The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dressing Atlas

Neonir

Let me start this by saying that Atlas as a frame has one of the nicest overall base designs in my opinion. He's not overdesigned (as many claim Zephyr and the like to be), he's not underdesigned (as I have heard some claim about earlier frames), he's in this nice sweet spot of solid bigness.

But Hot damn, if his customization options aren't limited.

For example: Shoulder armour. Now atlas has something that sets him apart visually from other frames, in that he has rather large, rather round shoulders. Because of this, a lot of the shoulderpads, having been designed for normal shoulders seem...Off. They'll look out of place and in some cases, especially with curved shoulder ornaments, will fail to match the shape of his shoulder completely, with parts of the armour that are obviously meant to wrap around the frame hanging off unappeallingly. Another good example is a Eos leg armour that just outright fails to actually be connected to atlas' leg.

While I might have commented on the way many syandanas interact with Atlas' massive back muscles, I will concede that at least in terms of back decor, Atlas has a better time than some other frames.

Then of course we must adress his personal customisation options, that is, skins (he has none) and helmets (he has 3, one tennogen, the other two standard). Now this much, I will admit is totally subjective, and would never attempt to state as fact, but honestly I dont see any of these options as being in any way more appealing than the base helm.

This leaves atlas with a very select few armours to wear and not look silly, no skins and a questionable selection of headwear.

And yes, I recognize that Atlas is, at least relative to other frames, new to the scene, but I am just wondering if anyone else has this problem, and more to the point, if they had any luck finding a particularly definitive look for our mountain man?

Here's what I've managed so far, but I kinda feel like it's somewhat generic as it was hard to make anything else actually look appealing on him: 53DF7E2AC02EFFFB7DB96D85DA58A564B6DAFB76

His alt helms aren't that bad once you get used to them. also he has 4, 2 from DE and 2 from Tennogen (1 in game, the other was announced as a winner and has yet to be put in game)

i too have found it a little hard to fashion him. i think i ended up settling on a black and orange look, with the EDO Prime shoulders, no chest or leg armor and the Grineer Jetpack syandana.

1 minute ago, regularkid said:

One punch man atlas best atlas

What you mean....58C13F991A8582AB2DEBFB4CF08639157EA42D75

THIS!?

Also when it comes to colours, I can happily recognize I'm not optimising for atlas, I'm more just following a theme for my frames that I started with frost prime to be honest.

1 minute ago, Fabpsi said:

here 2 of my color-schemes:

doxPHOt.jpg

cdkfChK.jpg

have to agree, it is difficult to find something that "fits" him if it comes to armor^^

Okay, I'll bite, what're the two things on either side of your atlas there? What's all that about?

On topic though, I will admit I do appreciate that helmet with earthy tones, very solid looking.

...It also somehow gives off a sorta burly 1950's gangster vibe, what with the huge neck and tiny little hat--

Also, which armours are those, cause I swear your atlas seems somehow wider than mine and that is a bizzare thing to see, I think it's cause of the width of the leg armour or something, idk, maybe it's an optical illusion cause of my syandana or the angle, I have no idea but there feels like there's some serious width discrepancy here.

12 minutes ago, Neonir said:

Okay, I'll bite, what're the two things on either side of your atlas there? What's all that about?

On topic though, I will admit I do appreciate that helmet with earthy tones, very solid looking.

...It also somehow gives off a sorta burly 1950's gangster vibe, what with the huge neck and tiny little hat--

Also, which armours are those, cause I swear your atlas seems somehow wider than mine and that is a bizzare thing to see, I think it's cause of the width of the leg armour or something, idk, maybe it's an optical illusion cause of my syandana or the angle, I have no idea but there feels like there's some serious width discrepancy here.

mhh not sure what two things you mean, but I have my arsenal surrounded by ayatan sculptures, sooo those are next to his feet^^ (the other 2 things are pictures you can buy in the market :3)

I like the helmet too.

Mhhh about the width, maybe it is the stance?
here a pic with the same pose like your atlas, doesn't seem that different imo.

Oh and the leg armor is targis prime (from a prime access) , same goes for the shoulder armor of the blue-ish atlas. The green-ish Atlas got hulta-shoulder armor. The shoulder armor might make him look wider

79f4fadd91.jpg

Edited by Fabpsi

Just now, Akavakaku said:

ysgbzKv.jpg

Atlas Prime anyone?

I am curious as to how they're going to do atlas prime. How do you do "Shiny, swirly and decorated" to something that is primarily designed to be "Earthy, solid and simplistic".

2 minutes ago, Fabpsi said:

mhh not sure what two things you mean, but I have my arsenal surrounded by ayatan sculptures, sooo those are next to his feet^^
I like the helmet too.

Mhhh about the width, maybe it is the stance?

here with the same pose like your atlas, doesn't seem that different imo.

Oh and the leg armor is targis prime (from a prime access) , same goes for the shoulder armor of the blue-ish atlas. The green-ish Atlas got hulta-shoulder armor

79f4fadd91.jpg

Not totally sure what the Hulta armour peices are, I guess that's just a matter of being around to pick up the right armour at the right time, fair enough.

Also, sorry, by two things I meant the two screens of lotus behind your customizer.

4 minutes ago, Neonir said:

Also, sorry, by two things I meant the two screens of lotus behind your customizer.

ah yes, those are screens you can buy in the market for some plat^^ Same goes for the Hulta armor, it should be part of the Loki-Knave-Skin collection!

Edited by Fabpsi

2 minutes ago, Fabpsi said:

ah yes, those are screens you can buy in the market for some plat^^ Same goes for the Hulta armor, it should be part of the Knave-Skin collection!

Ahh, so it is, I was thrown off by its lack of presence in the wardrobe! Thanks for the heads up.

...Though I likely will not get it as that is a lot of credits to spend on a pack I can use very little of.

Edited by Neonir

8 minutes ago, Neonir said:

I am curious as to how they're going to do atlas prime. How do you do "Shiny, swirly and decorated" to something that is primarily designed to be "Earthy, solid and simplistic".

Well, Atlas is earth based, and in Avatar the Last Air Bender, some Earth benders are able to control metal, so Atlas Prime could have metallic features and effects. 

On a side note, Atlas has spikes on his arms and legs. It would be cool if a deluxe / prime / tennogen skin would turn those spikes into metallic spikes, giving Atlas the appearance of having metal spiked greaves and gauntlets. Medieval Knight Atlas would be cool.

44 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Here's what i would do coupled with Hate. Shame about the BP not being obtainable again.

Hide contents

Yxc5C56.png

Is this close enough?

EEDACC8ABCB674050C0C7AB0A38E8F2670240C50

Here's the color scheme I usually use:

8PikUvZ.png

Edited by Heckzu