Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wired/wireless Mouse/keyboard functionality

Babellon

A thing I learned today that I as a long time gamer probably should of already known: I've been using wireless mouse and keyboard for so long now I had forgotten how it felt to wire it up. Today, after many hours of trying to play with half dead batteries I decided to concede and plug in my old mouse and keyboard USB lines. My god what a difference it made to my gameplay. I have noticed on multiple occasions a loss of functionality and responsiveness with my wireless setup. sometimes it felt like the game has a snap-to targeting mechanic which seems to take over the mouse cursor and move it to the nearest 'likely target' on the screen I am trying to click. 

Having plugged in my mouse and keyboard wired how ever I notice I have gotten a major boost to responsiveness, accuracy and timing. With wireless the mouse felt jittery, often hopping off of or past targets rapidly repositioning. The wired mouse feels slower in some regards but much more precise. I just thought I'd share that epiphany with the rest of the class today. Perhaps it will help anyone else who might be using wireless if they feel they're losing some of the control one would expect in the game.

Game on tenno. 

Wireless signals can be unreliable, but it is also possible the surface under the mouse had some hairs or other small debris causing uneven response, or the lens of the sensor being dirty and causing poor and uneven response.

in recent times though, it seems like brand new wireless tech is achieving actually stable and reliable performance. given some time from now, it should become as ubiquitous as the garbage that is ubiquitous now.
now if only the same could happen with Optical/Laser Sensors and the micro Actuators used in Mice...

49 minutes ago, xFrostKnightx said:

Membrane keyboard or bust. 

advantages of switch types other than Silicone Membrane: a long list that everybody knows by now

advantages of Silicone Membrane: ?????????

For years I had a wireless gaming mouse and keyboard I used to swear by.
Got tired of having to change batteries at the most inopportune moment or checking battery levels before long missions.
First went with a regular wired keyboard, followed by a wired gaming keyboard then finally a mechanical gaming keyboard and high resolution gaming mouse with so many buttons i barely need a keyboard.

I do not regret the change.
I may add a gaming keypad to my setup.

1 hour ago, Babellon said:

A thing I learned today that I as a long time gamer probably should of already known: I've been using wireless mouse and keyboard for so long now I had forgotten how it felt to wire it up. Today, after many hours of trying to play with half dead batteries I decided to concede and plug in my old mouse and keyboard USB lines. My god what a difference it made to my gameplay. I have noticed on multiple occasions a loss of functionality and responsiveness with my wireless setup. sometimes it felt like the game has a snap-to targeting mechanic which seems to take over the mouse cursor and move it to the nearest 'likely target' on the screen I am trying to click. 

Having plugged in my mouse and keyboard wired how ever I notice I have gotten a major boost to responsiveness, accuracy and timing. With wireless the mouse felt jittery, often hopping off of or past targets rapidly repositioning. The wired mouse feels slower in some regards but much more precise. I just thought I'd share that epiphany with the rest of the class today. Perhaps it will help anyone else who might be using wireless if they feel they're losing some of the control one would expect in the game.

Game on tenno. 

Unplugged from General Discussion and Plugged into Extras]OffTopic.