Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Neckoning, a ring syandana

alexmach1

1 minute ago, alexmach1 said:

yep, just gotta finish the textures and create some renders. you can view progress here: https://skfb.ly/YGNL

yay lol going to look now

edit: just looked and the cloth texture and little metal bits ending the cloth look really good. awesome.

Edited by (XB1)ashes of suvius

• 4 weeks later...

I'm probably going to just flip this design around and turn it into a cape or something, then make something new with the general criticisms in mind ie "don't block vision" 

On 1/20/2017 at 11:50 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

• Avoid perfect shapes - especially circles.
  • Make sure all surfaces, including smooth ones, still have somewhat of a grungy texture. Even smooth bone has flaws so keep that in mind when creating that organic aesthetic!
  • Keep clipping and weapon-sights in mind when designing skins or Syandana. Large pieces behind the head can interrupt the player's aim and overall in-game experience.

I want to push the envelope with outlandish designs(syandanas that aren't just sticks in your back) without pushing someone's buttons, so to speak.

Edited by alexmach1

6 hours ago, [DE]Syncrasis said:

The design was beautiful, but when tested, the shoulders of larger Warframes clipped quite badly with even minor movements. I'm sad we couldn't accept it.

Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Thank you for the helpful feedback! 

Quick question, is there any way I can make the shoulder mount idea work or should I focus on something else?

On 2/10/2017 at 0:45 AM, alexmach1 said:

Thank you for the helpful feedback!

Quick question, is there any way I can make the shoulder mount idea work or should I focus on something else?

We have two wrap-around syandanas in the game, they're pretty old (uru and imperator). If you equip them on any of the newer bulky frames you'll see how much they clip. I don't think a goldilocks zone exists for wrap-around syandanas that won't make them clip like crazy, even if they're just thin little wires. Not worth it to continue trying with this route specifically. You might want to try something that comes forward much further away from the mesh, away from animation clipping zones. Otherwise yeah, not worth it.