The Second Stream Podcast: Endless Relics, Fortress Assault, Enemy Armor, & More

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream  

886 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in playing longer endless Fissure missions when they'll allow additional Relic unlocks and Trace?

• Yes - I'll play them longer for more Trace and unlocks.
    • No - I'll leave after the first unlock.
    • Other (post an explanation below)
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. Fortress Assault will be a longer mission type. How long would you like it to take for you to complete?

• 5-10 minutes
    • 10-15 minutes
    • 15-20 minutes
    • 20+ minutes
  3. 3. Which quests do you want to replay the most? (can select more than one)

• Vor's Prize
    • Once Awake
    • Stolen Dreams
    • The Archwing
    • Howl of the Kubrow
    • The Limbo Theorem
    • Hidden Messages
    • Patient Zero
    • The New Strange
    • Natah
    • The Jordas Precept
    • The Second Dream
    • Sands of Inaros
  4. 4. How often do you use Corrosive Projection instead of other Aura mods?

• Almost always/Always.
    • Frequently.
    • Often.
    • Sometimes.
    • Rarely.
    • Almost Never/Never.
  5. 5. What do you think of Nightmare Mode missions being available once every 8 hours?

• Too long - make them more frequent.
    • Fine - 8 hours is a good amount of time.
    • Too short - make them less frequent.
    • Other (post an explanation below)

This poll is closed to new votes

generally im pretty happy with the ideas that were thrown out here. was caught off guard when the CP question popped up, but i use it if i have to, otherwise i just stick with ES, ST, or whatever is in my build. also, i misclicked and unclick Jordas Precept mission replay, i would love to replay them all

Oh well, you gotta stay busy... *listening*

Which quests do you want to replay the most? (can select more than one)

Basically All Quest

What do you think of Nightmare Mode missions being available once every 8 hours?

Too long, it can be shortened, also, we should have it showing up on the UI part like other alerts.

:community: 

Ad 1. Well I'd say I want endless missions back, but burning through more than 1 relic is not making me happy, cause I have pretty bad RNG for farming them. More often I'll get mods or credits at excavation...
On survivals and Defence I very rarely get any Relics... so y'know...

I propose - still uses 1 relic and rerolls the loot every "turn".

You will keep the loot droped in each turn and can select which Tenno loot list you want to grab at the end (easier than selecting reward each turn - and a downside to my idea, intentional downside).

What I propose:

Change the requirements needed for each turn:

1. 1st turn - 10 Void traces , 3 minutes of gameplay / 3 rounds

2. 2nd turn - 30 Void traces , + 6 minuts of gameplay / 6 rounds (total of 9 minutes ingame)

3. 3rd turn - 50 Void Traces , + 9 minutes of gameplay / 9 rounds (total of 18 minutes ingame)

BONUS - if you don't get enough VT in current turn it resets to 0 and you get nothing from that turn.

and so on. So in order to not reward players too much the VT requirement and Time / Round requirement to enter new turn will be upped each time. Yes this is intentional to kind of not reward players with too many prime stuff.

For the endless i would like to try it first but some tenno are angry at the current idea.

Here is some ideas

1- Allow us to use 1 relic for 4 rotation so A,A,B,C with the same relic

2- Allow us to use only 1 intact relic and for the 4 next rotation ( A,A,B,C ) and trought the rotation the relic upgrade to Exceptional(second A ) -> Flawless ( B ) -> Radiant (C) of course the first rotation being the intact tier.

Those 2 allow tenno to use 1 relic to get 4 drops

Honestly thats pure speculation because the void traces drop and the system has not been released yet.

1. not interested in long repetitive grind

2. preferably 5-10, hopefully with significant randomized/surprise factors, without defense/timer-gate objectives to drag it out.

3. Sands of Inaros, because of Wild Kavats ~  ~

4. a few times/ almost never. I wish actions matter more than mere numbers

5. too long but at least it added diversity to mods acquisition

For 1 I put other. The explanation I want to give is that I miss being able to use one key for multiple rewards when I want to ducat farm. Using one relic (key) per reward still ultimately defeats the purpose for me. If it's 1 relic per reward anyway, then it doesn't feel like there's a reason to implement endless mission types, though I can see why from a convenience standpoint so you don't have to keep finishing and starting new missions.

Is there a transcript? I'd like to read what was discussed. Recorded audio isn't all that accessible for everyone :)

1. Are you interested in playing longer endless Fissure missions when they'll allow additional Relic unlocks and Trace?

Possibly. I'm going to wait and see how it affects the drop table for the mission itself. If it's feasible to be relatively relic-neutral (that is, get an equal or nearly equal number of relics back out as a I put in), then I may well run some of these. Otherwise no - endless missions themselves aren't terribly interesting for me (I prefer having concrete mission objectives, and get bored jumping around the same map over and over).

2. Fortress Assault will be a longer mission type. How long would you like it to take for you to complete?

If it takes more than ten minutes, I'm probably not going to be happy; if it takes more than twenty, I'm unlikely to play it at all. I'm a big fan of most spy missions, for instance, because I can get them done in about five minutes. I do not like having to commit a significant chunk of time to a game - that was tolerable when I was younger, but those days are gone :). With no way to save progress (given the online nature of Warframe), short discrete missions are the name of the game for me.

3. Which quests do you want to replay the most? (can select more than one)

You know what I want to replay? A Man of Few Words. It's fun, it's on good tiles, the writing and voice acting are engaging, and there are no onerous requirements. The weekly mission is nice, but it's also the least interesting part of the whole quest line.

4. How often do you use Corrosive Projection instead of other Aura mods?

I almost never feel the need to run CP. I do so for LoR if my clanmates can't manage it for whatever reason, but for regular missions (even sorties) I mostly skip it. I think the only time I regretted this was a level 100 Vay Hek assassionation with Enhanced Enemy Armor.

5. What do you think of Nightmare Mode missions being available once every 8 hours?

I'm not terribly fussed about this. I'm much more interested in getting the Nightmare missions listed in a tab, instead of having to hunt them down on the star chart. I'm extremely perplexed about why things are setup like this right now.

Edited by pauli133

Quests: the ones with heavy lore implications , Archwing , and the one with the weapon I sold before knowing the quest was the only way to get it. 

CP, I rarely use it . Consider it a bandaid for broken armor scaling and boring mechanics , or lack of any actual mechanics besides making damage be smaller numbers. An armor rework would be interesting . Probably a damage 3.0 thing 

Endless looks ok. But what about just getting traces straight from the Void tilesets? 

Nightmare : when will other frame passives besides zephyrs be added as nightmare conditions ? 

I would like to address questions 1 and 2 in a reply as the answers do not fit for me:

1. Are you interested in playing longer endless Fissure missions when they'll allow additional Relic unlocks and Trace?

If odds can be skewed towards rarer rewards, it would be great, maybe not by too much, and with a cap of course. Regardless the answer is still Yes.

2. Fortress Assault will be a longer mission type. How long would you like it to take for you to complete?

The answer would be, as long as you can fill it with good, fun and engaging content, I do not care how long would it take. In my opinion an entire campaign if you wish. The importance is not the quantity for me, it is the quality.

3. Which quests do you want to replay the most? (can select more than one)

All story driven ones, from Vor's Prize up to Second Dream. Anything else (i.e. Limbo Theorem, Hidden Messages, Howl of the Kubrow) are not as epic and/or interesting, as these quests really feel like they are purely there for me to get the Reward and be done, not much else.

4. How often do you use Corrosive Projection instead of other Aura mods?

Rarely, but when sorties are up, or Law of Retribution, I'd equip the mod. My play style is more fluent and adapting to situations, rather than absolute power, and it just so happens Corrosive Projection is not what I need most of the time.

5. What do you think of Nightmare Mode missions being available once every 8 hours?

No biggy, I think it is fine as it is.

Edited by DarkBabylon
screw it, I am just gonna answer in detail to all questions

The thing with the CP is not that people like to use it or not, we are forced to do it because most of the times when people host raids or anything they force you to pick CP over any other aura of your preference.... And since auras give more capacity, you are forced to forma the Aura slot also which then blocks access to some other aura mods that got different polarity from the one you got on your aura slot. 

Edited by PrimeDCookieMonstah

What's the point of going longer if you can get out at 5min/waves and repeat it to avoid harder enemies?
IF it offered higher chance of dropping rare gear I would be interested into going longer than 5min/waves. Lets say every 5min/waves you get 1% bonus chance for the rare drop.
That way we would have to think of tactics what relics to use when and would give us a reason to try 40min+
This sounds fun and challenging.

When it comes to the 'endless' void the system coming in is much better then the current solution, but it doesn't solve the real issue and overall leaves it in the same spot. What I wanted from an endless system was something long and fun BUT also efficient, turning 1 void key into 10 prime parts for example. This gives you the long part, but when i can blitz through a spy, exterminate, capture, etc etc in just a few minutes this system becomes AWFUL for efficient prime farming. Why do 20 waves spending at least 20 minutes to open 4 relics when i could just grab ember or saryn and run through much faster missions? Being generous we will say that you can clear 1 wave in 1 minute consistently, that's 5 minutes for 1 relic, yet a capture with some luck can be done in less time and less work. This system flows better for opening things but there just isn't a reason to do these long missions sadly. When i look to do a 1-3 hour mission run i want to get stuff from it, not crafting resources since i have MORE then enough and more then i am likely to ever need again. With the close of the void as the source of prime part endless missions never went anywhere, what disappeared was ANY incentive to do them, players more often then not want their time spent to actually give them some progress, even if its just more ducats, but why spend an hour or more doing this multi-wave relic system when i can open the same amount in half the time with other mission types.

Now about the Nightmare Mode. Even though i only started playing in February and have taken a few months off since then i have completed 90%+ of the game so i have zero reason to run the nightmare things anymore so i don't really care what the timer is. With that said i do think that 8 hours is a bit long.

*Edit* I forgot about Corrosive Projection. I run it almost always outside of frames that i run with Steel Charge. Because of the ludicrous armor scaling in this game you don't even have to be very high level for armor to become an annoyance so CP is just too powerful in most cases, at least in a full group. If i am not running CP you can guarantee i'm running SOMETHING to strip armor, Corrosive/Blast Tigris Prime for example. There are a lot of interesting auras but outside of Steel Charge the only aura i use other then CP is Energy Siphon, if the folks at DE have somehow not seen Brozime's video about armor scaling then PLEASE watch it because it really is a problem.

Edited by Tailion
Added a bit about Corrosive Projection

If I'm going to get 6 traces per five waves/minutes, then what's the point of staying longer? I'm just throwing 6 out there because that's what I ALWAYS SEEM TO GET and it's quite frustrating to see. It would still be far more effective to run capture or exterminate missions for what you need, be it traces or parts. Even if we have endless fissure missions, there's still no time scaling rewards that give us proper incentive to stay any longer.

Edited by TheGuyverOne

What's the point of doing a Survival/Defence/interception/excavation as they take roughly 5 min to complete. While exterminates and captures only take 2/3 min to complete? People will only ever do things the most efficient way possible.

Also people will relic leech with the proposed relic system, 20 seconds to select a relic is enough time for people to swap relics, and people won't back out if they are 20min in and have something they want to keep.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e said:

People will only ever do things the most efficient way possible.

In the current system I actually prefer the 5 minutes of an endless mode because no matter what I'm doing I want to be having fun and hanging out with meta gameplay removing squads is not fun.