The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

6 minutes ago, Imaru said:

As I am in the DC, I gotta say that when voting I always choose the one that I feel is best, within the Warframe universe. Titania for example was just the one of the options that I felt best fit her abilities and such. 

6 minutes ago, Arceus255 said:

^this

I hate it when everyone has all these great names and then the design council still manages to make something without any significance or just something completely generic and expected.

For titania I wanted "bob" to be chosen ._.

Honestly though, even something as simple as this :

11 minutes ago, Zezakh said:

Melody

Would be more interesting than having another god name

24 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

They'll probably do as always :

Ask the design council for names and then make them vote for the names they liked, and we'll end up with the name of a divinity or an history/mythology reference.

And once again there will be no originality.

actually its the first post. cause no one reads those 10+ page threads cause lazy.

17 minutes ago, Arceus255 said:

^this

I hate it when everyone has all these great names and then the design council still manages to make something without any significance or just something completely generic and expected.

you arent in the design council you hardly know the half of it. I blame all the non founders in DC.

So I was curious as the "Bard" frame that DE showed on devstream 82 had no name so I decided to research a name that would sound fitting for him. I took a look at the names of current warframes and they either reference a mythological being (e.g. titania, atlas) or reference their fighting style (e.g. ember = fire, excalibur = sword spam) so I decided to make a compromise by translating the word 'bard' into Greek, Romanian and Latin; the three major civilizations of old that have helped to develop english (excluding Greek as Greece is still a country but I did it anyways as lots of warframes had greek names) and I got...

βάρδος  (pronounced: bard) for Greek,

Bard (pronounced: bard) for Romanian, (lol)

and Vetis (pronounced: veh-tis) for Latin, and guess which one I though was best...

Vetis duh all the others are pronounced bard and in Romanian it litterally is the same word, BARD. Also the reason I didnt use the name of a mythological being is that I cant think of a bard god and a bard is a profession, not a position of fantasy. (e.g. fairy queen = Titania)

So I come to a conclusion that the best name for "Bard" frame is: Vetis

Image result for bard warframe picture

2 minutes ago, dragonfuryattack said:
So I was curious as the "Bard" frame that DE showed on devstream 82 had no name so I decided to research a name that would sound fitting for him. I took a look at the names of current warframes and they either reference a mythological being (e.g. titania, atlas) or reference their fighting style (e.g. ember = fire, excalibur = sword spam) so I decided to make a compromise by translating the word 'bard' into Greek, Romanian and Latin; the three major civilizations of old that have helped to develop english (excluding Greek as Greece is still a country but I did it anyways as lots of warframes had greek names) and I got...

βάρδος  (pronounced: bard) for Greek,

Bard (pronounced: bard) for Romanian, (lol)

and Vetis (pronounced: veh-tis) for Latin, and guess which one I though was best...

Vetis duh all the others are pronounced bard and in Romanian it litterally is the same word, BARD. Also the reason I didnt use the name of a mythological being is that I cant think of a bard god and a bard is a profession, not a position of fantasy. (e.g. fairy queen = Titania)

So I come to a conclusion that the best name for "Bard" frame is: Vetis

Image result for bard warframe picture

Image result for bard

why do the new frames HAVE to be something complex and out of the box? just look at the older ones: frost, ash, ember, mag....all very easy and simple names for simple warframes 

this is a music frame, so a simple music-y name is perfect for it, unlike some foreign name for a god with the same theme or the foreign word for it's theme in english >.>