October 31st Connectivity Issues (All Platforms)

2 minutes ago, metaleiro14 said:

Same here, i lost a last mission from catalist 

I got a lot of things in hand for today and now this network issue. Thought its my network and changed to another service as I always keep a secondary connection active just for Warframe only but then found out its not my problem and Danielle's post popped up :(

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

affinity x2 needs to be extended or repeated next weekend as does the ceres ludi catalyst invasion....

The frequency of these 'attacks' is getting far too common and really something needs to be done at the root of the problem (and I don't just mean the attackers) to reduce this.

No it shouldnt be extended, it shouldnt be an incentive for them to repeat it again just to get more 'extensions' in future.. Even doing double baro was a mistake.. Basically by giving a repeat of something - letting attackers win.. :)

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

The frequency of these 'attacks' is getting far too common and really something needs to be done at the root of the problem (and I don't just mean the attackers) to reduce this.

I'm sure DE are doing their best it's not easy to defend against DDoS attacks.

Just now, MartianJellyfish said:

It's been over a year so I decided to give LoR another try after so many bad experiences with Trials. Got network not responding when we finish stage 2.

I guess some things are just not meant to be...

Dr.-Who.gif

Don't worry buddy, things'll be ok!

sad david is sad

2 minutes ago, Irixa said:

#clueless here, what are "DDoS" attacks?

They're one person (Sometimes more) sending thousands of requests to a server at once through a ton of different IP's normally used for malicious intent and in turn slowing down the servers.

@-domi- Thanks for posting the Wikipedia link :D

Edited by MonsieurBMW
Someone answered the question with a link
1 minute ago, PPPokeHerFace said:

Wait what? the servers are down for like 20 minutes and people are asking to extend the affinity booster? In Holland we got this saying "Never look a given horse in the mouth" i think it is rude 

It wouldn't be THAT bad to slap on another hour or so.. We're already at about 30 minutes offline. And let's not forget personally bought boosters which are also ticking down as we type these lines here.

Just now, Irixa said:

#clueless here, what are "DDoS" attacks?

Here, have a wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Essentially someone found a loophole and decided to flood the servers through it. All DE has to do is find it and plug it. Sounds simpler in theory than it is in practice.

Edited by DarkBabylon