Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 19: The War Within

[DE]Megan

Need to fix previously opened riven mods being able to be sold as "fresh"  veiled riven mods to a buyer, without the buyer being able to confirm.

Say I unveil a riven mod, and it's for Panthera.  I don't like Panthera, and I know it won't get a good price on the Market.

I spend the kuva to cycle/Veil it again.

I find Bob, who wants to buy an veiled Riven mod, and sell it to him.

Bob buys it from me, unlocks it, finds it's a Panthera mod, when he thought he was buying a mod that could unlock to ANY weapon.  He has no indication during the trade that it has already been "locked" to a weapon he won't care for.

I've tested this with friends; no matter how many times the mod is cycled and made "veiled" , it is locked to the first roll for the weapon, and the buyer has NO idea it happened, unless they look and see that when THEY try to re-roll it, it's already more expensive than it should be.

On 11/13/2016 at 11:28 AM, CaptainEras said:

As a 3 years + player I was hoping for some new planets with new tilesets and challenges.

As it is what we have got  I can't even play, although I have met every requirement.

Looks like it's back to GTA V.

Lol. I'm kinda in a similar situation. back to Destiny, or time to wait for 14 hours for GOW4 and BF1 to download loll

Ok guys.

I had a really strange bug. After I finished "The War Within" Quest, all enemy weakness was changed!!!!

I mean my Weapons are modded well and after that Quest suddenly they were useless. I looked on my Codex and saw completely other weakness stats. 

For example:

An Elite Lancer

• Alloy = Gas+++ Slash+ Electricity+Puncture- Virus- ecc
  • C. Flesh = Ice+, Electricity+ ; Virus-- Slash- ecc

I found on Troopers C. Flesh Impact+++ and  Radiation--

Unfortunately I didn't made a Screenshot of this stats.

I want to know if someone else had this weird Bug?

Edited by Brami_oux

On 11/11/2016 at 8:02 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Faction Invasion Changes: 

Ever since the change to the new Solar Chart in Specters of the Rail, the Invasion system hasn't exactly been exciting or novel. The War Within brings some much needed freshness to this part of the game!

As part of an effort to both repair and refresh the Invasion system, the following changes and additions have been made:

• Prior Sortie Season Vandal and Wraith rewards can now be offered as invasion rewards by the respective faction. 
  • Interception missions have been added into the mix when playing for invading faction.
  • Winning factions will now 'Occupy' the node for up to 24 hours. During this period, the invaders will raid the location for resources towards a mysterious 'Construction Project'
  • The mission type at a particular Invasion node will change every 15 minutes.
  • The progress of an invasion can now lead to a Faction Specific event! Watch closely as the Grineer and Corpus gather enough strength!
  • Factions now pay an additional 1000 Credits each time you run a mission for them on the same node (up to max of 10K).
  • Fixed issues with Invasion missions loading to black and no spawning enemies. 
  • Fixed Invasion progress not counting if a player was in mission during a Hotfix. 
  • Fixed Phorid occupied nodes still showing the underlying bosses. 

can you PLEASE add what mission type an invasion is...high level rescues absolutely suck and take much longer than they should....

In my opinion it was overhyped.

New tileset doesn't make any difference. It was supposed to be stealth, long mission types. What happened is not difference to other tilesets. It doesn't have special drop, it doesn't have assassination mission, doesn't have missions that will attract people to play them. Missions are linger because the map is stretched 3 times to normal map, even though, it starts and ends on the same place in half of the missions.

About new quest I cant say something positive or negative. For warframe it's something new, but looking at the whole game industry it's simply boring. It tells a little bit of story and gives new abilities that can be used only to farm 3 new weapons. No explanation so far how choice that you made during the story will affect you or your abilities. And I also expected the infested door to open. I see it will be in the next updates because Ordis mentioned it.

Other then that, I like changes with sortie and void missions. Hope you guys enjoyed it too. Have a nice day!

9 hours ago, Brami_oux said:

Ok guys.

I had a really strange bug. After I finished "The War Within" Quest, all enemy weakness was changed!!!!

I mean my Weapons are modded well and after that Quest suddenly they were useless. I looked on my Codex and saw completely other weakness stats. 

For example:

An Elite Lancer

• Alloy = Gas+++ Slash+ Electricity+Puncture- Virus- ecc
  • C. Flesh = Ice+, Electricity+ ; Virus-- Slash- ecc

I found on Troopers C. Flesh Impact+++ and  Radiation--

Unfortunately I didn't made a Screenshot of this stats.

I want to know if someone else had this weird Bug?

It's only a bug in the Codex; actual resistances did not change. 

So I have a question; I have a low ranking (MR5) friend who hasn't done any of the missions on Pluto, I taxied them to the mission prior to the sedna junction and completed it, but it's still showing up as "locked" on their end and they can't access the junction. Please tell me this is a bug, please tell me I'm not gonna have to help them through all the junctions from here to timbuktu just to play the new content.

Great quest, good story, pushes the storyline forward, not too sure how useful the opperator mode will be apart from doing things that you are forced to use it for, but overall good.

The bad, though, is that there is too much about it just not spelled out in game. Apparently I have been told that activating opperator mode does not prevent your warframe from being damaged, is that correct? Using your focus keeps your warframe intact, so if this is the case than it is quite counterintuitive. Does the opperator not regen hp despite only having 100 of it? Seems not. Using warframe powers to heal also seems to do nothing. Picking up hp with your warframe, also seemingly nothing; is that really right? The graphical way of showing the use of opperator power is nice, but not very obvious and not very clear. There is no definate divide between the levels as it goes down, it is only a fade from one color/line thickness to another, and that makes things tiresome to work with. Overall this all needs to be spelled out somewhere, and probably fixed so that you won't be stuck at low HP all the time and so that the energy-level graphic is easier to see.

The quest itself has some stuff that needs fixed for clarity sake. In the room where you have to get past the golden maw (or whatever it is called), you can run there. I have been told that if you get to the center of the room (somewhere) the game lets you in on this fact, but it really should be spelled out from the beginning, especially for those who try to skirt the outside of the room and never get to the center where that information is given.

The mad maw machine doesn't take a set amount of time to arrive, you have to wait for it to move far away before trying to get across the bones. This is not clear without many multiple frusterating times of going through the mission, and even then can be hard to pick up on unless you are looking at the right place. This could easily be fixed by having the camera suddenly angle to catch the bone disturbance getting there before grabbing and eating you (all within the cutscene). It would increase the time of the cutscene but that is well worth it to remove the frusteration of "it keeps showing up to eat me at seemingly random intervals and there is nothing I can do controll it."

In that same vein, there needs to be a way to quickly skip the cutscene and loading in that first room with the bones. If you are going to have to learn what to do by trial and error then you need to be able to do repeated attempts quickly. That is basic mechanics for any game where death happens a lot, as that one room definately is.

Finally, I think part of the voice files are switched. When fighting the fat men during the last room with the twin queens after stunning them you are told that their defenses are down, get them; but when you are fighting the queen it seems that (after getting rid of the braids) you are told that they are open to attack, jump through them to get rid of their weapon. (I'm not sure of the exact wording, but that is the basics of it.) It would make much more sense and be much less confusing if those two instructions were switched. As it is you don't know how to get the fat men and it is confusing to be told that the enemy's defenses are down, when they really are not, and to be encouraged to get them when all attempts to attack do nothing. Furthermore it would make much more sense if you use the same attack to disarm the queen after learning and using that pattern on her minions. The instruction to jump through would have made much more sense at the beginning than at the end.

That is what I have to say, hopefully some of it will be of use.

My few cents after playing this for a while. Kuva farming - absurd. New enemies, requiring you to "use" your operator - bS#&$. Thanks DE, I was angry with Void changes and "relic" system. Now, I just lost interest in playing. WIll log in for daily reward, other than that, the game is in full stop for me.

I had to crash my game 3 times during the War Within quest, once because a kuva guard got stuck and was invulnerable, and twice because I could not get back into my warframe and was stuck with 100 (or less) health and no melee weapon.

In either case once I logged back in my daily reward flashed on the screen then took me back to the war within quest.  Now that I'm out of that quest and back in the reguar game, I don't have my daily reward.

I'll also create a support ticket, but wanted to post this as an issue.

Great Story, suck mechanics.

My Riven Mod requirement are broken / impossible. The mod requires that I "find 4 caches without raising any alarms". The problem is all the sabotage missions requires you to arm the alarms in order to complete them. The sabotage missions in the void are completely off limits because you either spawn in the same room as enemies or the enemies are already alerted when you spawn in. In sabotage 2.0 placing the feul cell in the machine and starting the console is counted as alerting the alarms and it removes all the mod's progress. Arming the machine's in the void portal missions and killing the sabotage bosses counts as being alerted so you lose progress. 

Edit: The only way I have found to get around this is to find the caches unaltered then quit the mission please fix this, you shouldn't have to quit any mission in order to fulfill a mission requirement. 

Edited by 73lac7c

Dne 12. 7. 2016 v 13:29 CayceSianan řekl:

Hmm, poslední opravy Hotfix 4 tvrdí, že tento problém vyřešil - a opravdu mi to opravil. Nicméně jsem se změnil na celoobrazovkové hraní.

Pokud někdo z vás před spuštěním zaškrtnul políčko v spouštěči a stále se resetuje, zkuste nejprve spustit Warframe a poté jej změnit na celoobrazovkové hraní. Možná to funguje takhle? 

Edited by jarda36

On 11/11/2016 at 10:02 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Endless Void Fissure Missions Changes & Additions:

Interception, Defense, Survival, and Excavation Endless Void Fissure Missions have been revamped and now function in a new way! 

First, every reward interval can have it's own Relic selected and opened (if you get enough Reactant per interval). 

Secondly, the reward intervals are as follows (for clarity):

Defense: 5 Waves.
Interception: 1 Round.
Survival: 5 Minutes.
Excavation: 200 Cryotic. 

Should you collect the necessary Reactant per interval and open your Relic, a bonus will occur and you will be allowed to re-select a new Relic for the next interval! The bonuses are as follows:

• Every time you open a Relic, you get a pre-determined booster. These boosters stack the longer you stay.  
  • The first interval: 1.25x Affinity.
  • The second interval: 1.25x Credits.
  • The third interval: 1.25x Resources.
  • The fourth interval: 1.25x Resource Drop Rate. 
  • The fifth interval: a random Exceptional Relic (that can be used in the same mission). 
  • The sixth interval: 1.5x Affinity (replaces first).
  • The seventh interval: 1.5x Credits (replaces second).
  • The eighth interval: 1.5x Resources (replaces third).
  • The ninth interval: 1.5x Resource Drop Rate (replaces fourth).
  • The tenth interval: a higher tier random Flawless Relic (that can be used in the same mission). 
  • Once you get to the fifteenth interval, you'll receive a random Radiant Relic (that can be used in the same mission. 
  • Boosters continue to increase every set of intervals and are capped at double (2x).
  • Radiants on every fifth interval past the fifteenth. 
  • Every Relic opened will result in Traces! 

After playing through some of the endless fissure missions... It just feels slow for the ramp-up in rewards. My own personal suggestion would be to tighten the reward windows.

Crunch down from .25x build up to .5, same cap. Combine Resource Amount + Drop rate to the same cycle. Move the free relics to the fourth rotation, and drop the exceptional relic from the rotations. Under what I'm suggesting, it'd look like this:

• First interval, 1.5x affinity
  • Second, 1.5x credits
  • Third, 1.5x resources & resource drop rate
  • Fourth, random flawless relic.
  • Fifth, 2x affinity
  • Sixth, 2x credits
  • Seventh, 2x resources & resource drop rate
  • Eighth, random radiant relic

The reason for this is that, in three runs, you'd get enough traces for a flawless most of the time, anyway--and in seven, enough for a radiant. The other reward rotations [9-11, 13-15], that aren't relics can be whatever it is now [if there is anything], or whatever makes sense. A chunk of credits, in all likelihood...

The reason for this crunching down is that getting through all of these "rotations" takes forever; 3,000 cryotic [100 seconds per 100 cryotic, if defending one at a time, equals 50 minutes. Early on, multiple going at a time is easy... But also ill-advised, due to everyone needing reactant.], 75 minutes in a survival/75 waves in a defense [which will take, in all likelihood, around 90-105~ minutes], or 15 rounds of interception--which, at their fastest, are 3~ minutes per round... Which is unlikely to occur meaningfully, since you want to give enough time for everyone to get traces, and then there's still the act of maintaining point control. At best, 45 minutes, comparable to a moderately-paced, well-executed excavation run... Probably more likely to take 5-6 minutes per round, though, bringing it up to where survival/defense are.

1 minute ago, VelarozDosun said:

After playing through some of the endless fissure missions... It just feels slow for the ramp-up in rewards. My own personal suggestion would be to tighten the reward windows.

Crunch down from .25x build up to .5, same cap. Combine Resource Amount + Drop rate to the same cycle. Move the free relics to the fourth rotation, and drop the exceptional relic from the rotations. Under what I'm suggesting, it'd look like this:

• First interval, 1.5x affinity
  • Second, 1.5x credits
  • Third, 1.5x resources & resource drop rate
  • Fourth, random flawless relic.
  • Fifth, 2x affinity
  • Sixth, 2x credits
  • Seventh, 2x resources & resource drop rate
  • Eighth, random radiant relic

The reason for this is that, in three runs, you'd get enough traces for a flawless most of the time, anyway--and in seven, enough for a radiant. The other reward rotations [9-11, 13-15], that aren't relics can be whatever it is now [if there is anything], or whatever makes sense. A chunk of credits, in all likelihood...

The reason for this crunching down is that getting through all of these "rotations" takes forever; 3,000 cryotic [100 seconds per 100 cryotic, if defending one at a time, equals 50 minutes. Early on, multiple going at a time is easy... But also ill-advised, due to everyone needing reactant.], 75 minutes in a survival/75 waves in a defense [which will take, in all likelihood, around 90-105~ minutes], or 15 rounds of interception--which, at their fastest, are 3~ minutes per round... Which is unlikely to occur meaningfully, since you want to give enough time for everyone to get traces, and then there's still the act of maintaining point control. At best, 45 minutes, comparable to a moderately-paced, well-executed excavation run... Probably more likely to take 5-6 minutes per round, though, bringing it up to where survival/defense are.

this is what it should be...most players DO NOT want to go more than 30-40 minutes anyways...and most players cant even get near 75 especially in a pug (looking at survivals, as that is what i play most)

Just now, xcynderx said:

this is what it should be...most players DO NOT want to go more than 30-40 minutes anyways...and most players cant even get near 75 especially in a pug (looking at survivals, as that is what i play most)

That was a very quick reply. XD But yeah, this is after playing through so many of these "Endless Fissure" missions.... They don't seem worth it in their current iteration. Too slow. On top of that, it's a lot of relics to burn to get that high.

Additionally, there's all the time spent in the 'pause' screens, picking the rewards and then everyone picking their next relic--with another delay afterwards, before the mission recommences. On average, I'd say about 20 seconds per relic rotation. Add mission time on top of that and it just gets ugly...

Что делать,если в квесте  у стражей не отнимаются жизни?
Сначала думал, что делаю что-то не так, но потом посмотрел ролик-прохождение, начал делать так-же , но ничего не изменилось, из-за этого не могу поиграть нормально, ведь надо сначала пройти квест

Edited by Komar603

I have a bug or not sure what to call it to be stated. So let's start. I do have all the junctions completed, I am indeed mastery rank 11 and I do have all the main quests completed. I did get the War Within quest. Did start it and the first mission is Investigate on Lua. Now my problem is the following: I have started. I went to the objective. Nothing happened even if I stoof on the objective marker. I went on youtube and saw someone for that part (didn't want to spoil it for myself) I should be getting a cutscene or a conversation. But I do not get anything. I'd like to ask DE for some help. I tried restarting the game. Restarting the mission. Restarting my PC. Nothing changed. Still can't do anything because It's stuck there. Thanks for the reply! (If you did) Have a nice day.

The RNG on Riven Mods is to much.  This is why I hate RNG systems like this.  There are 24 possible stats that can show up on a riven mod and it can have 2 to 4 stats on it.  So lets work with the worst case 4 stats.  Now assuming stats can not repeat getting the 4 stats you want is:

24 * 23 * 22 * 21 = 255024

So to just get the 4 stats you want on a mod it's 1 in 255024 chances.  Now this does not take into consideration that 1 of the stats can be negative which makes problems worse.  But I'm going to ignore that fact and move on to the fact that each stat has a range.  I don't know what the range on each stat is but i do know it's an increment of point one.  So you may get lets say heat damage of 6.8, 7.3, 10.1, 10.8, or 11.8 so on and so forth.  For this example since i do not know the min and max for each stat I will use a 5 point variation for all stats.  Do some seem to have more that that yes do some have less of a range yes but for this example I going to use a range of 5 with a .1 increment.  This means each stat has 51 possible numbers: 5, 5.1, 5.2 all the way to 10.

24 stats * 51 range = 1224

Now again this is not taking into consideration that all stats can be negative.  Now i will apply this range to see what the odd of getting the perfect roll.

24 * 51 = 1224

23 * 51 = 1173

22 * 51 = 1122

21 * 51 = 1071

1224 * 1173 * 1122 * 1071 = 1,725,288,619,824

So the odds of getting the perfect roll are 1 in 1,725,288,619,824 and since there is no way to control what gets re-rolled and what does not that is the odds every time you roll.  So simply put if you are shooting for just 4 stats it's 1 in 255,024 while if you want the perfect roll well good luck.  There are ways to make the system better but they all involve giving the players control over what stats re-roll and how. 

The easiest way is to let the players lock stats they like and only re-roll the ones they don't.  This will cut down the odds of getting the stat combination that are ideal for how you want to play considerably.  Just locking 1 stat will drop the odds of getting 3 more that you want to 1 in 10626 and if you lock 2 stats it will drop to 1 in 462 and locking 3 will drop it to 1 in 21.  Simply doing that will let people get the stat combination they want on there weapon much easier.

The last thing to address is the range of each stat.  The easy thing would be to just have them be static but there are better options.  The best option is to allow the players to re-roll the % they get.  This way there is still some randomness to it but it allows the players to work towards making the riven mod they have better.  Now each of these options will cost more Kuva to use so say 250 to lock a stat + the base Kuva then require more to start re-rolling the %s.  So do something like (base cost) + (lock cost) + (% re-roll cost).  This way the player always feels like they are working towards something instead of just playing the one armed bandit all the time.

The Riven system is interesting but is poorly implemented.  The best way to make old weapons better would be to make the weapons more balanced by bringing them more in line with better damage weapons.  If the system where to get a full overhaul it could be fun and I hope it gets to where it needs to be before any more riven mods are added.  Lastly remove the cap on the number of riven mod players can have at a give time wanting to give players more options then limiting how many of those options you can have just seems silly. 

Edited by Armetage

1 hour ago, Armetage said:

The Riven system is interesting but is poorly implemented. 

It's a slot machine: throw coin, pull the lever, pray RNGesus  for jackpot.

I think, DE opened Pandora's box with Riven Mods, and no easy solution now.

This update crashes my Warframe every time I try to update, I disabled the DirectX 10 & 11, varied and optimized my Cache, disabled 64-Bit Mode, bulk download, aggressive download, launcher GPU acceleration, multi-threaded rendering, and used three different Warframe downloads. Steam, the Warframe website, and CyberGhost. Any ideas please?

On 12.11.2016 at 5:02 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed some general behaviour with enemies regarding awareness of their environment:

• Nullifiers now notice and investigate their bubble taking damage 
  • Enemies will notice and investigate corpses
  • Enemies affected by Coolant Leak will notice that they've been frozen/slowed

you'd think something that major to ranged stealth kills without a invisible frame would have gotten a tad more highlighting or at least some mod for weapons to vaporize corpses in return for a mod slot :<