• Announcements

• [DE]DrewDev

Verifying In-Game Steam Items   15/07/16

Attention Tenno, If you’ve linked your Steam account to your Warframe account but don’t have the appropriate economy items in your inventory, head to warframe.com/user and click the ‘Verify in-game Steam economy items’ link. Missing Phased Items from the Winter Sale are included in this verifying link. (This does not include Warframe Steam Packs.) Thanks!
[DE]Rebecca

[PC Status Thread] Update 19: The War Within.

1 minute ago, Cyandana said:

My biggest criticism here is that they didn't have a backup STABLE build to release in the even they couldn't cram every last polished feature they wanted to into the update. Like, for a company that has a game as big as this, these kind of situations can literally only arise as a result of poor version control.

If their code had been maintained properly, they'd be able to rollback to a stable, working version of the game - even though it wouldn't have features XYZ like they wanted. BUT they'd still be able to RELEASE SOMETHING ON TIME and keep patches coming in the days that follow.

The only real reason this should be happening is if the company didn't even have ONE working, stable build after pushing the update back several times. Which for a project as massive as Warframe, with as much money and time invested into it as there is... is completely inexcusable.

So what is it? Do you have  a bunch of talented but disorganized programmers working on your game? I don't understand. The physics and combat in this game are amazing, the VFX are implemented and optimized very well (in most cases). Why is it that this seems to happen, again, and again, and AGAIN?

/rant 

thats what i've been wondering

at least push out build 1 which u feel stable enough and so confident about hence the date and this tread

or like other mention, u forgot to test ur "stable build".... u thought its a stable build...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Virtus_Dei_Est said:

they had SIX MONTHS to test this.

I understand the frustration, but no need for the passive-aggressive comment. Not cool.
He/she was just laying out a general idea of the reality of what happens behind the scenes.

And also six months is incorrect. They clearly stated it was purely a creative issue as they scrapped the original story and essentially started the whole 'The War Within' update from the ground up again.

• Upvote 4

Just now, XAJM said:

Guys keep it up, TWW comming when we hit page 100.

My Hype nerves are already dry from your salt, show some appreciation to this wonderful work by DE.

12 pages left .. let the game begin LOL

• Upvote 1

Just now, NGSBRReAPeR said:

So appreciating another person's work and understanding WHY it keeps getting delay makes my "blindly follow the kumbaya"?...k

You are appreciating few months delay ? Well maybe some people are more understanding than others.

When you go to restaurant and buy delays your food by 20 min, then another 10 min, then another 30 min, then another hour. Do you also appreciate his work at that point ? How many delays would it take for you to stop appreciating it ?

5 minutes ago, -Noximilien- said:

Because it happened.

No faith in this team.

So no faith, yet you return to the forum? Maybe to catch a glimps if the update had been released, or only to turn your salt spoon into a salt plate?

Just a question, did you watch the dev stream? Did you understand what they explained? Or do you feel you are entitled to having it your way?

It doesn't work that way now, does it?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

You sure about that? That we will get a bug-free War Within after all these delays?

OR at least a non-gamebreaking WW...

At this point...I almost think that DE should just release what they have done and smash all the bugs after release :|

(If in fact that is what they're doing right now)

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

You sure about that? That we will get a bug-free War Within after all these delays?

If that was possible lel

6 minutes ago, Virtus_Dei_Est said:

they had SIX MONTHS to test this.

which is sadly few in programmer's perspective especially on huge projects like TWW

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

Just now, Poolboy said:

drop the bootlicking already

That's true you can't clear all the bugs, what I'm sure is that  DE is going to cover most of them.

Edited by Venoct
  • Upvote 1

3:45 in the morning here, at the point of writing this, don't know how much longer I can wait for the update to drop. Let's just hope it is worth the wait.

• Upvote 3

Reminds me of update 16(I think it was), when we waited the entire night for a release that in the end didn't come until noon the next day. Just saying the feeling's the same, not complaining or anything. It's just that tension.... image related

Spoiler

chloes-birthday-gifts-blue-balls.jpg

• Upvote 2

Wew !!!!  Why they aren't test before they say to release !? so ......zzzzzzzzz

Just now, ViS4GE said:

You are appreciating few months delay ? Well maybe some people are more understanding than others.

When you go to restaurant and buy delays your food by 20 min, then another 10 min, then another 30 min, then another hour. Do you also appreciate his work at that point ? How many delays would it take for you to stop appreciating it ?

These last minute delays are to make sure that we have the best experience possible during the quest (You would know if you watched Prime Time)

A delay of food isn't for the same reason

It will be out at Tennocon!

It will be out in a month!

It will be out at 6pm on Friday!

It will be out at 7pm!

Give us two more hours!

Sorry, the countdown sleeked and we have no idea what's going on!

I don't even care how good or bad the update is going to be at this point. People will remember the bullS#&$ we've been put through the moment we finish the one hour quest and realize this is the biggest joke of an update we've ever had.

• Upvote 21

Just now, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Reminds me of update 16(I think it was), when we waited the entire night for a release that in the end didn't come until noon the next day. Just saying the feeling's the same, not complaining or anything. It's just that tension.... image related

Hide contents

chloes-birthday-gifts-blue-balls.jpg

10/10

Hating the stream with every technocyte of my body, these guys are trying to be funny or make time i dont know what they are trying to do.

DE YOU CAN DO IT!

If Trump Could, you CAN!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, HerculeanTusk said:

3:45 in the morning here, at the point of writing this, don't know how much longer I can wait for the update to drop. Let's just hope it is worth the wait.

I am with you brother! HOLD STRONG!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Eliberous said:

It will be out at 7pm!

Give us two more hours!

I don't even care how good or bad the update is going to be at this point. People will remember the bullS#&$ we've been put through the moment we finish the one hour quest and realize this is the biggest joke of an update we've ever had.

I can't wait for when it gets released and you are proven wrong :)

Just now, Eliberous said:

It will be out at 7pm!

Give us two more hours!

Dont forget the 45min Twitch announcement (1.5 hours ago)

• Upvote 1