Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] Sorties Changes/Additions Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Spoiler
  • Endo (4K) 
  • Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance and spread across new additions) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma
  • Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
  • Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
  • Legendary Core

Please note regarding these changes that we took the large 2000 Endo chances and chopped/reassigned to give a more diverse set of options to have variety of other rewards. We are aiming to make the full drop table more broadly appealing. When The War Within launched, we added Rivens to Sorties as a common drop to be the new, interesting, and unique evergreen goal for players in Sorties.  Rivens remain common with these changes as we see them as the ultimate goal for Sorties. Regarding Nitain specifically, the majority of our recently active players have less than 9 Nitain in their accounts and there is considerable interest in some new ways to acquire, so we are trying out Sorties as an option. A next step here is being considered to add a completely new Ayatan in the place of 2K Endo to give collectors and Endo hunters something to look forward to. 

I have mixed feelings about the current rewards listing.  Personally, I actually feel making endo very rare is terrible.  I have so many primed mods to max, and I'd rather lenses be rare and endo more common!  In addition, nitain needs to be removed immediately.  It's not hard to get nitain.  I have 87 nitain as of writing this post!  I also think forma needs to be removed, or increased to x3-5 of the item as getting forma BPs and making them is excessively easy already and it doesn't really belong in a sortie.  In addition, the exilus adaptor BP needs to be a built one.  It's super easy to get the BPs from Cephalon Simaris, and getting a BP is basically an insult when it requires building 2 formas and going argon hunting.  

I am fully against adding an ayatan to the drop table instead of endo though.  I find it absolutely unacceptable to have to both use up ayatan stars and then PAY Maroo to blow up the statue just to get my endo.

The rest of the rewards seem just fine, but I have a further suggestion that would solve most of your problems with player feelings on the rewards.  Remove the endo rewards from the drop table altogether and instead make it so that a player is presented a reward option screen where they can either opt to keep their item reward, or they can select a 2000/4000 endo reward based upon what rarity their regular reward was.  This fully removes the endo vs items debate, makes every player have a choice for what they would prefer, and removes concerns mostly about things like forma and nitain being in there, though there are still issues with table dilution, though removing the endo rewards as direct rewards help with this issue a lot.

Here's my thoughts after the recent changes:

Remove 2k endo and either keep 4k or up it to 5k.

Remove lens and place them into Lua tileset as a drop or even a reward for doing the spy missions noone ever does there or even make them an invasion reward.

Remove the 3 day boosters if we really wanted them we'd buy them from the market or wait for baro to being them.

Remove the Exilus Adapter BP from the tables I mean seriously we can get them from Simaris using the standing from a long forgotten system.

Forma? This should be increased to at least 3 as Forma is easily obtained from fissures and to get only 1 from sorties is a bit of a smack in the face to people who have stockpiled them.

Lets be honest the only reason people are back to doing sorties and you want to get players to use old weapons over the meta. Already due to terrible RNG players are becoming less interested in sorties again.

After a straight week of nothing but lenses and one (1) forma, I'm done. Not going to bother running even the fastest of these anymore as these rewards are insultingly bad. Lenses are garbage, boosters are garbage, nitain is garbage, forma is garbage, exilus adapter BLUEPRINTS (lmao why on earth would you waste 2 forma on this) are garbage, literally the only things in the table that I can even use are Rivens and endo.

Regular drops in sortie missions are better than most sortie rewards. They might as well add alloy plate and control modules as rewards at this point.

Edited by Racter

Removal Feedback:

-Remove 3 nitain(none asked for it to be added in sorties in 1st place)

-Remove 2k endo(Not worth the effort since sortie rewards are on 24 hour cycle)

-Remove Exilus BP(Should be a fully made one)

General Feedback:

-Rivens are still rare despite being a common

-Dont add stupid things to dilute reward table for no reason!

-Token system as many have suggested would be the best solution.

Alright. I've been playing sorties for a few days and red a majority of the comments already (They started to follow a pattern by page 4), so here's my two bits.

1. No consistent curve: How much are sorties worth? They have no consistent difficulty curve due to RNG maps, factions, missions, and conditions. I don't even attempt them some times because I take a good, hard look at some and say "yeah, not worth it today." Now, I'm content with this problem, but it's the rewards that make it a thorn is the rewards.
  2. Poor Pricing: Again, how much is getting your kubrow killed on a mission you failed any way worth? Because whoever made the drop table doesn't know the value of in game items. This is blatantly clear with two different endo rewards, and I remember a few pages back that someone went in to further detail about this.
  3. Insulting variety: I'm ok with Endo. Sure, I don't need it now, but I know I'll need it with rivens. But giving two different endo rewards, one clearly better than the other, is one of the biggest insults I've seen in a video game, and that's including Hello Game's three month silence after No Man's Sky dropped. It's one thing to give someone a reward they don't want, but it's another thing to give them something that's even less worthless to you. It just spreads salt in the wounds of their disappointment.
  4. Greater Lenses: A lot of people seem to not want lenses. I respectfully disagree. Even if they're the ones I don't need, I could still stockpile them to sell in sets of four... then greater lenses were added, and they're doing nothing but collecting dust because I can't even trade them.
  5. Mundane Rewards: Now, I'm just speaking for myself here, but I don't do sorties for forma: I could get five with the right relics and less effort and rage. I don't want Nitain: I'm patent enough to wait for the alerts. I don't want Reactors: I can get them every two weeks, on top of that, I have enough for several new warframes stockpiled already. I don't want an Exilus Aadapter: That's what Simaris missions are for. I want the thing's you CAN'T get outside of sorties, like lenses and as of recent, riven mods.
  6. Uneven Drop Chances: I can put up with relics because I can adjust their drop chances and play them as many times as I want. With sorties however, I get this impending feeling of futility. Why bother doing them? You're probably not going to get what you want anyway. And making some items more common than others only adds to this until I eventually see it as a waste of my time that I could be using for something more productive.

Please remove the Nitain :( make more Nitain alerts if people are having a hard time farming it?

I know there was an actual note from Space Mom saying 2k endo chance is "DRASTICALLY" reduced, but it's still the most common drop I've been getting...I also agree with endo not exactly being a bad thing, but why can't it just be flat out 4k, and not 2k OR 4k?

On a positive note, I do like what was done with Nezha, and I do appreciate that we can now get things more than once like lenses. I would like to +1 the idea of putting lenses on Lua though; spy missions maybe? I think it would give people more incentive to go to that planet other than for defense and farming sentients specifically just for Vengeful Revenant. Either way, thank you for the changes; I know it was done with good intentions :) I hope you guys listen to our most recent feedback on the changes though!

After playing with the changes for a few days... I absolutely hate nitain with a burning passion. Have gotten 9 nitain since the change and have had nothing to use it on for a long time now.

Before the changes for some reason I didn't think nitain would make me seethe as much as it does... but the first 2 rewards post change made it painfully clear to me.

I've come to realise that I don't actually want to get a single Rare reward from Sorties or half the Uncommons.  Most of those rewards are things I see elsewhere as guaranteed rewards (e.g. Nitain, Reactors, Catalysts) and sometimes pass up the opportunity to get because I don't feel like doing that mission.  If I'm going to pass on a guaranteed Reactor from three relatively simple Invasion Missions, why would I be wanting to get one from three high level missions with added conditions?  Similarly, I don't think I have ever felt a need for Nitain so great as to make me bother with a high level Defence or Interception alert so why would I be happy to get it  from doing more difficult Sortie missions?  But the thing that really seemed amusingly ironic to me is that it is the Rare and Uncommon stuff I will be disappointed by!  I run Sorties when possible (real life permitting) because I want Riven mods and Lenses that aren't rewards from any other missions.  I'm sure I'll sound crazy here but I'm not even that fussed about Legendary Cores.  The drop chance is so low that I barely even consider them but, while I would be happy to receive one, ultimately they aren't that special since they just equate to a large amount of Endo and credits, which I can get elsewhere.

What I would like to see as a change to Sortie rewards would be the option to choose to 'downgrade' your reward to something higher on the list.  The reward list in current order is:-

• 2000 Endo
  • Rifle Riven Mod
  • Focus Lens
  • Greater Focus Lens
  • 4000 Endo
  • 3 Nitain Extract
  • Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
  • Forma
  • Orokin Catalyst Blueprint
  • Orokin Reactor Blueprint
  • Legendary Core

So my idea is that someone, on completing the Sortie, would get a random roll that sets how far down the list they can choose from.  For sake of example let's say they get Forma, if they want it they can accept that or they could choose anything above it such as Nitain if they need it or a Riven Mod or 4000 Endo etc.  If someone is looking for Lenses for a specific school they'd even be able to pass a Greater Lens for a different school in hope of re-rolling for a normal Lens of the school they want. (Maybe handy for new players who now can't get free Lenses until after TWW and are stuck with just the one between that and Second Dream).  Those who need Nitain will be able to get it more reliably (by passing up on the four Rare rewards if they come up) while those who've run out of uses for Nitain wont feel like they've wasted their time as they can swap it for 4000 Endo, a Greater Lens or Riven Mod.

Common rewards: 

- Riven Mod

- 4k Endo

Uncommon rewards:

- Lens pack [1 for each focus school]

- Reactor+Catalyst+Exilus+forma[built pls]

- 3 day booster

Rare Reward: 

- Greater lens pack[1 for each focus school]

Legendary Reward: 

- Legendary core

Increase total sortie missions to 5.

Something like this please ?

with all my disrespect, change the reward system, not the rewards. why should we bother doing this endgame content for S#&$ that may not even worth doing 1/3 missions? end rewards should be exclusive, like arcanes from raids only. if you want to throw non-exclusive S#&$ at us, there are 2/3 empty missions, fill them with trash and save an actual reward for the last one. WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING REWARDED ANYWAY?! if i'm getting S#&$ that can be earned somewhere else i'm not rewarded at all, i've wasted my time for nothing.

First of all, I've found no Rivens thus far. TWW gave me that one and that's it. (Thanks RNG).

That out of the way, I have no problem with the 2k endo reward itself.

If the basic reward teir is 'Endo, Riven, Lens' I would be happy if they made it a checkbox affair where every one of those you go checked a box. When you get one, you can't get it again until you've checked all three boxes which would reset that tier. You can't get the 2k endo until you've received your next lens and next Riven. 

There you go, you've made certain that another 2k endo will not be seen until that player sees the 'equally common' Riven.

You know guys, you can tell us to put our rage in a bottle as long as you want, but this is bloody infuriating.

Before 19.1 I played maybe 3 or 4 sorties and got 2 rivens out of them. Not bad, eh? Well, that seems were too good for DE to not take notice.

After 19.1, which was supposed to "make the full drop table more broadly appealing" I played every single sortie and got grand total of 0 rivens. I got every crap out of there, lenses, endo, borderline insulting nitain and straight up insulting exilus blueprint

You know what? If your purpose were to destroy any desire to run this missions and just use platinum as a mean to acquire riven, then congrats - you accomplished this task.I'm frustrated to the max, and I'm officially done with this bs till droptables will be fixed to something that makes sense.

I don't wanna bother to leave any specific suggestions here, because you already have plenty here. Take any of them, anything will be better.

Edited by Khranitel

Maybe give us 1 reroll a week to do the sorties again, maybe all on level 100, or each mission having all the conditions from the first round of sorties to get a different reward within the same tier.. cause with a 200k reserve i'de like another option when i get any kind of endo than "crap, better luck tomorrow."

That being said, I'm overall pleased with the changes, and i dont want to sound like im complaining too much. i just wanted to give input on maybe another option.

Though if i can receive the same lens multiple times as a reward i would not be super thrilled with that. Haven't actually that investigated though.

8 hours ago, Khranitel said:

You know guys, you can tell us to put our rage in a bottle as long as you want, but this is bloody infuriating.

Before 19.1 I played maybe 3 or 4 sorties and got 2 rivens out of them. Not bad, eh? Well, that seems were too good for DE to not take notice.

After 19.1, which was supposed to "make the full drop table more broadly appealing" I played every single sortie and got grand total of 0 rivens. I got every crap out of there, lenses, endo, borderline insulting nitain and straight up insulting exilus blueprint

You know what? If your purpose were to destroy any desire to run this missions and just use platinum as a mean to acquire riven, then congrats - you accomplished this task.I'm frustrated to the max, and I'm officially done with this bs till droptables will be fixed to something that makes sense.

I don't wanna bother to leave any specific suggestions here, because you already have plenty here. Take any of them, anything will be better.

i feel ur pain mate....

right after TWW released i got 3 rivens from sorties....

after those changes on the drop table the only things i got was one lense and the rest was always 2k ENDO....

its been almost 3 weeks now and todays sortie gave me what? hehe right.... the good old 2k endo...

im done with sorties for now until i get a proper reward for putting this kind of effort into a mission..... some of those sorties take more than 30 minutes to complete and i get nothing but endo for 3 weeks straight.... what an insult.... 

Edited by ..-Hayden-Tenno-..

Yep, 11 days straight, and no Riven mod...

It's pretty frustrating to do the sorties every single day, and get something you don't care about. Over..and over....and over.

Every other reward can be acquired by some other means, except for the one reward everyone wants that is a "common" drop...Riven.

Now imagine how frustrated I'll be once I finally get a Riven, for a weapon that who knows if I care about, spend a week farming kuva to pay for the cycling costs that get absurdly high, and blow it all on +zoom, -recoil, or healing enemy sort of rolls. But I suppose that's a whole different issue.

Received a total of 12 nitain so far from sorties and each time it happens it feels like a punch in the d***. Remove it already!

I might not care all that much for some of the other drops, but nitain is literally WORTHLESS as an ENDGAME DROP for many players. It's not a normal resource. It's not like orokin cells, neurodes, or neural sensors where you need a constant supply for lots of different items and consumables. You need about 100 nitain to craft EVERY item that needs it, and once you've got it, it loses ALL value.

At least 2k endo or a forma feel like a consolation prize. Endo and forma might not be that great of a reward, but they're atleast always useful. Whenever nitain gets dropped it gets chucked in the corner and forgotten about.

Edited by Biscotchi
Added more.