Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for Endless Void Fissures

djternan

Let me start off by talking about the current state of void fissures from my point of view.  When I decide to run fissures for any prime parts the first thing I do is see if there are any exterminate or capture missions available.  These feel like the best prime parts per time and effort spent.  I can just pick any frame or weapon that excels at mass killing of trash mobs and walk through the mission in 2 minutes for my reward.  I like exterminates especially because of how much reactant drops.  I don't feel like I have to search obscure corners of the map because that one guy in the squad wandered off somewhere to be alone and all the void fissures spawned on him.  I'll run survival if neither of those are available because it's usually only 5 minutes.  Sabotage is also alright but not preferred.  I avoid spy missions entirely because I don't like running those with other people and I like the chances of getting uncommon or better with multiple people.  I also avoid mobile defense because it takes too long.  I can't remember seeing defense missions as fissures but I'm assuming it's possible.  I still wouldn't run this because of the time it takes to complete.  What I'm getting at here is that finding reactant is tedious and fissures encourage speed-running of low level missions.

I read somewhere that it was proposed that players be allowed to select another relic every loot rotation to continue playing endless missions and also earn extra void traces the longer you stay in a mission.  That's a step in the right direction but it doesn't really give what I assume most people want out of endless missions: more than one piece of loot per relic used (or more than one chance at that rare drop per relic).

Ideally, we'd be able to just get multiple pieces of loot per relic like we used to but I get the feeling that that isn't going to happen so I have another suggestion.  What if staying in a mission allowed you to re-roll the loot from that relic? My thoughts are listed below.

1) Get rid of reactant for endless missions and just make fissures more common or spawn fewer but much stronger enemies.  Picking up reactant is pretty tedious and I don't want to have to get 10 every 5 minutes/rounds.  There's also the issue of players not getting 10 reactant at the same time so I'm not sure what would happen if it took one person 7 minutes to get 10.  Let's just get rid of that problem.

2) You select a new relic every loot rotation for the first 4 rotations.  I'm just going to talk about survival for now but it applies to defense or interception as well.  You can leave at any point in the mission and get whatever rewards you choose but the mission changes a little after 20 minutes.

3) When you reach 25 minutes your first relic gets re-rolled for another chance at rarer loot.  It wouldn't overwrite your first set of items, you would just be allowed to choose between them.  This continues with 30 minutes onward where your second relic get re-rolled and so on.  After 40 minutes it starts over again re-rolling the first relic.

4) At the end of the mission you get to choose 1 5 minute item, 1 10 minute item, 1 15 minute item, and 1 20 minute item.  You still only get 1 item per relic but you may get more ducats or rarer items per relic because you get more than 1 chance at that relic's loot table.  The problem with this is how to fit so many items on one screen and allow enough time to choose them all.

Eventually endless enemy scaling would force players out of the mission so they couldn't just reuse the same relic forever until they got rares.  Endless takes longer to run so the tradeoff here would be longer and more challenging missions for chances at rarer loot over speedrunning non-endless missions.  I think this would give a reason to run endless while keeping it balanced with non-endless.

I agree the with the amount of parts per relic issue. It doesn't translate well given that we used to get many parts from one key. Also the amounts of traces you get from each run is still pretty low. I would like to see a more predictable trace system that would reward on average 33 per run because as is its just too erratic. 

31 minutes ago, djternan said:

Ideally, we'd be able to just get multiple pieces of loot per relic like we used to but I get the feeling that that isn't going to happen so I have another suggestion.  What if staying in a mission allowed you to re-roll the loot from that relic? My thoughts are listed below.

sorry to be a parade rainer, but the current system is here to stay with minute changes along the way.

If I remember correctly, when you install the relic segment, Ordis explains what a relic is. Relics are this thin and that thing and those things over there and are never just one thing. But, when exposed to void energy, all the possibilities fade away and when the relic cracks open, you are left with a singular item.

that bit of added lore tells me that one relic=one item after being cracked open and multiple rewards per relic are a no-go anymore. gone are the days of old when 1 key gets you 10 rolls at prime gear (or cores) in favor of the new, (better IMO) system that we have now where 1=1. 

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

sorry to be a parade rainer, but the current system is here to stay with minute changes along the way.

If I remember correctly, when you install the relic segment, Ordis explains what a relic is. Relics are this thin and that thing and those things over there and are never just one thing. But, when exposed to void energy, all the possibilities fade away and when the relic cracks open, you are left with a singular item.

that bit of added lore tells me that one relic=one item after being cracked open and multiple rewards per relic are a no-go anymore. gone are the days of old when 1 key gets you 10 rolls at prime gear (or cores) in favor of the new, (better IMO) system that we have now where 1=1. 

I said in the post that I'm guessing the 1 to 1 reward thing is here to stay.  As much as I'd like the simple multiple items per key thing that we had before I made a different suggestion that I hope makes endless worthwhile while keeping 1 to 1 rewards.

AT THE VERY LEAST, endless fissure should be one relic for every C rotation, meaning that one relic should give you an ABC reward, but even then, there needs to be some sort of reward for staying longer or people will just extract after the first C every time, with good reason.

One possible solution is that every rotation past the initial C could upgrade your relic one additional level instantly and for free. So the first rotation is +0, the next is +1, then +2, then +3, so that eventually all of your relics are automatically radiant. 

Another solution is just reinstate the old system using the relics as keys. The entire point of doing away with the old system was stated to be void fatigue. But if the new system and old system exist side by side then that is no longer and issue, because the people that actually want to do something other than the void to get their items still have that option.