Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recurring Nightmares: Hotfix #2

[DE]Megan

Main Update:

Recurring Nightmares: Hotfix #2

Changes

• Since Hotfix: Lunaro 4 the matchmaking system has been using an estimate for your world location to prioritize servers near you; since this has been polished and is working well we can now do away with the unnecessary split of NA into 2 regions! This means more consistent population in trade/recruiting chat, better matchmaking for Central players, and more squads to hook up with. 
  • Vastly improved framerate for Nightmare missions on some systems.

Dedicated Server Fixes 

• Fixed Oberon’s Hallowed Ground causing a script error in Dedicated Servers.

Fixes

• Fixed more edge cases where vintage Dx9 GPUs would have problems masking out UI elements.
  • Fixed a bug in level generation that would (in rare cases) result in a layout that could not be loaded (this may have resulted in loading to a black screen or may have crashed).
  • Fixed Nightmare missions appearing on quest nodes (e.g. Mutalist Alad V Assassination from Patient Zero quest). 
  • Fixed Vay Molta, Sprag, and Ven’kra Tel slam attacking and then falling through the ground.
  • Fixed a hole in the Uranus Sealab Tileset that players could use to escape out of the level.

unknown.png

Evening! Not many additions this week, since all around the game has been pretty steller recently - 

Only thing I might suggest would be to look at how the Tutorials are presented to players. Some of the most frequent questions I see in the region chat by newer players are 'where to farm resource x?' and 'how to join a clan?'. In the case of the resources, something as simple as pointing out the extractor icon on a planet and the resources that appear when it is hovered over would assist most of these players. For the clan peeps, (as the tutorial is already in place) there should be more of a concerted effort to Make players access the Tutorials. This at least would show them that the game does have text tutorials for a fair few systems.

In terms of bugs, the only irritating ones recently have been enemies spawning within walls during sorties, and Valkyr losing her ability to melee and aim-glide during missions. The Valkyr bug appears to be caused by knockdowns, but other than that I cannot confirm any details other than I experience it quite frequently, also, I have heard reports of this happening on other frames.

Edited by Orthelius
Changed font colour back to default

A suggestion you may or may not read :

It'd be cool if other players in the squad would be able to see what nightmare mission the squad will be running, atm this is only possible with pub groups, not private; even checking over the node itself while voting is in progress displays the normal mode and leaves you unaware of what modifiers there are (unless you ask team mates, which doesn't take long, but still.)

• Since Hotfix: Lunaro 4 the matchmaking system has been using an estimate for your world location to prioritize servers near you; since this has been polished and is working well we can now do away with the unnecessary split of NA into 2 regions! This means more consistent population in trade/recruiting chat, better matchmaking for Central players, and more squads to hook up with. 

So no more empty recruiting tab? Damn, just when I was getting used to hearing an echo everything I typed something into recruiting tab.

Edited by Schrodingers_Bodybag

Can you please consider to look at the timer of the endless haloween event,  because the timer adds 4 extra seconds to the final time, for example I achieved a time of 667 and the end of mission did say 667, but at the solar chart it saved as 663, thus I didn't qualify for the reactor.