[DE]Rebecca

[PC Status Thread] Update 19: The War Within.

Lol @ all these new players who haven't experienced too many big updates. Delays for updates are just par for the course here

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

I know we're past the 45 minute mark that Rebecca gave. Trying to figure out what exactly is happening guys. The team is working through something right now, and I will let you know ASAP if we need to push out one more build. 

HOPE TRAIN ACTIVATED

I'd like to remind people that it is currently 9:19 PM at the DE office. They have gone past midnight before to work on updates. I'm not suggesting that they should do that, as that would be unreasonable, but I'm just saying they HAVE done it in the past.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

The update at the moment was not 6 months tho, more like 6  hours. 

So what's the point of bringing up the delay that's long since come to pass, and this thread is about it's release meant for tonight?

• Upvote 1

You guys must not have been around for older updates, hahaha!

It happens. Keep your spirits up and pray.

PRAY DAMNIT

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, [DE]Taylor said:

You guys deserve to be kept updated, and I wouldn't dream of being anywhere else right now. The thought of you guys being left in the dark right now is so upsetting. The devs are working so hard and are unable to say how amazing you all are right now, so it's my job to share that info. 

And, unfortunately, be the bearer of bad news as well. 

We really appreciate your continous response and the work of the developers to give us a top product to us.
Just to remember this game is totally free and high quality permits me to be patient another week...
Also this song:

8 minutes ago, WNxMatthew said:

I can vouch a little since I have done programming in many classes. Generally when you fix one bug there is a possibility that it creates more in other areas. So at least some of us can understand. xD

What many people also seem to not understand/want to understand is that you can't fix every bug while coding the systems. Making the individual elements of a mechanic bug free is one thing, but once you have to put them together and let them interact, a whole slew of new bugs nobody could anticipate before can creep up, and this is exactly what they're working on fixing now. All the elements of the update were put together, baked into a build and - surprise - a list of bugs has surfaced, some minor, some game breaking. Every time they think they have the bug they have to rebake the build and test it, which also takes time. What DE probably should do is adjust the estimated time for them to squash bugs on their major releases and plan in more time so they can give us a more reliable date of release.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Evanescent said:

You guys must not have been around for older updates, hahaha!

It happens. Keep your spirits up and pray.

PRAY DAMNIT

This happening all the time doesn't make the situation ok.

• Upvote 3

I swear, everyone on this forum is a bunch of newbies. Like honestly after 18+ updates like this you would think everyone would just accept it as the norm and stop being a bunch of salt mines.

• Upvote 2

Stream just said another hour at earliest for the quest to keep people updated, meaning they're not canceling it for the night (yet)

I'm sure people are going to stay up till massive lengths today, even if it means MORE hours of waiting. Just please, today. Don't make people have to wait till Monday or next week or next month. Take as long as you need to, just. Please

:( 

Saying the release date & time every time you have a new update (that isn't finalized) is like shooting yourself in the foot. I appreciate so much the work that you're putting into the game, and I hate to see all of these players bashing you for perfecting things. Hell, I'd be perfectly fine waiting until December if it means that you could get a "final build" for the update maybe a week before you release it.

Much love though, keep doing ya thang

• Upvote 2

I recieved an Official transmission pertaining to the cause of the delay.

TENNO!!!

GRINEER... PROTECT... THE SYSTEM!!!!!!

OUR QUEENS WILL NOT... SUFFER YOUR PRESENCE!!!!!

And that's the reason for the delays. The new Grinner units are too fat and have clogged the internet tubes.

• Upvote 8

Just now, AntoineFlemming said:

This happening all the time doesn't make the situation ok.

It does make you more resilient and makes you realise pouring salt over everyone doesn't help either. 

• Upvote 2