Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaxion and the State of Beam Weaponry

Dracario

3 hours ago, Dracario said:

damage should apply every 100ms regardless, the 300ms only reduces DPS which then encourages semi-automatic triggers but that works against Beam weapons thematically as they're supposed to be continuous in nature. the 300ms causes beams to drop off at lvl 50<

Exactly. It should be reverted to the previous state. 

On 11/6/2016 at 9:31 PM, LuckyCharm said:

Just gonna throw this out there... when they buff weapons.. if an enemy uses it that enemy gets the buff too.... It was shown with the ignis. 

Now.... just imagine the op flux rifles on those corpus crewmen....I already get my hp shredded by em..

That's not at all how it works. Current weapons examples are the Ogris (They get the Homing version), Ignis (Scorches and Kavat Masters get different ones than the ones that we have), and Vulkar (Grineer snipers have a laser sight, charge up their shots, and make a distinct sound).

Just now, LuckyCharm said:

uhh no they don't? DE had to nerf them when the ignis changes came about because they got them too. It was in the patch notes

Kavat masters can shoot out firballs that leave behind flamming patches of scorched earth and the current Ignis that we have has like 20m range with a stupid amount of punch through. Scorches although they are currently bugged to where they can fire in 360 degrees and through walls in Derelicts but outside of that have a much lower range and don't have punch through.

1 hour ago, RealPandemonium said:

I use my Glaxion to melt level 100 Grineer bosses in Sorties.  

Slightly buff damage per round and fire rate and we're set, IMO.  

Fire rate means nothing on beam weapons, in this case it just eats more ammo for Galaxion, it ticks only when 20 rounds are consumed and that just keeps getting worse for how beam weapons work in general

8 minutes ago, Dracario said:

Fire rate means nothing on beam weapons, in this case it just eats more ammo for Galaxion, it ticks only when 20 rounds are consumed and that just keeps getting worse for how beam weapons work in general

It will tick at any amount of ammo consumption; the ticks are just limited per second.  Increasing the damage is self explanatory, while increasing the fire rate increases its DPS at the cost of requiring more user control to waste less ammo on each target.  Maybe increase mag capacity to 350 and status chance to 40% to offset the increased ammo consumption, but this change would place it further in its niche as a hard-to-control, but powerful beam weapon.  Adding a practical effect (however small) to its cosmetic effect would also be a draw.

25 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

It will tick at any amount of ammo consumption; the ticks are just limited per second.  Increasing the damage is self explanatory, while increasing the fire rate increases its DPS at the cost of requiring more user control to waste less ammo on each target.  Maybe increase mag capacity to 350 and status chance to 40% to offset the increased ammo consumption, but this change would place it further in its niche as a hard-to-control, but powerful beam weapon.  Adding a practical effect (however small) to its cosmetic effect would also be a draw.

The damage tick seems rather what causes majority of beam weapons to fall off, not just the Glaxion. Beam weapon time to kill is a really bad mechanic in a fast paced game like warframe. Beam weapons vary in damage ticks from 100ms to every 20 shots fired; some enemies need more concentrated fire to even kill them which may take a mag or two when it comes to heavies, I propose that beam weapon mechanics get an overhaul

I dusted off my Glaxion too, and I'm really upset by it. It's one of my favourite weapons but it's so hard to use between the unholy beam wobble and the ammo consumption. Considering that the damage is stat-wise somewhat similar to the Ignis (~half damage, yet double fire rate and magazine size) it really underperforms. If we can have a vanilla Quanta that does good damage with a good tick rate, low ammo consumption and is dead accurate, I don't see why the Glaxion must be doomed to be inaccurate, ammo hungry and unreliable.

DE, please give the Glaxion a buff. Just put it on a similar tier to the Ignis, but trading off AoE damage and punch through for its higher status chance and accuracy. Plus that snowflake skin would be really nice to dress it up with.