The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the community toxic?

Jhemun

Twice now I've asked a question regarding how to find an item or mod reliably, Been farming like crazy to try and get a second warframe and I have all but some cell. I pointed out I'm as far as phobos and all I could find was they are on Saturn.

After asking in region had a swarm of insults and people laughing and taunting me. So after a couple times of this just curious if I should stick to single player missions as this is just the majority of the community or if I should just keep trying as I've just been unlucky?

Thanks for any serious answers.

Love the gameplay so far.

Warframe has a few bad eggs, but it's far from toxic. Believe me tenno, the ones that want to ruin your experience are a very small crowd.

The wiki is a decent resource when you need to find something you need, and there are a lot of players who are willing to help. I'm sorry you had a poor experience your first time asking, but give it another go. 

Also, play solo when you want to play a certain way and experiment, play in a group when you  want to complete a mission quickly  or scout out other builds.

Well.. It's more like, region chat is the hot spot of toxicity (like in any mmo really). The fact that the much delayed U19 is nearly here, people are much more cynical and generally pissed off.

If you actually want a question answered, make a post on the "players helping players" subforum or look for a friendly clan.

Best response I always give to people asking for info is "Check on the Wiki, everything you will ever want or need to know is on the warframe wiki", people always seem to appreciate that answer, but I would say you were just unlucky, most people are helpful, but some are pricks, just like in all games, but there's less here I think =)

Best thing is prolly to join a clan, clans are always more helpful then region chat

Edited by Zejjie

6 minutes ago, Jhemun said:

Twice now I've asked a question regarding how to find an item or mod reliably, Been farming like crazy to try and get a second warframe and I have all but some cell. I pointed out I'm as far as phobos and all I could find was they are on Saturn.

After asking in region had a swarm of insults and people laughing and taunting me. So after a couple times of this just curious if I should stick to single player missions as this is just the majority of the community or if I should just keep trying as I've just been unlucky?

Yes, the community is, at times, toxic.

As for getting O-cells there really is no particular map you can go to that would guarantee them. It is mainly RNG.

From review of the wiki here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Cell, it seems that the best places to farm for O-cells is Saturn, Ceres, Derelict, Bosses, and the Stalker.

Personally I would recommend grabbing a Nekros/Nekros prime and going to Ceres or the Derelict (If you can find a group that wants to do ODD that is AWESOME). This can give you a lot.

Having a great deal of experience with toxic communities, I can reliably say that Warframe is easily the least toxic game I've ever played that didn't die five minutes into its creation (coughdawngatecough). Warframe is the only large-scale multiplayer game I've had interest in playing for more than five seconds.

That said, 'least' does not mean 'zero'. Sometimes you get your slew of insults when you don't play right automatically, sometimes you get weird creepy dudes that make you want to shower, sometimes at 6 AM in a Relay when there are no mods around you start getting alt-right S#&$ that makes you wonder about your choice in hobby.

Honestly, though? Most people I've met have been pretty nice. In fact, I find the forums a lot worse than the game itself, and even then it's not that bad. That said, I've never used region chat, just asked around here and there. It's usually better to get your information from the wiki if you can. Good moderation helps; Warframe mods on forums or game will actively remove toxic or offensive content - and they have in this very thread already, just seconds before I went to report it!

It helps to play with friends, too, but I figure that goes without saying. I have my girlfriend and my best friends along with me, so maybe pull some others in to help make things more comfy. The Origin System has its dangers, but most Tenno look out for one another. :heart:

Edited by QueenFiona
Grammar

9 minutes ago, Jhemun said:

The... toxicity of the community at large is exceptional in the light of pending, or recent, major updates. Thankfully, between such updates, cooler, and bored, heads prevail, revealing a more reasonable, and friendlier, community... well, besides the Traders, who are always sharks, no matter what.

Depends to what your standards of 'toxic' are. If you're comparing it to forum communities of some MOBAs and other shooters, I say Warframe's not that toxic. Compared to my clan chat's community, it's about the same. Compared to my church fellowship, sure it's toxic XD

But overall, I'm ok with this community, it's nice enough :)

19 minutes ago, Jhemun said:

Right before a big update the ... "feeling" in the chats, no matter what region... can be very very weird and less helpfull/nice than usual to be honest. Not gonna say it's toxic, it just is all over the place. 

Not getting into this sorta stuff tooooo deep (it would create a wall of text here xD) sooo short and simple:
This Community is nice! Not only nice, it is great, awesome, helpful, lovely, crazy, interesting, funny, beautiful, respectful and in my opinion 1/3753573 probably penguins. Always was and hopefully always will be. 

(and yes, I am around in multiple regions, last days were hard in the region chat, but there are people out there who will never gonna give you up or let you down <3)

Regarding your ressource question:

If you take a look at a planet and hover over the little symbol in the bottom right corner (it's an extractor-symbol), it will show you what you can find on this planet (what the enemies drops/ the container...contain? xD) 
You can get orokin cells for example on ceres or on saturn, the mission-type itself doesn't matter, but I suggest endless-missions or the boss-mission on the planet.
more information can be found in the english Warframe Wikia, always worth a look if you need information! http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Cell

May the Lotus guide you and feel free to ask/pm me or (I am just guessing here) any of the other players who gave you an answer in this thread <3
~Fabpsi

and here a kitty to cheer you up :

WBU0Nk5.gif

Edited by Fabpsi
kitty =^-^=

Warframe is by far the best community I've ever experience, also if you're having a bad time in region chat just try recruiting chat, it is the chat where serious people go to look for help either farming resources, mission help, etc
Edited by LycanPT

2 minutes ago, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

the word "toxic" itself is a reason to shame the person that uses it for being a lil tumblr bch

grow a pair and try looking for "anything_huge_and_filled_with_content wiki"

We're correctly using one of the definitions of the word. A word that's been used in this way before people getting professionally offended was popular.

tox·ic

adjective: toxic

1.poisonous.

"the dumping of toxic waste"

• relating to or caused by poison.

"toxic hazards"

• very bad, unpleasant, or harmful.

"a toxic relationship"

1 minute ago, Tsoe said:

i never talked in region chat... look like a dangerous place for sanity

Nah, it's fun. Ah, the early morning conversations about the scarcity of Kavat genetic materials, subtly sliding through the coffee preferences into the grey zone of confusion about own sexual orientation, ending in a grandiose chain reaction of automated kicks.