Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Variant - Best way to learn your movement

Loxyen

Question

Variant is the new annihilation mode of the Conclave, which is excellent to train your movement-aim sync. Without airmelee etc. you have to rely on the purest of your movement.

For Conclave itself: Just desultory jumping around and trying to shoot randomly won't let you win the match vs decent fellow Tennos.

You will need a plan and the skill to make it happen. In my eyes Variant is the most suiting mode to train this. Usually if you fail, your opponent is outplaying you, you have no situational awareness neither watch your surrounding -> you get isntagibbed.

So if you finally give into the desire of gitting gud and actually train/test stuff/start to play Conclave for the fun instead of grind/whatever, you will be confronted with the confines of the movement. Meanwhile you should've seen and experienced what is possible, start to use those moves yourself and include the map to buff your advantage.

Here I have a little encouragement with examples for you:

Feel free to add your crazy moves and strategies to this topic if you want to share them or need help. Maybe add a little describtion of what you experienced and how you reacted too. Like: 'What was your plan?'

5 answers to this question

Here an example how its done:

I was reloading, saw that Kontrollo was pretty close to me and knew he saw me too. I wasn't able to shoot him so the best move to get out of that situation alive would've been dodging to the right, or trying to jump above him and screw with his aim. BUT I knew that he was aware of the situation too. Because of that I decided to just duck and fire back. ;)

Normally in arena shooters ADAD (left right strafe) spam is how people move around because they lack air control. It's not dissimilar in Warframe, if you do the bullet jump>double jump roll combo it's easy to pick you out of the air because you're completely out of additional movement maneuvers. Canceled bullet jumps and single slides are often enough to escape a single foe, and in order to weave past multiple lasers you'll have to stack these maneuvers and time them according to everyone's shots. 

On 11/2/2016 at 11:31 PM, Witchydragon said:

Normally in arena shooters ADAD (left right strafe) spam is how people move around because they lack air control. It's not dissimilar in Warframe, if you do the bullet jump>double jump roll combo it's easy to pick you out of the air because you're completely out of additional movement maneuvers. Canceled bullet jumps and single slides are often enough to escape a single foe, and in order to weave past multiple lasers you'll have to stack these maneuvers and time them according to everyone's shots. 

i fap to ADAD strafe in instagib