The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

32 minutes ago, shadrad said:

So yes, there is plenty of real cultural precedent to a bard accompanying warriors to the field and playing music during a fight

This. Most RPGs have a variation of the Bard Class in them, so why wouldn't Warframe have one as well?

Another day, another thread of users jumping into conclusions based off of little information we have that is likely to change.
Or as one individual I saw call it once i.e "a nontoversy" which I found a bit funny.

36 minutes ago, shadrad said:

Do you really think a human culture exists without music? The Tenno and the Orokin undoubtedly enjoyed many styles of music just like every culture does. 

The sounds on that sample track are no different than things you hear in corpus tilesets. It's just arranged in a sequencer and pitched. There will be drums, there will be choral voices, there will probably be shamisen and erhu and other industrial sounds of tradition and modern flair because that's what all of Warframe's music has been consistently from the beginning.

Warframe, like all good settings, has a mix of serious and comedic/silly elements. It isn't one or the other and it never has been. If you're unable to suspend disbelief and enjoy the setting, that's your problem. But holy smokes she's not even released yet and people are getting so creative making up things to be upset about.

and something like this even-- bards and musicians have always had a place among combatants, armies, and war. The forms change (drummers,  horns, flutes and bells) but music and dancing is a traditional part of warfare-- solidifying morale among warriors, rhythm for physical movement and increasing heartrate/adrenaline, keeping pace and being connected with your comrades.

So yes, there is plenty of real cultural precedent to a bard accompanying warriors to the field and playing music during a fight

I was mid-way through typing up an entire thing about this until I read yours lol. I'll just quote you instead since you worded it much more savvy than I ever could lol.

At the end of the day, regardless of head-cannon, she will have as much importance as any other Warframe.

And in my honest opinion, I'm really happy they are continuing to be creative and let the teams naturally progress the game into the direction they want. If you want more edgelord / serious Warframes aesthetically speaking, we literally just got Nidus who is fantastic.

And by the by for the OP, they stated in the last Devstream that alot of the sounds are place holders and will be recording much of the sound fonts for this new Warframe, or something along those lines.

I hope that clears that end up a bit since again, making conjectures (along with this entire thread) does not help nor does it really garner decent discussion, at least more times than naught. I totally get your concerns but as others have pointed out, you're basing much of it on little and incomplete information we have about this Warframe.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Except that only a few people would actually use this feature since everyone else is too lazy to come up with their own music.

Unless the only thing you want to hear is John Cena's theme only to be in taiko drums and chants.

Honestly, this music makes as much sense as Warframes coming in shades of Rainbow and over saturated colors.

3 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

A Skrillex pack?!

not a Skrillex fan, but I'd pay for a sequencer of Burn Dem from the Far Cry 3 Soundtrack, made that flamethrower mission the best in the game, hands down.

personally I hope there's some electric or Metal guitar in there, not everybody listens to the mainstream auto-tuned garbage about drugs and women we have these days.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Danilo_Franz said:

"I don't want this bard because (random salt)"

Well, if you like her powers, just don't build a music and use it

If you don't, don't do a music, take him to hydron, lvl to 30 and leave it on your inventory, or just sell him :D

That "Dont like it? Dont buy it" mentality has no place on warframe forums. I didn't even talk about her powers, in fact I think she's gonna be really cool. Nice way to miss the point entirely. 

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Since we're not being serious, let's give her a hip hop music pack along with sirens and "West siiide" emotes...

Might as well add some dabs there and there while we're at it. Oh and add a "bass" pack so you can break people's ears. 

Personally I'm not thrilled about this.  The idea of a bard frame is interesting, but I don't want to hear a million people's ideas of "good music," or whatever annoying tunes and meme sounds they can replicate.  While there may be a mute button, I know I'm going to get crap all over reddit and my friends trying to show me their sickest beats. 

But the worst part

Now the relays are gonna be full of people spamming music and having music competitions alongside fashion frame, pls nerf in next patch.

(why don't we have a fashion runway with vote machines yet but we have a music synthesizer?)

5 minutes ago, Theiyre said:

Personally I'm not thrilled about this.  The idea of a bard frame is interesting, but I don't want to hear a million people's ideas of "good music," or whatever annoying tunes and meme sounds they can replicate.  While there may be a mute button, I know I'm going to get crap all over reddit and my friends trying to show me their sickest beats. 

But the worst part

Now the relays are gonna be full of people spamming music and having music competitions alongside fashion frame, pls nerf in next patch.

(why don't we have a fashion runway with vote machines yet but we have a music synthesizer?)

Maybe that will finally make people go to relays lol

2 minutes ago, Proxy345 said:

Maybe that will finally make people go to relays lol

It's just going to be a mess of people all trying to play over each other and that one guy in the corner spinning in circles and playing darude-sandstorm on the flute

three words... "Cyborg/space/ninjas" 

as others have said, this game is far from a serious game.  the story and quests might have a serious tone, but the fact that i can have an all pink rhino prime  kinda debunks anything on that music being out of place in warframe... my god im gonna make one of my rhino prime's color schemes all pink just to see how it looks XD

11 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

I remember people really criticising Limbo for being too campy and silly in tone, but Bard-frame really pushes it to the next level. The dancing was waaaay too much.

I remember when she was first announced, a lot of people came to her defense saying that Bards can be cool, but  instead she's turning out even more ridiculous than I imagined.

Mmm, the difference between limbo and bard-frame will be that limbo has a acute reputation as a troll.

Bard frame is still up in the air but I BET you people will go for the Meme songs (John Cena on repeat, ect.) and that could ostracize her too. ..

At least limbo might have company?

On the sunny side of things maybe she will be fun, and incredibly useful to her team to the point where people can put up with her playstyle?

im more worried about the fact that new frames are getting much wider mechanics regarding their skills/appereance than old ones, at this rate we will have basic frames that will look like mud puddle compared to those new "sparkly warkly, shiny unicorn milk-kinda-puddle"

So question is, will get start reworking older frames in full or they will be left behind to rot?

24 minutes ago, Date_Terumune said:

im more worried about the fact that new frames are getting much wider mechanics regarding their skills/appereance than old ones, at this rate we will have basic frames that will look like mud puddle compared to those new "sparkly warkly, shiny unicorn milk-kinda-puddle"

So question is, will get start reworking older frames in full or they will be left behind to rot?

Well that is just kind of the natural evolution of the game, as their engine becomes better they can create more complex power sets for newer frames but in a way it kind of works in another way.

You start with the simpler frames then evolve to the more complex frames.

5 minutes ago, Atekron said:

my only concern for now is: when we get this frame?

Well her animations are done from what they have shown, as is her skin.

I think right now they are just working on her powers... And of course the supporting system for the music creation.

Talking about this... those tenno tunes contest is the same. They are just basically EDM with warframe sfx. Nothing warframe feel really.

People will start making out-of-sync or out-of-tune music to annoy teammates when playing public.