The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

Make the ability keys work like the ocarina in the Zelda series, so that you have different effects depending on which combination you perform. 

Would allow a lot of different effects...

1 -2 - 3-4 does one thing

1-3-2-4 does something else

1-4-2-3 does something else else

. . .

I'm personally hoping for a conductor of sorts that controls several types of ethereal instruments (based off of the 4 core types of the orchestra) using a baton and he switches instrument types using the first power and his subsequent powers are based off of what type of instrument he's currently using (string=Enemy debuff, wind=Ally buff, brass=Self buff, percussion=Crowd control).

With his 4 having him actually use an ethereal instrument of the type he's currently switched to (i.e. String=ethereal violin, Wind=ethereal flute, Brass=ethereal trumpet, Percussion= ethereal piano (in the form of a set of piano keys in front of him))

• 1 month later...

So yeah, just saying. Wasn't the worst idea in the end ey?

Before you say it, yes i know. I never came through with the pictures and TBF, my attention span back then was basically non-existent, but I CALLED IT! A bard frame WOULD fit well into the universe! It took nearly 2 years but it's becoming a thing! (albeit with no actual input or involvement from me at all and this old post probably had no affect on bringing it into existence)

I should probably say this is not a "Told you so thread" but a "Damn I'm excited for this" and other speculations thread xP sorry for any misunderstandings xP

In warframe, they are not many supports, you just have trinity and oberon ( in my opinion he is @(*()$ trash...) AND maybe that EMO(Nekros) dude....

This one is similar to Oberon...really it looks like him..

He isn't best at anything but he can do almost everything..

6 minutes ago, Alcoholism said:

I have to say I am looking forward to the music sequencer mechanic they intend to implement with the bard frame.
Hopefully the options for music composition won't be too limited.

I know, right? Now if only we were able to do this for example:

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, Alcoholism said:

I have to say I am looking forward to the music sequencer mechanic they intend to implement with the bard frame.

Oooh. Sounds like we get to use Monster Hunter's Hunting Horns in-game.

Btw OP, I went to thread and thought a little about your suggestion.

I think all 3 of those (except ulti) abilities should be put into 1. Have him use something else as an ulti, and a 3rd ability. Have his ulti suggestion that you gave become a 2nd ability.

For ulti, I recommend having a huge aura power spike to your current active abilities, and a huge range knockdown effect to any enemies the Bard is facing. If no auras are active, let it do the knockdown effect only.

For his 3rd.. I'm still thinking. All this thinking is probably for naught and DE themselves have probably already made their decisions on what the upcoming Bard-frame's abilities are going to be, but I have fun thinking about ability suggestions, so Wynaut right?

Edited by LunarEdge7
Typo.

53 minutes ago, BloodPunch said:

In warframe, they are not many supports, you just have trinity and oberon ( in my opinion he is @(*()$ trash...) AND maybe that EMO(Nekros) dude....

This one is similar to Oberon...really it looks like him..

He isn't best at anything but he can do almost everything..

Not many supports? Seriously? Equinox, Banshee, Frost, Limbo, Titania, Nova, Nyx, Zephyr. What Warframe lacks, is dedicated buffers.

27 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

-snip-

yeah "^,.,^ that post was old and before the idea of multiple abilities on one ability was a thing (i think... probably not) but it wasn't polished at all. Still think persistent auras and a bass drop are mandatory in the kit so can't wait to see what DE do with it xD

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

There are so many ideas floating around they're bound to be similar eventually.

Yeah, I just thought of pointing it out as a light hearted intro to a speculation thread to ease people to be a little crazy with their responses xD (also a little to laugh at how I was told a bard frame does not fit thematically into warframe xD)

5 hours ago, Alcoholism said:

Can't wait till someone makes Darude Sandstorm in Warframe

5 hours ago, mobilehacker said:

Not many supports? Seriously? Equinox, Banshee, Frost, Limbo, Titania, Nova, Nyx, Zephyr.

Just list them all, because every warframe does something good to his teammates. But it's really not what players usually call "support". Like you wanting your dedicated buffers (whose role most of them can partly play) i want my dedicated supports too. I mean that ones who are all about healing, giving energy and shields, reviving and doing other things directed to warframes, not enemies. Like Trinity but not Trinity