The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Player - What to do before TWW?

Coaa

Question

I haven't played the game in quite a few months. I left shortly after sorties came out (think I did like 3 seasons maybe).

Anyway, ALOT had changed. My cores are gone, now endo. I already took an hour to melt all of my 1000s of duplicates down. I checked all the new blueprints and bought them, lots of stuff brewing up at the moment - excited to try them out. I noticed we have cats now

The biggest change was the starmap. I love the new look. I already went in and took care of the orokin void map nodes. I noticed that they are all "new" and made sure to get the MR from completing them all for the first time.

With that said - what do I need to do tonight before the war within launches? Typically, you have to prepare prior to these big launches. With the dream one, I had to scan that creature before I could start the quest at launch. What do I have to do similar so I can jump right into it when it launches?

Also outside of the prep for that. What else can you tell me? What should I work toward atm? How do I get the cats? Similar to kubrow where I had to farm an egg? Any new things I have to put into the incubator beforehand?

Thanks guys - feels good to be back!

16 answers to this question

Just now, (XB1)LexaHex said:

The sedna junction is mandatory for you 

This is going to be your top priority if you want to play the new quest.

Everything else should be secondary, but one thing I'd recommend is working on leveling your Archwing gear if you need to. I don't know how much of a part Archwing will have in the quest, but I think it's a good idea to prepare yourself just in case. Also, fashionframe- the War Within is a cinematic quest so your Warframe and Operators appearance are important.

Don't worry about new stuff until after the big quest. Make sure you've decorated your loadout to your liking, and get all the requirements for that, such as the junction.

When it's time to get a space cat, there are two ingredients you need: Cat DNA and a cat incubator. The first one drops by scanning Kavats in the Derelict. Until you scan them, they are invisible, but the scanner can still show you their location. The second one drops from Grineer, so you might get it in the Derelict, or just do a Grineer defense until that drops.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)LexaHex said:

The sedna junction is mandatory for you 

Haven't played recently but is it the sedna junction that you need to unlock or just the planet seda? I never really bothered to unlock the junctions since i already had all the Planets unlocked and doing the junction requirements is sometimes annoying for me (espacially since i already tried craftig a MR 5 Item several times and the Game still says i haven't done it). I really hope its just the Planet Sedna that needs to be unlocked and not the actual junction.

Edited by Evers

5 minutes ago, Evers said:

Haven't played recently but is it the sedna junction that you need to unlock or just the planet seda? I never really bothered to unlock the junctions since i already had all the Planets unlocked and doing the junction requirements is sometimes annoying for me (espacially since i already tried craftig a MR 5 Item several times and the Game still says i haven't done it). I really hope its just the Planet Sedna that needs to be unlocked and not the actual junction.

If you have Pluto, all is required is the Sedna junction and the Second Dream to be completed. All prerequisite junctions can be ignored.

Completing the Sedna junction for The War Within cannot be skipped at all, though.

Edited by (XB1)Kliuqard

Thanks guys, i'll read through those guides. No clue how to do the junctions, I noticed them on the map and entered one. Couldn't figure out how to do it just had something up on a screen and I couldn't activate anything. I'm sure it's in the guide you guys posted.

Archwing stuff is plenty up to par. I was big into it and would farm r5 packs when bored so I have plenty of hours into archwing. I left at MR 21 1/2, how far can you get atm without all the exclusives?

Kavats you get from scanning feral kavats in orokin derelicts (exterminate tends to work best for finding them) each cat scan has a chance of awarding DNA which you need 10 to brew up a kavat... you will also need a kavat incubator segment (dropped from the new hyekka masters that grineer have (you can find them in the same orokin derelict exterminate mission as the cats themselves) or from clan dojo) which also requires 10 kavat DNA to craft.

As far as I know you can get MR 22 now without many, if any exclusives, though I'm not positive on that.

For junctions, you just do everything on the junction's checklist then enter the junction and clear it. so like for Sedna it says stuff like "Defeat Vey Hek on Earth" then you go beat the crud out of him on earth to clear that objective to unlock the junction.

2 minutes ago, SandDune said:

Kavats you get from scanning feral kavats in orokin derelicts (exterminate tends to work best for finding them) each cat scan has a chance of awarding DNA which you need 10 to brew up a kavat... you will also need a kavat incubator segment (dropped from the new hyekka masters that grineer have (you can find them in the same orokin derelict exterminate mission as the cats themselves) or from clan dojo) which also requires 10 kavat DNA to craft.

As far as I know you can get MR 22 now without many, if any exclusives, though I'm not positive on that.

For junctions, you just do everything on the junction's checklist then enter the junction and clear it. so like for Sedna it says stuff like "Defeat Vey Hek on Earth" then you go beat the crud out of him on earth to clear that objective to unlock the junction.

Thank you for the info. I know what i'm going to be working on tonight.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)Kliuqard said:

If you have Pluto, all is required is the Sedna junction and the Second Dream to be completed. All prerequisite junctions can be ignored.

Completing the Sedna junction for The War Within cannot be skipped at all, though.

Meh guess i won't be doing TWW then anytime soon.