Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 6 Accepted Submissions

[DE]Taylor

47 minutes ago, ShinAmeD said:

That was the problem man they didnt point out what was wrong they sorta categorized the problem telling me its about quality so i didnt know what to fix... Is it a problem for you to point out these flaws i will try my best to fix them

Did you read my post? i've wrote your problem and the solution there. You're not missing some pro secret technique, you're missing the basic. Learn properly, remake your skins with proper method, and your problem will fix itself, that's all.

Thankss man :D but can you be a little more specific, sorry  for the bother man just really need this ( or you can accept my invite on steam and we can chat it will be easier to explain) thanks again bro 

2 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Did you read my post? i've wrote your problem and the solution there. You're not missing some pro secret technique, you're missing the basic. Learn properly, remake your skins with proper method, and your problem will fix itself, that's all.

1 hour ago, ShinAmeD said:

Thankss man :D but can you be a little more specific, sorry  for the bother man just really need this ( or you can accept my invite on steam and we can chat it will be easier to explain) thanks again bro

3rd time i repeat myself, so pardon me if i decline your invite, chatting with you seems like going to be very stressful experience.

So for the last time, your problem is you reuse texture, don't do that anymore. It's okay to use textures to add small details like nuts and bolts, it's not okay to make full skin like that. Sculpt everything yourself and bake the normal map yourself. Your models are not properly made, just take your time making it, look for tutorial that suits your design and follow it.

Alright, thank you. Sorry for bothering you i didn't mean to upset you. I was just banging my head these days on what i was doing wrong, you can see in my latest frames that i rarely used retextures (almost none), like if you analize it i don't think you can find any retextures. But people still kept having problems with it, so i thought maybe it wasn't that but something else. I get what you are saying but i never made a whole skin with retextures. Maybe i was hard to understand in my previous comments i thought the problem was specific like i told you the texture resolution etc. I will listen to your advice and take as much time as i can to perfect them. 

6 hours ago, Rekkou said:

3rd time i repeat myself, so pardon me if i decline your invite, chatting with you seems like going to be very stressful experience.

So for the last time, your problem is you reuse texture, don't do that anymore. It's okay to use textures to add small details like nuts and bolts, it's not okay to make full skin like that. Sculpt everything yourself and bake the normal map yourself. Your models are not properly made, just take your time making it, look for tutorial that suits your design and follow it.

Edited by ShinAmeD

10 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Lol i just see now that i totally ran through this comment like an ignorat asss, didn't even read it right. You're right man my idea of thinking that the problem was as you said a "professional trick" polluted my mind and i was only searching for that. 

On 10/29/2016 at 4:54 AM, KarmaINC said:

please somebody tell DE that we seriously need these skins to be treated as deluxe skins and not show prime parts in prime frames. I am so fond of these designs and prime bits ruins it big time for me. I ain't gonna use base nyx with armour of 15 for solely using tennogen skins when i can survive better with my nyx prime with 50 armour. I so need that change before this skin comes out.

It's particularly bad with Valkyr Prime now that she's out, the new fancy bits cover or replace about 90% of her upper body and about half of her legs, I had to swap between default and Graxx several times before I could spot any difference. Pretty much no reason to get any body skins for her if you're unwilling to give up Prime stats.

IMO a toggle would be best (I kinda like how my Nyx Prime w/ Athena skin looks) and I understand it would be extra work, but if you're going to have Tennogen base their work off of the basic 'frame, we should have the option to put it on a basic 'frame and keep the prime stats.

Edited by Foefaller

On 11/30/2016 at 4:43 PM, Foefaller said:

-snipped for ease-

I agree with the toggle for Prime parts in Fashion frame. I personally don't hate the primed bits on Valkyr showing over the Graxx skin too much, but I can defintely see that people would dislike it.

Beyond that, I just have one question.. WHEN can we expect the next batch of Tennogen to go live?
It's all getting so good that I can hardly wait for each new batch!

6 hours ago, DragonKnightJin said:

Beyond that, I just have one question.. WHEN can we expect the next batch of Tennogen to go live?
It's all getting so good that I can hardly wait for each new batch!

Still no one knows. Maybe late December 2016.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2016 at 11:36 PM, FaeKingOberon said:

I dont do it to pass peoples good work, but i end up passing over soooo much excalibro and volt in my votes. There's soooo many submissions for them. I kinda glaze over when i see them, I try to upvote every remotely good skin I see for less mained frames, while I believe I see a good selection of ash helms, cant say I see an awful lot of ash skins, much less ones I see in my daily workshop feed.

So true! I get so many excal skins in my feed that it's ridiculous. I wish that more skins for other frames would come to light, in particular, nothing has ever come out for Nezha. Nothing at all. 

On 11/20/2016 at 1:53 PM, SaberSentinel said:

Honestly, there were better skins to choose from. The only reason these ones got chosen is because they fit the theme of the others already chosen in previous tennogen runs. The graxx series is nothing but frames slightly redesigned to mimic Grineer skins. Admittedly, that wouldn't be too bad if there were more skins chosen alongside them. This is the FIRST Ember skin we have, and there were others that could have been considered too. Why DE continues to add skins to frames with skins upon skins I can't understand. Mag and Saryn are favorites obviously, but please, more for those of us that play other frames too.

I'm glad to see the Emperor Frost skin though. Helmet looked too much like a Power Ranger for me to say no, lol!

It's Morphin' Time!

So true! The Emperor Frost skin is possibly my favorite skin I've seen from tennogen