Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recurring Dreams + Hotfix 1

[DE]Megan

NOOOO!  Friendly fire mode was so much fun!  It was hard and required skill and careful execution.  I'm gonna go drown my sorrows now....

5 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

Yes it's all fun till someone takes you out on purpose just because they enjoy doing it

To which my bleed-out-fueled lex prime is an appropriate response...  They can shoot me all they want.  But, I'll make damn sure they fail the mission if they think they're gonna troll me.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

and there we have a perfect reason why FF was a bad idea

Get some friends dude.  Take it a little less seriously.  It's fun to have the challenge of restricted ability usage with collateral damage.  Stop crying. Not all nightmare missions had friendly fire...  Go do one of the many others if you don't like it.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

Get some friends dude.  Take it a little less seriously.  It's fun to have the challenge of restricted ability usage with collateral damage.  Stop crying. Not all nightmare missions had friendly fire...  Go do one of the many others if you don't like it.

Your missing my point, I'm not talking about if I like it or not, I'm talking about how the mechanic can be detrimental to the game community and team play. Your response about if he kills me i'll kill him or go play solo is what I'm talking about, that's the kind of attitude that erodes team play over time trust me I know:)

The only real problem I saw with friendly fire mode was inconsistency in the coding between various abilities.  Some aoe abilities affected everyone fully, some partially, some not at all.  Some targeted abilities didn't work at all on allies, while others did.  As far as I can tell, DE has scrapped FF simply because they're lazy coders and this is actually a big project and less so because a handful of people are getting but hurt when they can't WoF through a whole mission in under a minute.

- Hikou Prime throwing stars don't play the animation for throwing and reloading. After a few shots the arms just freeze in place and the stars just spawn in front of the warframe without it actually moving. This might be the case for other weapons as well, but so far I've only seen animations missing in Hikou Prime.

- After replaying the Second Dream Quest I noticed that the button for its entry in the Codex now says "Begin" rather than "Replay", and the Diorama depicts the Stalker surrounded by Sentients rather than Lotus and the Operator in the Somatic Link room. Pls fix.

- During the Second Dream quest replay, some voice lines come in delayed or are missing entirely, such as Alad V's initial exclamation when you first see the Moon inside the Void.

- Also during the final sequence of the Second Dream Quest, as the Warframe is carrying the Operator to the back of the ship, none of my noggles, statues and decorations showed up, and the cubes in the Foundry and the flower of the Somatic Link room were default blue instead of my chosen energy colour (which was green)

Other than that I must say my replay of the quest went surprisingly smoothly. I was pleasantly surprised by the relative lack of bugs, and how the Operator's customizations showed up at the final conversation

I dont know if it was intended to be able to replay it over and over again or not but apparently you can only replay it once. after that the option to begin the quest again is there but it wont actally give u the location and login out and back in or changing quest doesnt seem to be working.

14 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

Your missing my point, I'm not talking about if I like it or not, I'm talking about how the mechanic can be detrimental to the game community and team play. Your response about if he kills me i'll kill him or go play solo is what I'm talking about, that's the kind of attitude that erodes team play over time trust me I know:)

I understand exactly what you're saying and you're flat out wrong.  If anything, the mechanic forges stronger team play when players are forced to consider the safety of their allies before every action they take.  Something as simple as bullet jumping with an aoe mobility mod equipped can down an ally.  It fosters stronger situational awareness and conscientious consideration of the people you're with when you know you can't win the mission alone and can't afford to lose your teammates.  Most players blindly plow through missions with no consideration for their surroundings and just want to see how high they can get their damage percentage in the mission summary.  Friendly fire changes that dynamic to prioritize mission success above all else, with world-ending cataclysmic powers being simply a perk that can be used in very carefully setup windows of opportunity.

It's the same reason so many players hate limbo.  He has the capacity to get people killed and fail missions very easily if he's used maliciously.  He's easily the strongest troll in the game and using him well requires a lot of strategic planning and careful consideration of way more than "how fast are things around me dying?".

Edited by Guest

DAFUQ on removing friendly fire from NIGHTMARE mode?

i have no words for this Change honestly. finally ,something new and interesting for the vets to have tactical fun with ( we havent had this much fun in a while ) and POOF. gone.

veterans Need love to.

everything else is great tho. replayable quests. yay. i guess.

6 minutes ago, Cephalon_Jizo said:

DAFUQ on removing friendly fire from NIGHTMARE mode?

i have no words for this Change honestly. finally ,something new and interesting for the vets to have tactical fun with ( we havent had this much fun in a while ) and POOF. gone.

veterans Need love to.

everything else is great tho. replayable quests. yay. i guess.

My thoughts exactly.  I honestly enjoyed friendly fire missions way more than i did the second dream...