The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

What we really need is an understanding of the need to respect others. Responsible Tenno knows that his actions can hurt someone else. Responsible Tenno will not paint himself into an acid yellow-green, will not use the Simulor as noise machine, will not deploy a hundreds Vauban's Bastilles to drop the other's FPS to zero, etc. It's an absolute, albeit utopian solution.

Personally I'm going to paint the Bard's energy in a discreet color that will not eat away someone's eyes. I have poor eyesight, and I understand how painful someone's fashionframe can be.
Though the musical part is the hardest one. You can still survive someone's color preferences for a mission or two, but the taste in music - is another matter. I think we really need the volume slider for the bards, so you hear your own music, but will not interfere with others. Maybe such slider will not entirely turn off their sound, but will make it noticeably quieter. You can always switch it on if you're going to play with friends or you're in the mood for listening to someone's creativity. It's better to add that slider straight away than after getting a tons of feedback like "He played disgusting DnB near me for a whole mission! How rude!"

21 hours ago, Goodrich said:

They said it in the devStream, as well as every other thing related to her including PAX Aus that it will have a sequencer to make songs on. I think DS#86 had a preview of the actual work on it currently, and the PAX Aus had a rough idea but that's way different from the current. I'll leave the video segment of it in a spoiler to where they showed it off.

I'm really surprised that topic has become a megathread...

Thanks for quoting, but just look at the dates. I started that topic September, 7, as soon as I learned about the Bard. PAX Aus (and early sequenser demonstration) was November, 5, and then we've got the Devstream #87 and DE showed us the Bard' abilities. I watched that stream, and I was very surprised at how the result was similar to my expectations. Sure not 100%, but nevertheless... I wrote this small post in the early autumn just hoping that'll give DE a good idea. Now I'm feeling as if Christmas has happened to me twice.

19 hours ago, eksby said:

Or, they could just implement something like Mabinogi does where you can mute the instruments of other players. Win/win for everyone.

Pureity mode was the saving grace for the MusicQ update. The bard board on the NA server is just the same 5 songs that someone reposted from someone else and gave no credit.
But yeah, having a specific option for it or at least a volume would help alleviate the initial issues. I can't see people keeping their dumb annoying songs on purpose when they're going to be the one listening to it more than others.

8 hours ago, BlueLTO said:

Upon Looking up "Bard" in Google, search results suggested "Bard of Avon". Is Avona good?

Although, Bard tends to mean Poet, and Bard of Avon is a reference to William Shakespeare. 

Lanier could also work in that regard, but she was a play writer. I'm pretty sure the Bard of Avon was Shakespeares title. Minstrel would be a better fit for her in my personal opinion.

18 hours ago, Twistedsparkle said:

in the last devstream it was shown that bard frame uses her powers exactly like vauban throwing deployable discs or balls
I found this extremely disappointing since this kind of ability usually leans towards campy like gameplay which Im not fan at all

also I remember in one of the devstreams hearing like how people didnt like the Idea of deployable abilities with this particular frame and DE was going to address that
what happened?

and yeah I know this is a flavor thing that some people dont care but I would have expected some cool dance like casting animations instead of that bland throw

anyone else having same kind of feelings?

thx for reading :) 

Yep, basically what I said already a month ago.

I have hoped for a mixture of Sona from LoL, Lucio from Overwatch and the Bard from Dragon Age Inquisition.

Edited by KaeseSchnitte

"I'm a lost child who was forced into an experimental space ship to become a soldier... Which developed strange powers. Now, I seek balance in the solar system. I fight hundreds of Grineer, Corpus and Infested. I bath in their blood and I scream for the pain we all endured in the past... Just to avoid it to become the truth of another generation. 

- So... What's your power ?

- I dance. And I summon giant pink energy waves on a disco music. That's awesome m8"

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:13 PM, Imaru said:

Oh god please no. I know I'll never hear it because platforms but why would you subject people to that agony. 

but it IS possible.... you just have to pick which section of it and actually know how to use the step sequencer correctly

I also hope they offer options to hear ONLY Your Music, All Music, or NO music. I hope they add check box options in settings. I'd hate to make awesome music...but have to have "music sound" on to hear it. I usually listen to Pandora...so music is usually off...even worse, if I need to have music sound on to hear it, but everyone else also is on bard then it sounds like spam sound city...ears bleed

47 minutes ago, Taelayah said:

I just hope she is a DPS/Dmg frame and not some generic run-of-the-mill Supprt/Buffer class like every bard in every other game...come on DE, let be original now

Yes, make it cause havoc and genocide via the means of artistic warfare! 

No one will ever survive our music tastes!

Edited by Teloch

Aria sounds nice but from what we seen so far i sounds not fitting honestly, i mean "Bard" not even fits since its more DJ like from the music menu she has and techno like with the abilitys.

Still whould Aria as name thou maybe atleast for another frame in the future.

Aslong she is not Dubstep and names Skrillex i guess everything else is fine atleast. xD