Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 19: The War Within

[DE]Megan

When will we be able to color each part of our warframe separately?

Could we please have a third sigil slot that is on our helmet?

Please buff Machete and Machete Wraith.

It would be cool if we could have our liset's appearance as part of our warframe's loadout, 
so we can have matching warframes and ships at all times.

Any chance for a Prisma Machete sold by the Void Trader soon?

Any chance we'll have Syndicate cosmetic skins and/or helmets one day?

Detron got a Void Trader variant, will Brakk be getting one too?

Will Machete receive a Augment mod or buff?
It's currently the weakest weapon in the game, and could use some love.

Will there be Vandal skins for Warframes?
I like the designs of the Vandal weapons, 
but they don't really match any of the warframes.
Would be cool if their colors where changeable, 
or at least there where matching Warframe skins.

Will we ever be getting a male Grineer themed tank/combat warframe with tons of armor?
Hopefully with a Rocket Punch power.

Would be cool is there where optional secondary missions during your main mission.
Like, during a spy mission, a officer could spawn,
and you could go capture him.
If you fail or choose not to do the optimal mission you don't fail your main mission,
it's just a chance at getting extra affinity,
and something to freshen up the game-play a little.

Would be cool for each Relay to get their own Bar where the Void Trader could go.
(he's always talking about wanting you to come to parties he's throwing.)

Would be cool of the Relays could have an Arcade, 
where you can play the different mini games like Happy Zephyr and Wyrmius.

Would be cool if the Relays could have a fighting pit where anyone in the relay can fight each other.

Also, could we get a smaller Kubrow body type?
I want to make a tiny dog, but even the smallest one isn't small enough.

What the hell is this? It's telling me to hold L-Ctrl (thanks a lot for not adding controller button prompts on pc) and tap space to dash. I have no ability to press this button on my controller, crouch will not function on my gamepad in this part of the quest. Forcing me to use controls i'm unfamilliar and uncomfortable with in such an annoying part of the mission has killed all the fun I was having with this quest.

Also DE, can you please learn that while one might like inverted axis on their controller, they might not also want that on their mouse? Is it so hard to have two separate toggles?

Oh this, this is wonderful, fighting this guardian with these controls because you were too incompetent to properly playtest gamepads, and I don't even have the option to quit and continue when you've fixed it. Thanks a lot for flat out ruining this update for me.

Edited by Reynard_Fox

Now that I've calmed down somewhat, here's my two cents...

DE.  I have never encountered a more frustrating, counter-intuitive example of new gameplay from you.  The entire arc involving the 'ravenous' enemies made me leave my chair several times in search of something to punch, (which I didn't find, but hey... figure of speech), and fighting the kuva guards at the end made me question if your play testers were asleep because I was lost trying to figure out what to do there.  Heck, I restarted my game several times after a few rage quits and wondered if there was a way I could just skip the mission altogether while I was stuck in it.  Of course, the REAL reason I was having so much trouble in figuring anything out was that 80% of the time most of my skills wouldn't work and made me think the issues I was having were purely by design.  Fortunately this wasn't the case, but I lost a few hours thinking your dev team had gone completely nuts!

That said, however, the dust has now settled.  Sadly, the bugs in the quest destroyed a lot of the love I had for it, but from an overall standpoint I agree this is better than your efforts with the Second Dream quest, to a point.  Ironically, I felt more for it than for War Within.  Yes, this quest has certainly upped the likeability of our Tenno selves, although I'm a little worried that you're pushing us further away from the concept that the Warframes themselves have personality beyond a new paint job.  I just can't see the Tenno kids replacing that silent protagonist vibe I got before the Second Dream changed that,  and it still feels weird to think I'm supposed to be some teenager rediscovering my super powers.

So!  That all out of the way, I love pretty much everything else.  The art direction and music continues to impress and the new lore is very juicy.  Oh, and I friggin' LOVE love that beautiful last scene on the mountaintop with those clouds!  That is if not one of the finest horizons I have seen in a long time.  Again, huge props to the art department.

36 minutes ago, Aikurisu said:

Now that I've calmed down somewhat, here's my two cents...

DE.  I have never encountered a more frustrating, counter-intuitive example of new gameplay from you.  The entire arc involving the 'ravenous' enemies made me leave my chair several times in search of something to punch, (which I didn't find, but hey... figure of speech), and fighting the kuva guards at the end made me question if your play testers were asleep because I was lost trying to figure out what to do there.  Heck, I restarted my game several times after a few rage quits and wondered if there was a way I could just skip the mission altogether while I was stuck in it.  Of course, the REAL reason I was having so much trouble in figuring anything out was that 80% of the time most of my skills wouldn't work and made me think the issues I was having were purely by design.  Fortunately this wasn't the case, but I lost a few hours thinking your dev team had gone completely nuts!

That said, however, the dust has now settled.  Sadly, the bugs in the quest destroyed a lot of the love I had for it, but from an overall standpoint I agree this is better than your efforts with the Second Dream quest, to a point.  Ironically, I felt more for it than for War Within.  Yes, this quest has certainly upped the likeability of our Tenno selves, although I'm a little worried that you're pushing us further away from the concept that the Warframes themselves have personality beyond a new paint job.  I just can't see the Tenno kids replacing that silent protagonist vibe I got before the Second Dream changed that,  and it still feels weird to think I'm supposed to be some teenager rediscovering my super powers.

So!  That all out of the way, I love pretty much everything else.  The art direction and music continues to impress and the new lore is very juicy.  Oh, and I friggin' LOVE love that beautiful last scene on the mountaintop with those clouds!  That is if not one of the finest horizons I have seen in a long time.  Again, huge props to the art department.

Exactly how do you fight the Kuva guards, because the 

Spoiler

Ability you train to use against them seems to glitch and do nothing except make me go Jack in the Box with my warframe repeatedly.

Other than that and the "ravenous enemy" it's pretty spectacular.

Edited by Sentinel-Wraith
info

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed numerous issues with enemy projectiles being able to affect players through solid objects. Affected enemies are as follows:

• Bombard
  • Corrupted Bombard
  • Manic Bombard
  • Hellion
  • Denial Bursa
  • Drover Bursa
  • Comba/Scrambus
  • Executioner Gorth
  • Executioner Vay Molta
  • Shik Tal
  • Zanuka
  • Jackal
  • Vay Hek Terra Frame
  • Tyl Regor
  • Kela de Thaym

What about the grineer flamethrower units like scorches..... honestly the ones above have never actually affected me (not saying it doesn't happen) but the grineer hitting me through walls with flamethrowers on derelict (and other locations) is a constant annoyance.

What the hell are you supposed to do in that giant Ayatan thing room after the queen mission? I just come to a door that won't open. I've tried all of the new abilities, nothing happens, Is this thing bugged? I can't ever tell if I'm missing something or the developer has screwed up anymore.  Edit: Solved, it just didn't make much sense what to do.

Thanks also for not putting in an option to exit and resume later once it's fixed. I am utterly stuck without any way to quit other than force shutting the game down.

Edited by Reynard_Fox

[DE] Please fix the bug where you get no rewards from completing the quest.... I was exceptionally sad to see that I received nothing...... Anyway. Cinematics and Quest were AWESOME. I may have also come across a bug where when you first see the Golden Maw the game didn't let me sprint until I went a very specific direction, I was surprised that after about 10 tries where i got close to the end that it told me I could sprint. It wouldn't let me before