Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A PLEA FOR TENNOGEN SOLUTION FOR PS4/XBOX

(PSN)MrDemigod81

I know you guys are busy, and have so many thing you have to do. I keep hearing "be patient it's coming"; I been watching PC content on youtube warframe players wearing skins and helmets that doesn't exist on console; Is it because of legal concerns, or tennogen content is suppose be EXCLUSIVE for steam only or PC. If that's the case how about giving PS4  there on Tennogen program not linked to STEAM, so we can make are own helmets and VOTE! I just downloaded  "the index" the first thing I went to was tennogen lo' and be whole same CONTENT. Its disheartening to know console seems segregated from PC in some content or the lack of effort to get the same item to console. Yes!! it's true PC is the master race, but don't make Console players fill like they're just peasants to the better platform.  It is stated that they will not deactivate accounts to switch to PC I really wished Warframe wouldn't have this issue I wouldn't have invested in the console version. I wish there was dedicated TEAM\Department at DE for console content ONLY. there has to be AWAY for us console players to catch up with content on PC.

Tennogen Solution#1

Allow console to buy from STEAM, and redeem it as a gift in the Console market. There will be a gift box that should cost like 5plat or less ( since we spent money on STEAM) Make it a monthly patch with a Console deadline to purchase as many tennogen and patch the redeem items later. both SONY/MICROSOFT and STEAM can make money.

Tennogen Solution#2

make a GENERIC  Tennogen program for Console ONLY (THAT IS NOT STEAM RELATED) that can be used on PC uploaded to DE and then sent to the dedicated CONSOLE team, so it can go through certification through sony/MICROSOFT and purchased throught their store! 

edit: ok lets forget tennogen because legal issues lets call it something generic "WarGear" this would be Console exclusive 

Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting but can you blame me for feeling left out! i know I'm not the only one that feels like this as a console player. PC players doesn't have to go through this I spent 3yrs on console I know DE isn't going to give me all that I achieve on console for PC move over. I put time and money into it why should I leave now! there's have to be way to integrate ALL CONTENT for all platforms. no disrespect DE, but right now your focus is PC ONLY I know half of your revenue come from console also.

Edited by (PS4)BIGHEBREW

Solution#1 won't be done because it'll need Steam to agree to that, and as much as I know greedy Steam, they won't team up with another console since they are mainly a PC platform and got their own console. I can't remember at least 1 time when they teamed up with a different console for something. Sorry.

Solution#2 looks pretty good though.

Edited by MrM1

7 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

Solution#1 won't be done because it'll need Steam to agree to that, and as much as I know greedy Steam, they won't team up with another console since they are mainly a PC platform and got their own console. I can't remember at least 1 time when they teamed up with a different console for something. Sorry.

Solution#2 looks pretty good though.

then how did the hogoromo skin get on console

10 minutes ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

then how did the hogoromo skin get on console

DE spent months sorting out the legal contracts to get the initial 5 items over to consoles.

Rebecca has already hinted that they are trying to get another batch of tennogen content over to consoles, possible before the end of the year.

The legal contracts are the biggest delay with getting tennogen on consoles, its not something that can be rushed. 

Just now, NovusNova said:

DE spent months sorting out the legal contracts to get the initial 5 items over to consoles.

Rebecca has already hinted that they are trying to get another batch of tennogen content over to consoles, possible before the end of the year.

The legal contracts are the biggest delay with getting tennogen on consoles, its not something that can be rushed. 

Then give us Tennogen 2.0 console addition because at this speed and the content for console is so slow I'm moving to other games. that's why I made solution 2 it is the best thing we need a dedicated Console team for Skins and content for us! why is that so hard, unless Digital Extreme is not planning on hiring anymore people I'm pretty sure they put up job posting! 

Remember tennogen item are user generate cosmetics, the steam workshop protects the copyright in an legal system. For consoles DE have to get legal agreements from the tennogen creators individually with a steamline system in place. That why theres more on pc and why it takes time to get to consoles. DE have stated they want to repect tennogen creators.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

Then give us Tennogen 2.0 console addition because at this speed and the content for console is so slow I'm moving to other games. that's why I made solution 2 it is the best thing we need a dedicated Console team for Skins and content for us! why is that so hard, unless Digital Extreme is not planning on hiring anymore people I'm pretty sure they put up job posting! 

Then the same problem would exist in reverse. It wouldn't really be a solution.

Look friend, you just gotta be patient. 

Yes it sucks that it takes so long to get us Tennogen, but that is because Reb and the DE team are making sure to cross their T's and dot the I's to make sure the creators get compensated for their work. 

To the 2 options you suggested- #1 probably wouldn't work because $$$ talks and Sony/MS would still want their cut and we would still be in the same situation that we are in now.  #2 also wouldn't work becasue DE is trying to get away from exclusivity in the content save a few small details (ex- the recent PS4 anniversary got us the PS4 color picker, new Obsidian Excal Noggle, and a Sigil). Even then, we would still be in the legal situation that we are in now because DE would still be trying to get their cut, content creators cut, and Sony/MS cut.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Remember tennogen item are user generate cosmetics, the steam workshop protects the copyright in an legal system. For consoles DE have to get legal agreements from the tennogen creators individually with a steamline system in place. That why theres more on pc and why it takes time to get to consoles. DE have stated they want to repect tennogen creators.

so your saying they can't give us a program for the PC that would allow Console players to MAKE their on version cosmetic. i'm not understanding your augment. 

Edit: I edited it NOT ASKING for tennogen, but a console Generic for Tennogen 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

Look friend, you just gotta be patient. 

Yes it sucks that it takes so long to get us Tennogen, but that is because Reb and the DE team are making sure to cross their T's and dot the I's to make sure the creators get compensated for their work. 

To the 2 options you suggested- #1 probably wouldn't work because $$$ talks and Sony/MS would still want their cut and we would still be in the same situation that we are in now.  #2 also wouldn't work becasue DE is trying to get away from exclusivity in the content save a few small details (ex- the recent PS4 anniversary got us the PS4 color picker, new Obsidian Excal Noggle, and a Sigil). Even then, we would still be in the legal situation that we are in now because DE would still be trying to get their cut, content creators cut, and Sony/MS cut.

that doesn't make any sense we still will have to buy the skins and cosmetic on PSN, or XBOX live I don't think you guys are understanding solution#2 so I edit it straying away from Tennogen.

OK, I'm asking for a progam (Like tennogen but for CONSOLE) that can be used on PC and submitted to DE and goes through SONY/MICROSOFT and we purchase the items after being voted by the console community. it doesn't have to be STEAM related it doesn't have to be called tennogen. I just want the ability to make cosmetic and be more involved instead of segregated from the community. it has been 380 days since the first tennogen and there's only 2 skins items in a year! So, saying be patient is understatement. then explain this to me how did we get the Hogoromo/Mesa cosmetic skin if that is a Steam Exclusive as of right now console is separated from PC. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

then explain this to me how did we get the Hogoromo/Mesa cosmetic skin if that is a Steam Exclusive as of right now console is separated from PC. 

because DE worked with legal teams, Sony/MS, Steam, and  the content creators of each item respectively to make sure everyone got compensated for the items. it was a long and drawn out arduous process that has laid the ground work and foundation for DE to get us Tennogen cosmetic items in a faster and easier manner. we will start seeing Tennogen items in a faster manner because of the wonderful work DE has put into getting this set up. Reb said a few streams ago that we should see something before the end of the year. 

I know it is hard to stay patient when there are cool things out there (like the Alt Helms for Chroma and Nekros :inlove:) but stay patient and have faith on the developers.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

because DE worked with legal teams, Sony/MS, Steam, and  the content creators of each item respectively to make sure everyone got compensated for the items. it was a long and drawn out arduous process that has laid the ground work and foundation for DE to get us Tennogen cosmetic items in a faster and easier manner. we will start seeing Tennogen items in a faster manner because of the wonderful work DE has put into getting this set up. Reb said a few streams ago that we should see something before the end of the year. 

I know it is hard to stay patient when there are cool things out there (like the Alt Helms for Chroma and Nekros :inlove:) but stay patient and have faith on the developers.

then it's safe to say we console players need our own that deals only with SONY/MICROSOFT we should scrap tennogen for us and come up with our own cosmetic platform I would even settle for CONSOLE department that just made content for us not sure if DE would spend the money!.

Edited by (PS4)BIGHEBREW

29 minutes ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

then it's safe to say we console players need our own that deals only with SONY/MICROSOFT we should scrap tennogen for us and come up with our own cosmetic platform I would even settle for CONSOLE department that just made content for us not sure if DE would spend the money!.

no thanks. DE is trying to get away from exclusivity (see Lato/Braton Vandal re-release poll for quick reference) and adding a platform or department to make specific content only for console is just going to add fuel to the flame wars. it took almost a year to get the current Tennogen stuff to console because of legal stuff (not counting the old weapon skins because that changes no models and was for a contest) and dedicating an entire team to just making console exclusive skins/helms/cosmetics would just add to the segregation to the community (something you stated a few post ago that you wanted rid of)

DE is striving to get the content to everyone in the best way possible and that takes time.

On 11/9/2016 at 9:03 AM, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

no thanks. DE is trying to get away from exclusivity (see Lato/Braton Vandal re-release poll for quick reference) and adding a platform or department to make specific content only for console is just going to add fuel to the flame wars. it took almost a year to get the current Tennogen stuff to console because of legal stuff (not counting the old weapon skins because that changes no models and was for a contest) and dedicating an entire team to just making console exclusive skins/helms/cosmetics would just add to the segregation to the community (something you stated a few post ago that you wanted rid of)

DE is striving to get the content to everyone in the best way possible and that takes time.

that doesn't make any sense because there is STILL tennogen I call BS, if DE really wanted to stop exclusivity tennogen wouldn't be featured on the last devstream and I guarantee you tennogen will be featured this Friday on devstream. Ok, now you said this would cause a flame WAR over content for the console. when TENNOGEN is shoved down console users face every devstream that alone should allow us to FLAME about the segragtion from PC and Console. I watch every devstream Faithful I never seen DE address this issue. it seems like DE first priority is PC and PC only I played different games that are for both platforms and this is the only company make exclusive content for the main platform. I wouldn't be so critical of this issue if there  was a more update for console players. I wish DE moderators would answer legitimate concerns on the forums instead of waiting until DEVSTREAM question and answers. unless I'm in the wrong section. is there a ticket system where we can contact directly, or is there a section I can post a question that can be featured on DEVSTREAM. 

Edited by (PS4)BIGHEBREW

that doesn't make any sense because there is STILL tennogen I call BS, if DE really wanted to stop exclusivity tennogen wouldn't be featured on the last devstream and I guarantee you tennogen will be featured this Friday on devstream. Ok, now you said this would cause a flame WAR over content for the console. when TENNOGEN is shoved down console users face every devstream that alone should allow us to FLAME about the segragtion from PC and Console. I watch every devstream Faithful I never seen DE address this issue. DE first priority is PC and PC only I played different games that are for both platforms and this is the only company make exclusive content for the main platform. I wouldn't be so critical of this issue if there  was a more update for console players. I wish DE moderators would answer legitimate concerns on the forums instead of waiting until DEVSTREAM question and answers. unless I'm in the wrong section. is there a ticket system where we can contact directly, or is there a section I can post a question that can be featured on DEVSTREAM. 

1) Punctuation and Formatting can save lives. Please learn how to use it. 

2) 

this is the only company make exclusive content for the main platform.

Tennogen is not PC exclusive anymore. The content is created and shipped to PC first because it's easy and faster. They can have any content and then ship it to PC instantly. However, on console, they have to pay Sony/MS for the certification process and they (DE) are trying to save a bit of $$ by giving us huge chunks of content instead of having to pay x amount of times per month for every bit of content added.

With the groundwork that was laid by us recently getting some Tennogen items (Mesa Helm, Zephyr skin, 3 Syandanas), the way has been paved for us console users to get those Tennogen items. Yes it is a slow, drawn out process (legal reasons), but we still have the capability to get the access to the content at a later date. Like I said earlier, DE is getting away from exclusive content. We just have to have patients.

3)

Ok, now you said this would cause a flame WAR over content for the console. when TENNOGEN is shoved down console users face every devstream that alone should allow us to FLAME about the segragtion from PC and Console.

Personally, I don't see it as "being shoved down [my] face" on the DevStreams. I look at it as "That (insert cosmetic item) looks awesome. Can't wait for DE to get that agreement worked out so i can have it."  "Segregation" would be "neener neener, I have something you can't have. Haha, suck it". What we have is "Hey, here are some cool, player generated cosmetics. We are working to try and get you guys (console players) some of the earlier batches of Tennogen, but have hit a couple snags with the terms of the agreement, but we are still working to get it to you." 

4)

I wish DE moderators would answer legitimate concerns on the forums instead of waiting until DEVSTREAM question and answers. unless I'm in the wrong section. is there a ticket system where we can contact directly, or is there a section I can post a question that can be featured on DEVSTREAM. 

We have to forum Mods who, so far from what I've seen, have been doing a great job of answering questions, discussing concerns of the game, keeping things clean. If you want to, look through some older threads and find those with a green "Community Moderator" moniker under their profile pic. Send them a PM with your questions or concerns and they can help you. Hell, you can PM DE staff too, but they may take a little longer to reply because they have better things to do than surf the forums (Like continuing to make content for the game)

Roughly 36 hours before any DevStream, they (usually Reb) put up a forum thread pretty much saying "Hey, join us on (insert Date/Time) we will be going over stuff that was just added, stuff that's coming, and answering some questions. Put your questions there and they may answer it for all to hear on the stream. I mean, if you watch every DevStream as "faithfully" as you claim, you probably would have noticed that they answer community questions throughout the stream.

Edit: Below is a link to the recently created thread about tomorrows DevStream. Post a question there and see if it gets answered

I really don't see your qualms here...we are still getting the content. Albeit a bit slower, but still getting it.

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel
added link

1 hour ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

1) Punctuation and Formatting can save lives. Please LEARN how to use it.  

Albeit a bit slower, but still getting it.

thanks for the critique Almighty Grammar guy lol!  Lmao I'll fix it before I feel like you insulted me. Didn't realize it was that bad since you was able to break it down, and analyze each section. You could've just said hey fix the punctuation I would have done gladly. Just leave out the side jokes and partial insults, but its cool no harm done. 

Your right its SLOWER 393 days slowers! I still believe we're separated\Segregated since PC players griped, when console players wanted Excalibur prime. And yet I seen PC players gripe about exclusivity from the Chinese. But they think Excalibur Prime should be for them WTF! All because they are founders (there goes the exclusivity thing again), which is total BS. 

What boggles my mind your utter complete support of DE on this which is not a BAD thing, let me make this clear. The only thing I get out of this and here's three conclusion.

1) You don't spend actually cash on this game. So why would you be concern I wouldn't either.

2) You use in-game platinum from trades I personally wouldn't feel no lost or feel left out at all.

3) You actually have a PC account, so what happens on console doesn't really bother you! 

Reason, why I say these three things, because what SANE individual would financial support a gaming company and not say anything about these issues, and would accept and be told to just be patient. I could be totally wrong about all three conclusion, if you like throwing your money away, and don't want to see your investment progress, by-all-means go right ahead I salute, but thanks for your input. I will continue my escapade into this issue until I get a real answer, why console can't take apart in the same things as PC, or at least given an equal platform to be able to make Tennogen content without having to start allover on another platform. I really don't care about making money that's not an issue for me. 

Edited by (PS4)BIGHEBREW

• 3 months later...

Seems like im joining in really late....but just make a steam account for warframe solely to create cozmetic content with steam workshop and if ur creations get picked to be in the game work out a deal with DE that ur content also gets shared with the consoles as long as steam gets paid out of the ordeal as well 

• 3 months later...