'm not gonna arque with you, it's just a waste of time. DE have Their own issues with those skins, meaby ask them on the next DevStream?

It indeed is a waste of time since you and I both don't know what their stance on it is, and they are never bothered enough to address it yet.

51 minutes ago, Myhon said:

The design doesn't fit Warframe, they also look very similar

+1. They are not bad, but extremely derivatives and a bit messy in terms of finition, i'm not an expert though.

I think Yatus should concentrate on far less skin at the same time.

2 hours ago, Soju. said:

What's DE's problem with Yatus's skins lol, those are popular and highly demanded yet none ever makes it here. I especially like his Nekros Dread helmet but it seemed it's never gonna make it.

They just aren't high-quality texture-wise and mesh-wise. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but I think that's the issue with his skins.

9 hours ago, AntoineFlemming said:

They just aren't high-quality texture-wise and mesh-wise. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but I think that's the issue with his skins.

Thank you. People forget its more about looking cool. They have to be on the same level as DE's own work. Yatus just needs to slow a bit and improve a bit more. The designs sense is there in some of Yatu;s work just need s that quality. 

3 hours ago, Captain_Thickthighs said:

Thank you. People forget its more about looking cool. They have to be on the same level as DE's own work. Yatus just needs to slow a bit and improve a bit more. The designs sense is there in some of Yatu;s work just need s that quality. 

Your name is great fam

On 11/23/2016 at 11:43 AM, AntoineFlemming said:

I'm sorry but when you look at the accepted Volt Amp skin, then that reason is automatically invalid, and his N series is leagues better.

50 minutes ago, Soju. said:

I'm sorry but when you look at the accepted Volt Amp skin, then that reason is automatically invalid, and his N series is leagues better.

Sorry but are you qualified to make that judgement? Whether you like it or not, Amp skin fulfill the quality standard while Yatus's skins are just not, it's that simple. It's not obvious to amateur's eyes, but Yatus model are not properly modeled while his textures are made by stitching various textures together instead of making it himself. You can see Ash's texture on his Luden skin and Valkyr's texture on the vagabond skin. That is technically incorrect and it will disqualify him.

You know what? The fact that none of his skins are accepted should be enough proof that there is something wrong. And i've seen people told him this yet he still continues like there is nothing wrong. So it can be said that the real reason of his failure is because of supporter like you who keeps convincing him that he's doing right and making him repeat the same mistakes.

I can't help but join this argument.. Thank you guys for having my back but in most cases they were right about my textures i did make mistakes. Many times the DE contacted me and said they wanted to put them in game but the first time the helmet mesh was messed up and the second time they wanted to put ludens in but i needed to change the back of the helmet, unfortunately they couldnt wait for that and said they will look at it the next round.

@Rekkou about the part that i dont listen to other people i'm sorry but i have to disagree with you completely, first of all i try to improve myself everytime i get a crtic comment and try to take its advice, if you go into my comment section you will see that .people noticed i use some parts on excalibur, so i immediately changed that part (modified).

It wasn't such a big problem to DE they just said i need to tone it down on that, so i did. i don't mean to attack you in any way, on the contrary you are one of my favorite artists here and i bought your items. I tried contacting a couple of artists to help me out on the bad quality texture part, but i still cant figure out (except the part of using some original frame parts) what is the problem, (hitsu san thinks its because of the screenshot resoulution, artwarren also helped me and told me about retexturing) i understand the problem is quality but i still dont get what about it (the resolution? The file format, alpha channel?)

So rekkou if you can please help me out and tell me what to specifily change i'd be more than happy to listen to you. I don't want to be an attention @#&*( here, but i went through a lot and i mean a lot to only get to make the skins the best i can and get accepted, so there is no logic for me not to listen to my commenters because there is obviously something wrong with them.

Ps sorry about the chaotic way of writing this i am sorta in a hurry.

7 hours ago, ShinAmeD said:

-snip-

The solution to your problem has been said many times before by many people "take your time". Some people also start from zero and progressing slower than you but they made their items properly without reusing textures like you do. Their only problem is just artistic quality that will definitely improve over time. And your problem is technical quality, it won't improve much if you just keep doing what you do. You need to refine your method from the basic, learn each step properly. We can point you what's wrong, but it won't help if after that you only repeat the same method that causes the previous error.

41 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

The solution to your problem has been said many times before by many people "take your time". Some people also start from zero and progressing slower than you but they made their items properly without reusing textures like you do. Their only problem is just artistic quality that will definitely improve over time. And your problem is technical quality, it won't improve much if you just keep doing what you do. You need to refine your method from the basic, learn each step properly. We can point you what's wrong, but it won't help if after that you only repeat the same method that causes the previous error.

That was the problem man they didnt point out what was wrong they sorta categorized the problem telling me its about quality so i didnt know what to fix... Is it a problem for you to point out these flaws i will try my best to fix them

Edited by ShinAmeD