Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] Endless Void Fissure Missions Feedback

[DE]Danielle

I was hoping for more void traces, but it is the same as in a normal mission.  The only difference now is I can also get relics as a reward while doing the mission.  I can spam capture, exterminate, and rescue missions faster then doing a single round of interception ad it is a lot easier

I have spent the whole day playing endless fissures missions today, I find them very rewarding and highly annoying, due to people forcing an extract after a relic has been commited to the next cycle, please consider a feature that falls next to the "Play without relic" button , a " Solo Extract " button, to prevent people being a victim like me and losing 19 radiant relics

far too less void traces when doing a solo interception - also, no more "kill the rest" at rounds end int those fissure runs. i often end up with 4-6 traces only - and that when trying to max. out the time of a round (100% vs ~95%). if you intend to NOT make interception playable in solo, then say so and prevent a solo run on them - else, this a waste of our time.

System is garbage:

1) Get dropped into a mission in progress, you won't get enough reactants in first 5 waves to open a relic

2) Do excavations, don't get enough reactants in time before relic click-over

3) Not enough time to choose reactants, you need to map out which you're taking into mission before you play, annoying; miss selection and that's another 5 rounds of nothing

Needs major conceptual fixes

This is my intial feedback, a few things changed since I wrote this and I will add a footnote to cover these

To my mind, these are great changes. Players are actually taking Endless Fissure missions further than the first milestone. In fact 5 to 8, or even 10 milestones is not as unusual now, if the team is good enough to get there. I have also read that DE actively want to encourage people to take endless missions further - presumably because very high milestones in endless is as close to a skill-based end game as WF can get right now, and everyone likes endless missions, right? - and these changes all help that tremendously.

However they are not enough. I'd like to add a few points of feedback of where I see the Endless Fissures lacking that little bit of pure gameplay magic that will make players sit up, take notice and play these things repeatedly to 50 waves, 100 waves, the sky's the limit! [Note I am going to be talking mostly about Defence, as that is my favourite mission type].

Variety: It is rather sad that only one enemy type appears on each of the Defence maps. If it's Helene it's Grineer; if it is Sinei it's Corpus etc. This should be mixed up more so that the enemy type (and perhaps level range) is random on each, giving more varied gameplay.

Reward: the current milestone buffs are good but still not enough to make all players want to go as far as they can; and thus actually think carefully about what they bring to the team. 50 to 100 waves of Defence is a big commitment, and the reward needs to be proportional to the time involved and the teamwork and skill required. Make no mistake, Sorties are a gentle walk in the park compared to late game Endless.

Fun Factor: The fun buff the player gets for cracking a relic is now meaningful, because it lasts until the next relic is cracked (usually) - meaning it lasts through 5 waves of Defence for example. This results in some tremendously fun gameplay. Inifinite ammo/no reload for your Tonkor through 5 waves of defence is incredibly fun. And the Warframe buff (increased Power Range and Power Strength), stacks if you are lucky enough to get that one for a few relics in a row! I had Frost on Helene and my Ice Bubble ended up larger than the entire Helene map, so you could not even see it. Every enemy in play was in the bubble and thus frozen. It was extremely fun and all sorts of fun gameplay possibilities that players will have never experienced before can result from this. [see footnote]

Footnote: Sadly, since I first wrote the above, DE seem to have decided that the relic buff lasting until the next relic is cracked was a BUG. Now this no longer happens and all relic buffs are timed for 2 minutes or less. If this was indeed a bug fix, it was a huge step backwards in my book as this was a major source of fun in the endless fissures. I have also noted that people's willingness to take endless fissures far has again diminished to 2 or 3 milestones, presumably as a result of this bugfix, which is just depressing. This is a great shame, but I guess just strengthens DE's development motto "NO FUN ALLOWED".

Edited by GhostlightX

1st. they have to do something with the Reactants in ENDLESS Missions. i would remove them and give everyone every 5 Minutes an Amount of Traces and everey Rotation if relic is activated a Prime part. it is not so rewarding at the moment to make an endless run if i can go to another ending mission and farming reactants. it would be great if they would make there a difference. for example u have one full C rotation but at this 20 Waves, Minutes u have to farm 10 Reactants. so make the reactant farming not so important and annoying every 5 minutes, waves, etc. in defense it is acceptable if they give a Reactant buff but in Survival and Excavation it can be really annoying.

2nd. i would make the Endless mission spawns splitted from the ending missions. so for every Endless mission types i would make 2 missions per type for example:

2 Survival 2 defense 2 excavation 2 inception. and the timer is only for the location and the Tier.

There was a time when I'd sit in the Derelict with my Penta (pre-nerf) and farm for HOURS! Literally falling asleep waking up running into a wall all for the very slim chance of getting anything useful. NOW I get to wake up running into walls realizing I'm a few reactant short of opening my relic for something I want!! :)

There is always going to be some level of monotony in any scenario like these. I think the only way to really spice it up is with easter eggs, teasers and spoilers. But what does that mean? Well one way all of our missions are "spiced" up is through the evasion system from the syndicates and the evil santa claus himself, you guessed it the Stalker! Dropping off his equivalent to coal to each lucky player in a mission...I mean really how many Dreads does the system generate in a week?! But what makes this frustrating situation fun is that it's literally a complete diversion to whatever the mission is.

I'd suggest continuing this theme in different ways, maybe you need to chase down clem because...well because he's clem! Or maybe we see glimpse of future frames, teasers that break us away from the endless cycle we've selected that adds to the game's story. I mean...I really wouldn't mind doing a survial mission that allows me to chase down something...that may drop some fun loot or even a defense mission where the objective changes into a giant flaming throwing truck and attacks your enemies!!! 

In all I love this new endless relic system you have going on and think that there are obvious tweeks to mechanics that need to happen (reactant drop rate and pickup) and then there are the "what makes it fun after wave 20" things that will continue to pop up...its all about clemistry though. Thnx for the game. 

Please increase the reactant drop so people won't short on reactant and can't choose the reward at the end of each wave. Such as, in excavation mission, finishing 2 excavator is really fast (or at least change it to 3 or 4).

And I want to propose an idea to change the recent endless buff system. Instead of choosing new relic each wave, player will have an option to discard the reward and keep using the same relic to crack another time (4 time max) and receive extra 5% drop chance (works like refinement). Keeping the reward will reset the next relic drop chance. I think this will help people farm their desired one easier and have more purpose to run an endless void mission.

On 11/12/2016 at 0:08 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Defense: 5 Waves.
Interception: 1 Round.
Survival: 5 Minutes.
Excavation: 200 Cryotic. 

Defense have enuff spawn to drop reactant to new joiners.

Survival, unless u join at start, you worn't have enuff for first 5mins.

Not sure abt Excavation (nt enuff runs as of yet)

Interception, un-sure.

I just run some endless fissure but every time I pick the reward that the other player got the one the give it to me at the end of the mission is the one that my relic had

EX my relic had forma and the other player had prime parts . I pick the prime parts but I still got the forma instead

now im moving toward removing RNG from reactant drop and making them a guarenteed from converted enemies and enemies that come out of the tear. why put RNG on top of a limit? you limit reactant collection to open a relic to 10 then you put RNG on its drops from fissure enemies? i should never be able to go a whole round in endless with 0 reactants. you fixed exterminate by increasing the drop rate and fissure tear spawn but you did nothing to other missions types.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

7 hours ago, MiniAchiles said:

I just run some endless fissure but every time I pick the reward that the other player got the one the give it to me at the end of the mission is the one that my relic had

EX my relic had forma and the other player had prime parts . I pick the prime parts but I still got the forma instead

Confirming this bug is still present.
This should be an urgent fix, because it's significantly impacting the whole point of running relics with others.

Getting a freeze bug at relic select mid-wave, happened to all of us when the host extracted at the end of the wave, lost our reward from the previous wave because we all had to ctrl-alt-del out of Warframe. Whole game just hard froze except for chat.

I gotta say the number of bugs in WF that have just been piling up because of their desire to fast release stuff is just killing my enjoyment of the game.

The drop chance for reactants, especially in Interception need to be increased / fixed /doubled....smt.

Defense, interception, excavation....its so infuriating when you have to try not to do the objective so you can collec enough reactants. Its slowing the game down and its not fun.

heres some feedback on interception endless. currently  there is a big issue about not getting the relic cracked open during current time limit since sometimes we blow threw the mission keeping all of the nodes in our control  and the reactant barely drops for us. maybe increase it to having to have 2 waves done or something alone that lines. maybe even throw a void interference thing during each thing that slows the  mission down a bit till everyone gets their relics.  its ether that or just not including interception in endless void mode or just drop it from the void fissure mission table period. so take your pick

Edited by maddragonmaster

I needed some reactant, and since I had a surprising surplus of Neo Relics, I decided to do a defense mission on Uranus.  @lokialeph, @Stray3d, and @jroddie were my allies.  jroddie in particular had a great suggestion, but said they were too lazy to post it, so I'm doing it on their behalf.

Instead of being unable to pick up or see excess Void Reactant, they suggested converting it into Void Traces.

Now for all I know DE has already tried this and found it too much.  However, considering how hard it is to attain Void Traces (and how few we recieve when we do get them), it might be a nice idea.  Now the Reactant could disappear after each reward is revealed (every 2 excavators, every 5 defense waves, every 5 survival minutes), so as not to make the missions too easy.  If there's still too many traces being earned, maybe have there be a 50% chance that the extra reactant would turn into a trace.  And, depending on the relic era, it could drop up to 4 traces at Axi era.

Picking up reactant in an endless defense is completely counter-productive, because you want to kill the enemies as fast as possible, and not run around and collect those all over the map (not to mention sometimes they are being stuck in objects and walls, which makes picking them up completely impossible). There is also an issue with waiting for enemies to become corrupted in order to ensure the drop of 10 reactants, mostly on the 1st 5-10 waves. They should just be auto-picked for every player when they drop (and not auto-picked if the player is marked afk, obviously).

On the bright side, playing this mode is actually fun after ~40-50 waves, it's a shame though that you have to wait ~40 minutes to start having fun.

I'm not gonna lie - I haven't read ALL the comments here so I'm not sure if it was covered yet or not - but during the endless mission reward/relic/continue selection process, I'd like to suggest the order be changed. For example - Defense: upon completion, there is a 5 second count down, to select a reward, then the option to continue, then people select the next relic. I would recommend changing the order from reward selection, next relic selection then the option to continue. Many times have people either AFK'd or not chosen a relic for the next 5 waves limiting my (and others) rewards selections. but I can't leave the mission if only 2 or 3 people chose to use a relic for the next set of waves. If one or more people would like to run the mission with no relic, I'd like the option to back out please.