Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Passives Suggestions

(PSN)LoisGordils

Rhino: 50% of his Armor applies to his Shield

Limbo: Slide attacks leave a one-time-use Rift portal that lasts eight seconds

Nyx: Any attacks done by Nyx have a 15% chance of proccing Confusion on an enemy

Chroma: Chroma gains 10% bonus elemental damage to all weapons based on his chosen element 

Loki: Decreased detection radius. Originally 15m, now it will be 10m

Hydroid: Gains 25% resistance to physical damage and physical status effects (you can't cut water, pierce it or stagger it)

2 hours ago, Insizer said:
  • Nyx doesn't need more ways to deal glorified radiation procs, she already has enough.
  • A better passive for Limbo would be temporary bonus damage upon exiting the Rift or something.

I redid Nyx's passive. She is now immune to friendly fire (both from Radiation procs and Nightmare mode) and nearby allies also gain this benefit due to Nyx keeping their minds stable

No. Limbo's current passive and your suggested one use Energy. Both are not passives, but a perk of his skills.

7 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

The passive is not tied to Redirection

I did not mention Redirection. I understand your idea is to affect shields before mods that affect them are installed.

Adding 50% of armor rating to shields means you're inclined to stack Rhino's armor to squeeze as much out if the passive as possible but considering Iron Skin is affected by your armor rating as well, you would be better off building toward Iron Skin and ignoring shields altogether. Even a negative power strength Iron Skin gives you more ehp than shields do. You just need to push a button occassionally.

7 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I redid Nyx's passive. She is now immune to friendly fire (both from Radiation procs and Nightmare mode) and nearby allies also gain this benefit due to Nyx keeping their minds stable

No. Limbo's current passive and your suggested one use Energy. Both are not passives, but a perk of his skills.

• I still see the 15% procing passive in your original post, and your redo hasn't been mentioned at any point since your original post. So there was no way I could tell you redid your post.
  • As for your new new passive for Nyx... I like the idea of mind stability as an aura, but not so sure about making it get rid of friendly fire and radiation procs... the connection seems a bit weak in my opinion, the same goes with radiation causing friendly fire in the first place. What about making the mind stability aura increase power efficiency? Yes, I'm aware that this could be OP, I'm just throwing it out there.
  • Your point about Limbo?
    • Chroma's requires you to use abilities in order for him to make use of his passive.
    • Limbo can generate his own energy
    • I see nothing wrong with a passive buffing abilities, it is actually a fairly common thing in games. Look at Smite for example.
    • Your Limbo one you listed in the first post would be obstructive, creating a portal every time you spin attacked. At least my Limbo passive would serve some purpose by adding more offensive capability, which he severely lacks, to his kit.
  • Also, 25% damage ignore on Hydroid might be a bit too much. 10% would be ok.
Edited by Insizer

7 minutes ago, Insizer said:
  • I still see the 15% procing passive in your original post, and your redo hasn't been mentioned at any point since your original post. So there was no way I could tell you redid your post.
  • Your point about Limbo?
    • Chroma's requires you to use abilities in order for him to make use of his passive.
    • Limbo can generate his own energy
    • I see nothing wrong with a passive buffing abilities, it is actually a fairly common thing in games. Look at Smite for example.
    • Your Limbo one you listed in the first post would be obstructive, creating a portal every time you spin attacked. At least my Limbo passive would serve some purpose by adding more offensive capability, which he severely lacks, to his kit.

Chroma's passive is a passive 10% elemental bonus to all attacks based on chosen element that is passively always present. Passive. No energy required. Just the color

2 hours ago, (PS4)redman74 said:

I did not mention Redirection. I understand your idea is to affect shields before mods that affect them are installed.

Adding 50% of armor rating to shields means you're inclined to stack Rhino's armor to squeeze as much out if the passive as possible but considering Iron Skin is affected by your armor rating as well, you would be better off building toward Iron Skin and ignoring shields altogether. Even a negative power strength Iron Skin gives you more ehp than shields do. You just need to push a button occassionally.

What I meant to say was, his Shields have damage mitigation equivalent to 50% of Rhino's current Armor

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

1 minute ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Chroma's passive is a passive 10% elemental bonus to all attacks based on chosen element. No energy required. Just the color

Dang, you just commented on my post as I was editing it.

And, yeah I forgot about your chroma edit. sorry bout that.

Edited by Insizer

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:20 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Rhino: 50% of his Armor applies to his Shield

Limbo: Slide attacks leave a one-time-use Rift portal that lasts eight seconds

Nyx: Any attacks done by Nyx have a 15% chance of proccing Confusion on an enemy

Chroma: Chroma gains 10% bonus elemental damage to all weapons based on his chosen element 

Loki: Decreased detection radius. Originally 15m, now it will be 10m

Hydroid: Gains 25% resistance to physical damage and physical status effects (you can't cut water, pierce it or stagger it)

Rhino suggestion is more a problem with shields as a whole, and should be addressed as such, rather than just giving rhino a minor fix.

Limbo suggestion would do little to nothing for limbo himself, and would do nothing to help his teammates, who are trying to work around his odd dividing up of the battlefield.

Nyx suggestion is meh, okay.

Chroma suggestion is power-creepy and not great in terms of fitting themes.

Loki suggestion is meh at best, seeing as how he is usually in-freaking-visible.

Hydroid suggestion....you do realize that most units do physical damage, right? Grineer bullets, some corpus lasers, infested claw attacks, they all to primarily physical damage. You want to give him 25% resistance to most enemy fire? He's not really a tank you know....