Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XB1 The Index Preview (+Hotfixes)

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, (XB1)GodfreyEvance said:

cant seem to find the preview anywhere

it is not out yet which to me seems to be a silly idea to have a new update called The Index Preview but not actually have the biggest piece of content for another 10 days. Oh well I guess people think this acceptable I will say that I find it unacceptable confused wait james franco wait what the interview

Edited by (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE
added gif

15 hours ago, (XB1)ObsidionshadowX said:

Are we not getting those newer tennogen helms and skins? Was really looking forward to the Wukong helm. ?

look at page one, i have posted rebbecas reply to that very question 

also

noted the performance is slightly better but still getting bad frame drop and performance issues 

Buy the Manduka Hood.

Trade Sancti Magistar for Telos Boltace.

Make a new build for every Sentinel I have.

Well, I might farm Ayatan Scupltures and Stars as well. Other than that, absolutely nothing else to do with this update.

Thanks DE! I'm hyped for Recurring Dreams!

I didn't forget I have even more stuff to scan now.

So when are we going to get "The Within" because this index update could have been addeded on with it, I wish you guys stepped you guys development when it comes to putting the updates on consoles. If you guys know it takes a while to cert then work on console while you guys are working on pc update because as a console player watching those dev stream I fell like you are talking to pc base then the console base. I know some people on here are going to say "then play on pc" I wish I could but DE aren't talking the necessary steps to make that happen if rockstar games if can do it for GTA 5 then it no excuse they can't and know what that say to me as a player they don't care. I feel that DE needs to get their priorities straight when it comes to console base if they still want to have a player base on that platform, if they couldn't handle multi platforms then they need to stick with just pc since this so called "red tape" is holding them back.

1 hour ago, (XB1)MasterGaming234 said:

the fact that gta is developed with a  bigger company with more resources is an orange to apple argument ....you do realize the size of DE right? 

de has a significantly smaller staff, and resource pool, they are working on a lot of projects at once, not to mention R&D of new content , thats a lot of manpower being directed everywhere at once  

the main factor is they have to decide a cutoff point, many players have been raging on the forums and reddit/twitter that  console needed a new update, so they made index the cutoff point and stated that early on when it dropped on PC 

im not sure why your so surprised it was like this last few years even with the second dream .... some updates just come slow in games,  they cost DE a lot of time and money to push so they want it stable before it goes through

not to mention they are trying to get the paperwork done for more console tennogens which is a lot of red tape .....

this year they fixed a lot of q of life stuff many have wanted addressed for years , and released a major quest line and a few minor ones 

its consistent with their process

didnt help that U19 was a bug swarm, and had many problems and leaks in its development 

17 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

the fact that gta is developed with a  bigger company with more resources is an orange to apple argument ....you do realize the size of DE right? 

de has a significantly smaller staff, and resource pool, they are working on a lot of projects at once, not to mention R&D of new content , thats a lot of manpower being directed everywhere at once  

the main factor is they have to decide a cutoff point, many players have been raging on the forums and reddit/twitter that  console needed a new update, so they made index the cutoff point and stated that early on when it dropped on PC 

im not sure why your so surprised it was like this last few years even with the second dream .... some updates just come slow in games,  they cost DE a lot of time and money to push so they want it stable before it goes through

not to mention they are trying to get the paperwork done for more console tennogens which is a lot of red tape .....

this year they fixed a lot of q of life stuff many have wanted addressed for years , and released a major quest line and a few minor ones 

its consistent with their process

didnt help that U19 was a bug swarm, and had many problems and leaks in its development 

Which why i said they should have stuck with pc as their platform for this game since they "don't have the man power" to update all three at he same time whether or not if rockstar is a bigger company is irrelevant.If DE wanted us to be able to more our console account  to the PC platform they could make it happen but they choose not to  even though the console community has been asking for this for  years.

Every since I been playing this game DE has been making bad decision when it comes to the cut off for console such as this index update this could have been added with our warthin in update instead of having us wait for some actual playable content. Partly why I think this updated took so long to come out because orignally "The Within" was supposed to come out months ago,

DE has ADD when start working on one thing they easily get distracted and go work on another thing which leads them to start  delaying certain updates because now they have to find the time to work out all the bugs they created for the multiple projects. As for "The War Within" this prove the point even clearer it was supposed to come out on Friday 7:00 Est but then we get update saying that they are fixing bugs. This your released date everything should be fixed and working properly, so my question is why wasn't all that fixed before the release date?

Oh maybe I know why because working on the infested warframe that no one on in community was asking for  or maybe they working on umbra that was supposed to come out a long time ago or they where thinking up more ways to have us farm for long hours for a certain material in order to get the new weapon I don't I wasn't in DE office planing out their ADD day.

But I will say this its no excuse that console players for this game should wait a long time to get one update  if DE is "under man" as you say then they need to take the money they earn from prime access and the regular purchase of platinum and start hiring some more people for their dev team. Because honestly it feels like if I'm on console tough luck wait for us to port the update to the consoles, then check  for any game breaking bugs then send off to Microsoft or Sony for certification when we could from the beginning work on both at the same time so both the player base can enjoy this awesome thing we created at the same time.

DE can make happen but they have to want to do it. Since they were having all this trouble during the development of U19 then they need to stop hyping stuff up when they know its not at that level yet, they set themselves  up for failure everytime they do this and what is those failures it delays.

As for tennogen  I don't what their exact process for getting it on console, the thing is if they are going to commit to a idea such as that they need to step up their game in order for us to gain a lot of those user base skins.

8 hours ago, (XB1)MasterGaming234 said:

youd criticize rather then try to understand the process ? I frankly wonder at your time spent here if all this seems new?

they sift out majority of the bugs through the pc updates and fine tune it for consoles later , just their process as is throwing up fixes , nothing ever perfect when it drops. 

and its not bad decisions its just what they have ready, they cant ship a buggy update to cert, it wouldn't pass and waste the cash de spent to send it to cert, so id rather see a mostly stable update (minor bugs/hotfix) then something like what happened on pc spotr

their system for adding stuff seems very chaotic and ive even noted on occasion they need a better organized setup, but part of the problem with that and things like umbra is , when they arent telling us everything we think they pull it out of air, when in fact it could have been in setup for months 

the other problem as TWW was supposed to drop I,e besides bugs, was the breach of content via dataminers, this spoiled majority of it and caused them to have to go back, edit and rewrite the script

the point on xb1 and psn getting cert is to make sure the game works in tangent with the consoles other active software and is mostly a automated process done on the platforms end 

also forgetting again DE size and resources again , "they can make it happen if they want to" yes probably ......but whats the economic return ?

your view is that of end consumer, try the small business approach 

thinking short run logic isnt the way to go , and loses potential profits, try reviewing it in long term profit

bundle as many updates and content in a single update reduces cost of minor cert and gains more profit due to releasing more content 

they have done simultaneous release before and it didnt net much profit gain for the trouble ex [wukong+rhino palatine release] 

[tennogen]  they have to setup contracts between

• themselves
  • steam
  • Sony
  • Microsoft
  • the artist

for each piece being placed onto consoles

and then  script to count sales and apply the redirect of fund to appropriate methods

and as for infested warframe...  in 4 years ive constantly seen questions and requests weekly on that very topic , even people designing infested concepts and parasite[typhus?], so its been a demand for some time .... seriously 

46 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

youd criticize rather then try to understand the process ? I frankly wonder at your time spent here if all this seems new?

they sift out majority of the bugs through the pc updates and fine tune it for consoles later , just their process as is throwing up fixes , nothing ever perfect when it drops. 

and its not bad decisions its just what they have ready, they cant ship a buggy update to cert, it wouldn't pass and waste the cash de spent to send it to cert, so id rather see a mostly stable update (minor bugs/hotfix) then something like what happened on pc spotr

their system for adding stuff seems very chaotic and ive even noted on occasion they need a better organized setup, but part of the problem with that and things like umbra is , when they arent telling us everything we think they pull it out of air, when in fact it could have been in setup for months 

the other problem as TWW was supposed to drop I,e besides bugs, was the breach of content via dataminers, this spoiled majority of it and caused them to have to go back, edit and rewrite the script

the point on xb1 and psn getting cert is to make sure the game works in tangent with the consoles other active software and is mostly a automated process done on the platforms end 

also forgetting again DE size and resources again , "they can make it happen if they want to" yes probably ......but whats the economic return ?

thinking short run logic isnt the way to go , and loses potential profits, try reviewing it in long term profit

bundle as many updates and content in a single update reduces cost of minor cert and gains more profit due to releasing more content 

they have done simultaneous release before and it didnt net much profit gain for the trouble ex [wukong+rhino palatine release] 

• themselves
  • steam
  • Sony
  • Microsoft
  • the artist

and then  script to count sales and apply the redirect of fund to appropriate methods

and as for infested warframe...  in 4 years ive constantly seen questions and requests weekly on that very topic , even people designing infested concepts and parasite[typhus?], so its been a demand for some time .... seriously 

Not to mention that they *have* to be working on multiple things at the same time in order to have a steady flow of content, nor that they have multiple teams that need to do things in a specific order (like, for example, the concept artists; they did their part for TWW long before it was released, which is why they've had time to create concept art for other things, like the infested frame).

Edited by (XB1)Boxer2380

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Boxer2380 said:

Not to mention that they *have* to be working on multiple things at the same time in order to have a steady flow of content, nor that they have multiple teams that need to do things in a specific order (like, for example, the concept artists; they did their part for TWW long before it was released, which is why they've had time to create concept art for other things, like the infested frame).

exactly ^

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Boxer2380 said:

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

• themselves
  • steam
  • Sony
  • Microsoft
  • the artist

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Boxer2380 said:

Spoilers of the War Within Quest below:

Spoiler

We waited entire year for this update  whether or not stuff like this get like doesn't justify for them and their time management skills for them fixing bugs on release day when all that should have been iron out weeks beforehand. When loo looking at the story for "The War Within" I'm confused on who my tenno is and why are they here,what does the queen have to with us and how does drinking the red Gatorade make us evil for entire year this was best they come up with story which tells me warframe isn't about the story it's about the grind prime access and infested warframe no one wanted. From my point of view DE needs to make some serious to Their development for consoles in order to keep people on this platform I shouldn't have to wait almost a entire month to get one update for  this game is should get it day just like pc players. Like I said before DE can make this happen they just have to want to do it.