Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recurring Nightmares: Hotfix #2

[DE]Megan

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Main Update:

Recurring Nightmares: Hotfix #2

Changes

• Since Hotfix: Lunaro 4 the matchmaking system has been using an estimate for your world location to prioritize servers near you; since this has been polished and is working well we can now do away with the unnecessary split of NA into 2 regions! This means more consistent population in trade/recruiting chat, better matchmaking for Central players, and more squads to hook up with. 
  • Vastly improved framerate for Nightmare missions on some systems.

Dedicated Server Fixes 

• Fixed Oberon’s Hallowed Ground causing a script error in Dedicated Servers.

Fixes

• Fixed more edge cases where vintage Dx9 GPUs would have problems masking out UI elements.
  • Fixed a bug in level generation that would (in rare cases) result in a layout that could not be loaded (this may have resulted in loading to a black screen or may have crashed).
  • Fixed Nightmare missions appearing on quest nodes (e.g. Mutalist Alad V Assassination from Patient Zero quest). 
  • Fixed Vay Molta, Sprag, and Ven’kra Tel slam attacking and then falling through the ground.
  • Fixed a hole in the Uranus Sealab Tileset that players could use to escape out of the level.

good one ninja

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes

• Fixed a hole in the Uranus Sealab Tileset that players could use to escape out of the level.

DE,

1) Using Nezha' #2 allows player to escape level when the ring is somewhere out of bound.

2) Using #5 and cancelling it, near a bugged door which refused to open allows player to drop out of map.

the second one is confirmed. The first, unsure where should the ring be.

Edited by low1991

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

we can now do away with the unnecessary split of NA into 2 regions!

Come on give us a singular EU server back as well then. It's so annoying to hop between EU and eEU going trough Esc-Settings-Gameplay every time I want to get access to public matchmaking or recruiting/trade chat. As someone who lives in Russia while using eng client it became unbearable so I had to quit because of that despite liking the game being playing since CBT.

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Since Hotfix: Lunaro 4 the matchmaking system has been using an estimate for your world location to prioritize servers near you

Can you please (add an option to) kill it with fire, thank you very much. If I wanted to play with players who live in my region I'd choose that region.

Still no fix for the cloth physics on certain frames with skirt attires? Imma just leave this here on each occasion i get. I wouldn't have bat an eye about it if it weren't for seeing Frost's new cloth physics last night and seeing how other frames got this bug after they've applied a cloth fix to Vauban Prime.

Take a look. This time, a bit better. 

PS - Sorry for a lower than common resolution.

17 hours ago, Orthelius said:

unknown.png

Evening! Not many additions this week, since all around the game has been pretty steller recently - 

Only thing I might suggest would be to look at how the Tutorials are presented to players. Some of the most frequent questions I see in the region chat by newer players are 'where to farm resource x?' and 'how to join a clan?'. In the case of the resources, something as simple as pointing out the extractor icon on a planet and the resources that appear when it is hovered over would assist most of these players. For the clan peeps, (as the tutorial is already in place) there should be more of a concerted effort to Make players access the Tutorials. This at least would show them that the game does have text tutorials for a fair few systems.

In terms of bugs, the only irritating ones recently have been enemies spawning within walls during sorties, and Valkyr losing her ability to melee and aim-glide during missions. The Valkyr bug appears to be caused by knockdowns, but other than that I cannot confirm any details other than I experience it quite frequently, also, I have heard reports of this happening on other frames.

The *Valkyr* bug you are talking about happens to every frame in the game ive lost the ability to melee with Chroma,Excalibur,Mirage,Inaros and so on.it seems to happen when you get knocked down in a specific time ..like if you do a slide attack or something like that.

Edited by Raytrox

19 hours ago, Caduzeus said:

How about you do away with Eastern Europe and South America too? There is no-one there, ever.

Most people on those servers probably won't play the game in english, you will have to change the game language to see the vast amount of people playing.

You might have to do that with other games as well, or, do you really think the rest of the world cannot play computer games in their own languages?

Actually, I think DE should split south america in spanish and portuguese servers (Brazil), and add a Latin NA server for the growing hispanic gaming community in Canada and USA.

Edit: For the record, Eastern Europe is my server of choice when I can't find people in other servers, including former NA East.

Edited by Groucho_Master

Dear god, it's taking 5 minutes to claim foundry items. What's wrong with the servers right now? Did your merge blow up the server load right now in the US? Getting network not responding every 15 minutes. Are you guys getting flooded or DDoS'd? Hope I'm not the only one, south US here.

9 minutes ago, HellFireHound said:

Dear god, it's taking 5 minutes to claim foundry items. What's wrong with the servers right now? Did your merge blow up the server load right now in the US? Getting network not responding every 15 minutes. Are you guys getting flooded or DDoS'd? Hope I'm not the only one, south US here.

I bet they get DDoS'd again.

"THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE" *in the voice of vay hek*

On 29.10.2016. at 10:43 AM, Zero255 said:

Come on give us a singular EU server back as well then. It's so annoying to hop between EU and eEU going trough Esc-Settings-Gameplay every time I want to get access to public matchmaking or recruiting/trade chat. As someone who lives in Russia while using eng client it became unbearable so I had to quit because of that despite liking the game being playing since CBT.

As someone who doesnt live in russia, but in EU east, I use EU only region, because I hate seeing cyrlic left and right. Combining 2 english speaking parts of the same country CAN NOT be as an example for a part of the world where every country has different language, but somehow we still can come to a common denominator that english is the language we are going to use, but you cant tell that to russians. CS GO taught me that and many others.

The Juggernaut sometimes gets stuck in small crevices such as in the gap beside the stairs in the nightmare mission.

That makes it impossible to kill it. It should have a larger spherical hitbox for movement only - a "movebox" - to prevent it from entering those narrow places.