The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

On 29/10/2016 at 8:04 AM, mobilehacker said:

Not many supports? Seriously? Equinox, Banshee, Frost, Limbo, Titania, Nova, Nyx, Zephyr. What Warframe lacks, is dedicated buffers.

Not even one of those are support . Only support in game is trinity and maybe oberon .

Edited by Yagamilight123

I'm partial to Sarabande, though that's a baroque dance rather than anything particularly bardic.

The funny thing about Forte, is that a bunch of those music dynamics terms work fairly well as names.  Forte means loud, Piano means soft (though I tend to shy away from basic nouns as names), Mezzo means half (can be applied to Piano or Forte to mean moderately soft or loud, I just like the word mezzo),  Crescendo means getting louder over time, etc.  And then you get to musical articulation, with Staccato (a short note), Tenuto (holding the note longer), Legato (notes played smoothly together), Marcato (a bit played slightly louder).  Other than feeling masculine what with the ending in "-o" those pretty much all work.

Of these and the ones previously suggested, I'd like to see any of Chord, Aria, Forte, Mezzo, Staccato, or Legato.

11 hours ago, dragonfuryattack said:
So I was curious as the "Bard" frame that DE showed on devstream 82 had no name so I decided to research a name that would sound fitting for him. I took a look at the names of current warframes and they either reference a mythological being (e.g. titania, atlas) or reference their fighting style (e.g. ember = fire, excalibur = sword spam) so I decided to make a compromise by translating the word 'bard' into Greek, Romanian and Latin; the three major civilizations of old that have helped to develop english (excluding Greek as Greece is still a country but I did it anyways as lots of warframes had greek names) and I got...

βάρδος  (pronounced: bard) for Greek,

Bard (pronounced: bard) for Romanian, (lol)

and Vetis (pronounced: veh-tis) for Latin, and guess which one I though was best...

Vetis duh all the others are pronounced bard and in Romanian it litterally is the same word, BARD. Also the reason I didnt use the name of a mythological being is that I cant think of a bard god and a bard is a profession, not a position of fantasy. (e.g. fairy queen = Titania)

So I come to a conclusion that the best name for "Bard" frame is: Vetis

Image result for bard warframe picture

Well, I personally would love to have the frame named Apollo if it were male (the Greek Sun god was also musically inclined) and is one that could be called a bard from time to time... Though he is also god of light and the sun, truth and prophecy, healing, plague, poetry, and basically a General "God"  and not Goddess.  This is a female frame.

Though if we are to continue to think Greek...  How about the Muses?  I wouldn't mind the bard frame being called:  Muse

Just a quick link for everyone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse

4 hours ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

I felt the need to collect all (serious) name suggestions in one post, so that we - I - do not lose track of them.

I personally would also like the name "Aria", since I do believe it's going to be a female.

Oh! I like that one actually! (:

And thank you for compiling the list btw! That made it easier for me to see what I missed since last night lol~

i guess it should be a support but i hope they do it in a way that is fun to play. i love having a trin on the team but F*** having to play here. the rest can do anything while i just give them some energy. maybe take some hints from lusio, also support but very capable himself.

Another name for bard is Minstrel....

Calliope, Clio, Erato, Euterpe, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Thalia, Terpsichore, Urania the muses.

Apollo in greek is the god of music

Hindu-Saraswati

Norse- Bragi

Pan from the greek was the god of revelry and partying, music was part of the usual make up.

pan is depicted playing the pipes often in various symbolic representations.

Ogma(Irish)
Bran(Welsh)
Vainamoinen(Finnish)
Veles(Slavic)

Siren, said to sing a beautiful song to lure men to their deaths.

Edited by Babellon

If they plan on keeping this new frame as a girl, DE will most likely pull a name close to celtic culture like they did with Oberon and Titania. If that is the case, then it might be Cerridwen.

Cerridwen is the celtic goddess of moon, magic, agriculture, nature, poetry language, music, art, science and astrology. There are variations to this name which includes but not limited to Ceridwen, Caridwen, Kerritwen, Keridwen and Kyrridwen.

Music, art, science and astrology sounds like a very good connection for a space bard ninja frame.

This is a small rant that might end up in off topics, but here we go.

It upsets me to see that DE listens to tiny concerns, and I just don't get it, what's wrong with it? I kinda liked the original color scheme but hey, the minorities that barely did good to the game decided to be concerned about her colors so there you go, you changed it because of their tiny complaints.

You might as well change Chroma's colors because Valkyr has nearly the same colors and that both are tanky which is probably the same reason why you did this to the upcoming warframe. Same themes but similar colors are a no-no.

Point is DE spends too much time listening to minorities' barely fundamental complaints. (In my opinion. pls dont hurt me mods).

Edited by heskaroid

let me get this straight... in your word, it should be that whenever a complaint is voiced, a tiny machine in each of DE's brain whirrs and gives it a score from 0 to 100 based on importance, then they proceed to take the higher scored complaints and only address those with a high enough "importance" score.

it doesn't work like that. each individual employee will address these seemingly mundane complaints sometimes, based on whether those resonate with what they believe as well. perhaps they really did have a hunch on changing the colors, and one such complaint was enough to set it off.

nothing is guaranteed. well, except if the majority is super vocal on something, then they should address it, but even then...

4 hours ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

lol so what do we non founders do in the DC to be blamed?

The process for obtaining new DC members is completely arbitrary and nets a significant amount of undesirables which devalues any input from DC and reduces DC influence to negligible. As of now DC is nothing more than a 12hr sneak peek and is no different that the regular forums or region chats. 

Eh I dont really care about the default colors ON THE WARFRAME as u can simply change it to your liking.. not a big deal. `___` but I have to say it will be cringeworthy every time I open my arsenal to see the "Bardframe" Icon (since the warframe icons copy the default colors) with such eyesore coloration.
I dont mind the colors themselves, just the shades.

Still, their choice to keep it/tweak it/scratch it.
I dont really care whether they keep it since I can change it anyway. (@_@ BUT THE IIIIIIIIIICOOOOOOOON OMG CRINGE)