The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

10 hours ago, Xekrin said:

You mean like the SWISHSWISHSWISH blades flying everywhere of excaliber? or the constant stomping roar with 20 meter spikes of nidus? Or the blinding spam of miragalor?  What about the waves of annoyance that come off of banshee's quake spam?

Those are not constant. They don't blind the whole screen and they aren't particularly loud. What I heard on the devstream would be massively annoyng, a constant sound barrage. I like game shounds. i HATE MUSIC. I turn off the music in every game i play. I'm NOT listenining to someone blasting whatever music they like in my direction. DE can choose game sounds, I don't want players choosing game sounds. If players chose the sounds for those things you'd hear the most annoying sounds some players could come up with instead. If the bard can choose their music.

You mentioned Limbo Cataclysm, but there are plenty of others.  What frames cause you to just abort now?

Only limbo because it can not be avoided well. No other frame is at all annoying. Limbo gives me headaches ever time he casts on me.

I really hope you aren't basing this complaint on the devstream displaying her powers because 90% of what you saw was placeholder graphics that are completely unpolished and unfinished.

The final result is probably not going to be anywhere near as bad as say, Vaubaun throwing vortexes everywhere with simulors being spammed by a mirage at the same time that frost has a globe that obscured vision of anything outside of it.

of course i am. That's what they showed. If that is a placeholder the realilty is just as likely to be MORE visually annoying as less. We have no idea. So yes, feeback is essential before they finalize that. If it looks like the devstream bards will be unwelcome. if bards can't be muted, they will be unwelcome. Again - players WILL choose the most annoying music they can possibly choose if DE lets them.

in the last devstream it was shown that bard frame uses her powers exactly like vauban throwing deployable discs or balls
I found this extremely disappointing since this kind of ability usually leans towards campy like gameplay which Im not fan at all

also I remember in one of the devstreams hearing like how people didnt like the Idea of deployable abilities with this particular frame and DE was going to address that
what happened?

and yeah I know this is a flavor thing that some people dont care but I would have expected some cool dance like casting animations instead of that bland throw

anyone else having same kind of feelings?

thx for reading :) 

can't wait for her release. . . everyone throw whichever her best skills are down on the ground then go make a sandwich. You know because deployables are fun and interactive and require your full attention. :sandstorm:

35 minutes ago, Twistedsparkle said:

in the last devstream it was shown that bard frame uses her powers exactly like vauban throwing deployable discs or balls
I found this extremely disappointing since this kind of ability usually leans towards campy like gameplay which Im not fan at all

also I remember in one of the devstreams hearing like how people didnt like the Idea of deployable abilities with this particular frame and DE was going to address that
what happened?

and yeah I know this is a flavor thing that some people dont care but I would have expected some cool dance like casting animations instead of that bland throw

anyone else having same kind of feelings?

thx for reading :) 

Remember when Nidus was first showcased and everyone threw S#&$ at him? They called him a worse Inaros, called Ravenous useless amongst other insults. Few days later, every single one of you was praising him. Let's just wait for Bardie :p

I don't mind deployables so much, myself. I mean, you can drop them, forget them and run around shooting stuff. That said, interactivity is minute, they can blind your team-mates and unless the base range is enough it does force camping -which is boring as heck.

There's also the whole 'what if I deploy two instances of the same power' blah-blah.

Best if it all was auras, I think, but hey, I be crazy like that.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Remember when Nidus was first showcased and everyone threw S#&$ at him? They called him a worse Inaros, called Ravenous useless amongst other insults. Few days later, every single one of you was praising him. Let's just wait for Bardie :p

Still dont like nidus. Dont like his design or his skills.. guess im a fan of pressing more keys than 1 over and over

the idea comes from an old story of the Pied Piper, who lead the rats out of a small village into a river by using a magical musical instrument (pipe)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied_Piper_of_Hamelin

as a 4th ability a crowd control ability "piper" to be able to stop enemies from attacking and mesmerize/hypnotize within the musics range and where ever the frame goes they Follow. I hope DE hears me out thanks!

Hello... Well, as everyone is aware, the Bardframe is coming, and with it, the skills will be entirely based on music, right?

So, if so, how am I going to play with this warframe, if I do not even hear (yes, I'm deaf)? LOL

I do not want to splurge or anything, I'm just wondering how I'm going to play THAT Bardframe? XD

38 minutes ago, Giruvegarn said:

Hello... Well, as everyone is aware, the Bardframe is coming, and with it, the skills will be entirely based on music, right?

So, if so, how am I going to play with this warframe, if I do not even hear (yes, I'm deaf)? LOL

I do not want to splurge or anything, I'm just wondering how I'm going to play THAT Bardframe? XD

Once her power mechanics are up on the wiki, have a friend or clanmate find you a build that suits your tastes (buffs, damage, CC, etc). Though you might not hear the music, you can still jam to the beat from seeing the crazy particle effects from all her abilities!

41 minutes ago, Giruvegarn said:

Ay, Beethoven composed while deaf. Don't let that stop you!

In all seriousness though, there will be default music choices, so you shouldn't have to worry too much about making something yourself. And, like Psi said, you can always get help from others in making something that'll work well.

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Once her power mechanics are up on the wiki, have a friend or clanmate find you a build that suits your tastes (buffs, damage, CC, etc). Though you might not hear the music, you can still jam to the beat from seeing the crazy particle effects from all her abilities!

Yeah, that was I was thinking "particle effects"...  Well, I can only hope to launch and see what the bardframe is going to be like.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

Ay, Beethoven composed while deaf. Don't let that stop you!

In all seriousness though, there will be default music choices, so you shouldn't have to worry too much about making something yourself. And, like Psi said, you can always get help from others in making something that'll work well.

:)  I know this...  Thanks anyway!