Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

___Prime Versions & Equality?

Ruelle

I'm simply not going to Forma any of my frames until the prime version comes out. Why? Because prime versions come out with an extra polarity anyways and that's one less Forma I have to use on it.

Still, if you want to forma the hell out of a reg frame and maybe use the prime for mastery before dumping it, you won't be missing anything.

imo nothing wrong with primes

Gawd I'm so late to my own post, been busybusy lately.

Warframes are suits right? You swap out helmets and bodys so lore wise you could just put the damn suit on... Whats so important about it being an entirely separate slot and level for you lore guys? I mean customization is lacking as is and its not getting any better with primes being separate entirely

The thing that keeps me replaying warframe is leveling weapons/warframes and getting mastery levels up right now because theres not really anything else, face roll anything with level 30 potatoed weapons right now. Theres new alternate helmets coming out that again arent gonna work for the prime versions of the frames no doubt...

Sure its not hard to level a new warframe, sure thats all there is to do right now and sure most vets have accepted that but with the "Hardcore" modes(Mentioned in the latest livestream) coming out I'd like to have some more customization options for the warframes AT level 30.

Gawd I'm so late to my own post, been busybusy lately.

Warframes are suits right? You swap out helmets and bodys so lore wise you could just put the damn suit on... Whats so important about it being an entirely separate slot and level for you lore guys? I mean customization is lacking as is and its not getting any better with primes being separate entirely

The thing that keeps me replaying warframe is leveling weapons/warframes and getting mastery levels up right now because theres not really anything else, face roll anything with level 30 potatoed weapons right now. Theres new alternate helmets coming out that again arent gonna work for the prime versions of the frames no doubt...

Sure its not hard to level a new warframe, sure thats all there is to do right now and sure most vets have accepted that but with the "Hardcore" modes(Mentioned in the latest livestream) coming out I'd like to have some more customization options for the warframes AT level 30.

All I hear here is "I want customization" which has nothing to do with primes. Your saying the new helms won't work with primes? First that's an assumption. Second that has nothing to do with the complaints you made about prime equality at the beginning of the thread.

People are already crying over the Primes could you imagine if they made mats that only drop in void specifically for Primes? People would be rioting in the streets. I personally am shocked at how many threads similar to this exist. You guys wouldn't last a day in a Korean MMO such as Aion. You can get the original Frost level it to 30 farm for the Prime version level it to 30 and them polarize it 5 times before you could get the gear you want in a Korean MMO.

And for those saying it wouldn't fit the Lore if Primes, well said. Could you imagine if they made Optimus Prime into just another Autobot because people complained he was too strong!!

Well said Asanogawa! I fully agree, and I really like the Optimus Prime reference.

Off topic: Aion you could get the items you wanted five times over before getting even a single level in Lineage (can take months). 

Bringing it back to the point. The system they created works well, it still needs tweaks, but this game is centered around the, "I have played through this with many things, frames/weapons (noted by Mastery Level)." This game is a collection of items and upgrades. I, for one, enjoy that I can build an item level it several times and still find something I like to play with better. It keeps things from having a..."this is end game item" feel. Such as a game like WoW, where you have to get a certain set of Armor that is agreeably, "the best armor in the game!"

Warframe has done well to stay away from that. This game very much has a user preference feel.

To summarize, Prime equipment should not be a skin...it takes away the legacy.