• Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
  • Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
  • Legendary Core

New Sortie Rewards:

Spoiler
Spoiler
  • Riven Mod 
  • Endo (4K) 
  • Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance and spread across new additions) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma
  • Legendary Core

Please note regarding these changes that we took the large 2000 Endo chances and chopped/reassigned to give a more diverse set of options to have variety of other rewards. We are aiming to make the full drop table more broadly appealing. When The War Within launched, we added Rivens to Sorties as a common drop to be the new, interesting, and unique evergreen goal for players in Sorties.  Rivens remain common with these changes as we see them as the ultimate goal for Sorties. Regarding Nitain specifically, the majority of our recently active players have less than 9 Nitain in their accounts and there is considerable interest in some new ways to acquire, so we are trying out Sorties as an option. A next step here is being considered to add a completely new Ayatan in the place of 2K Endo to give collectors and Endo hunters something to look forward to. 

5 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited Sortie Reward Changes:

Previously:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Endo (2K) 
  • Endo (4K) 
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Riven Mod
  • Lens/Greater Lenses
  • Legendary Core

New Sortie Rewards:

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Riven Mod 
  • Endo (4K) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma
  • Legendary Core

Please note regarding these changes that we took the large 2000 Endo chances and chopped/reassigned to give a more diverse set of options to have variety of other rewards. We are aiming to make the full drop table more broadly appealing. When The War Within launched, we added Rivens to Sorties as a common drop to be the new, interesting, and unique evergreen goal for players in Sorties.  Rivens remain common with these changes as we see them as the ultimate goal for Sorties. Regarding Nitain specifically, the majority of our recently active players have less than 9 Nitain in their accounts and there is considerable interest in some new ways to acquire, so we are trying out Sorties as an option. A next step here is being considered to add a completely new Ayatan in the place of 2K Endo to give collectors and Endo hunters something to look forward to. 

Perhaps endo per sortie as a reward for each end of mission reward 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 and Leave endo out of the 3/3 grand prize? :) In case something goes bad with the drop tables again in the future. Endo as a grand prize for 3/3 was very unbalanced and it's good to see the issue has been looked at and fixed, I just have strong concerns for the future I really like the new additions to the rewards and now that we have Riven mods it would feel even worse if the endo curse was to come back in the future O_O.

Very good to see some much needed chance though :D

Edited by main_antagonist

Nitain in sorties feels rather annoying and a disheartening reward to get since Nitain has a very low ceiling, not that much need it, rather, a Daily or every so often 24h Nitain alert would easily fix the issue with it, as it would easily pile up without having to hunt down alerts that only last so very little in a day if you aren't always on a computer. I understand that many players need it, but it's the least useful reward in Sorties now, everything there has a much higher usage ceiling. I didn't mind 2k endo, I can use that, but Nitain will eventually just be even more frustrating to get, it will pile up and go nowhere once you hit the ceiling, and more stuff to keep up with that will only make matters worse. Plus, Nitain in sorties isn't a sure way to get it, so it will be frustrating in multiple ways, because it's not certain to get or because you get it and doesn't need more of the stuff.
I just honestly think there's better ways to give people nitain instead of making the least useful reward in the long run in sorties.

Exilus Adapter Blueprint also feels like a bad choice, you can get the blueprint in a specific place unlike potatoes (you can get standing any time, but potato alert/invasion are random), getting it won't feel like you got something rare because if you want to grind for them, you can, however if it was a crafted Exilus it would be fine.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

24 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

New Sortie Rewards:

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  • Riven Mod 
  • Endo (4K) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma
  • Legendary Core

1. The bigger issue with Sorties wasn't that people don't actually WANT Endo, it's that they want other things: namely, Riven mods. You bring in this new game mechanic then lock it behind hideous RNG (RNG on what sorties you're playing, RNG on what reward you get (ridiculously high chance for 2,000 endo), RNG on what WEAPON the Riven is for, RNG on what stats you got, RNG on the value of the stats, RNG on Kuva siphon even SPAWNING (WHY did you think 30% chance of Kuva spawning, 70% of that Rusalka mission you're running being completely useless and a legitimate waste of your players' time was a good thing?), RNG on the reroll of the Riven mod. 
The system was, and still is, terrible. All this change done is obfuscate the issues you made and distract everyone with small changes, and those changes are flawed too.

2. Forma? One forma. One complete forma. That's it? For three high level missions? If most of your playerbase doesn't have nitain then they probably don't have a lot of forma too, since it requires a blueprint from relics AND a collection of rare resources. Further, 3-day boosters? Those cost 40 plat. You know what's almost 40 plat in value? 3 fully built forma from the market

One fully built forma is a terrible reward.

3. Exilus Adapter BLUEPRINT? I gave you the benefit of the doubt with the announcement of these changes, assuming you would realize how insanely bad a reward this BLUEPRINT is. We can get that blueprint from Cephalon Simaris any time we want, and it's not eventhat expensive (50k Simaris standing is easily possible in 2-4 days for any player who is at least MR 10, which they can easily reach and should be by the time they start caring about the adapters). Further, this blueprint requires 2 forma to craft. TWO FORMA> 

4. " When The War Within launched, we added Rivens to Sorties as a common drop"
I really don't believe that. There was never an uproar about how often people we're getting 2,000 endo right when a sortie season started because the drop rate wasn't insanely stacked toward endo. A few outliers having a large number of rivens doesn't show that the drop rate was common. They were so uncommon (and so laughably overpowered at launch) that they were generating huge platinum trade value in the player market.
These new mods need to be more readily accessible, with an ACTUAL common drop rate, if they're to be an actual game mechanic (and not just a toy for the lucky/rich players).

Edited by TheDarkStarChimaera

I have to say, I appreciate that sortie rewards now appear to be color coded according to their rarity. I also appreciate that the new mods appear to have a "common" rarity. That being said, I still have some criticisms regarding the current sortie rewards.

I still don't think one forma is adequate. 3 forma seems more appropriate for a sortie reward. Especially considering that forma is currently "rare" in the sortie reward pool for some reason.

I also don't really see why exilus adapters, orokin catalyst, and orokin reactors (all of which are "rare") are blueprints that each take 24 hours to build instead of just being built already. "Congratulations on completing today's sorties! Here's a reward that you'll be able to enjoy tomorrow."

As for nitain:

Spoiler
43 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Regarding Nitain specifically, the majority of our recently active players have less than 9 Nitain in their accounts and there is considerable interest in some new ways to acquire, so we are trying out Sorties as an option.

I am sympathetic to the fact that nitain can be a pain to acquire if you're new to the game or don't have time to do the alerts. I also appreciate that there was a tangible reason for you guy's deciding to include nitain. You actually looked at the numbers. However, I currently have 166 Nitain Extract. And looking at the list of things that require nitain, it's painfully clear that I don't need anymore. I've already built everything. I've already researched everything. There's nothing else for me to spend nitain on right now.

Again I understand that a lot of players still need nitain. But to me, the easiest way to resolve this would just be to make nitain more common in sabotage caches. Also, if nitain remains a sortie reward, it'd be a good idea to have something else for veteran players to use their nitain on. Something akin to forma where we can constantly build more and more of it. I have no idea what that would be, but it might be something to take into consideration for future updates.

That being said, I'd rather scrap nitain extract from sorties altogether. If there has to be some sort of resource there, might as well make it kuva since that's something that EVERYONE (who's completed TWW) needs right now

Personally, here's what I'd prefer to see for sortie rewards:

Spoiler

2000 Endo

Rifle Riven Mod

Focus Lens

4000 Endo

Orokin Catalyst

Orokin Reactor

Kuva (let's say 2000 for now)

Greater Focus Lens

Exilus Adapter

3 Forma

3 Day Booster

(Maybe 6000 or 8000 Endo?)

Legendary Core

Despite my criticisms, I am looking forward to seeing how this system will continue to evolve, especially in light of all the feedback you guys have been getting. And just to leave this on a bit of a high note:

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

A next step here is being considered to add a completely new Ayatan in the place of 2K Endo to give collectors and Endo hunters something to look forward to.

This legitimately sounds pretty awesome. Hopefully there will be one for 4K endo as well

Forma. Really.

The sortie missions offer a chance of rare rewards, such as unique mods, potatoes (which are rare) or even legendary fusion cores (which are almost priceless), in return for having to deal with often infuriating high level encounters (Vay Hek, defense missions with limited arsenal etc). Most of these rewards are either difficult or impossible to get otherwise, save for endo, which is somewhat excused by the amounts of it received and the amounts needed to rank things up.

But Forma? That bloody thing is easily farmable. You can gather up some friends, grab some easy keys and go wild in the fissures. This is a resource that is not needed in vast quantities unless you strive to multi-forma every possible weapon you get your hands on, and even so, it is a common bronze reward in almost any Lith key, further enhanced the more friends with these keys you get alongside you. Or randoms, it does not matter. It's not all that expensive to build either, because again, materials for it are farmable, and easily so with the existence of Pilfering Swarm and Desecrate. Why on earth is that thing on the sortie reward list?

Edited by DarkAlphadron

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Previously:

Hide contents
  • Endo (2K) 
  • Endo (4K) 
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Riven Mod
  • Lens/Greater Lenses
  • Legendary Core

New Sortie Rewards:

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Riven Mod 
  • Endo (4K) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma
  • Legendary Core

Sigh. You guys are trying, but I think there is still some disconnect on why people even do sorties. 

We expect to be rewarded. It is supposed to be endgame. These are three missions that take up a significant chunk of time and effort. Sometimes they can be quite annoying. 

The rewards being offered are simply not equal to the amount of work put forth, full stop. 

And if this disconnect doesn't change I and I know many others will simply drift away from the game again, because daily sorties are the main thing to do short of a major quest update. 

We still have too many rewards that most vets are not really going to want spread all over the sorties. 

People have suggested token systems, arcanes, and so many other ideas, and it seems that the powers that be don't like those ideas, and we have not received any explanation as far as I know as to what is wrong with such possible rewards? Why does the reward pool need to be diluted with a bunch of stuff most vets don't want? It doesn't make the good rewards better when we get them, it just makes us bitter and destroys our passion for the game. 

I know all of you are doing your best, and you are just a messenger. I am not angry with anyone, but I do feel frustrated sometimes that it feels like we give our feedback on this over and over, and it seems to not get through. 

We want worthwhile rewards for the sortie. This is still not a worthwhile reward pool to do the sortie every day. If you want people to do a daily set of missions like this, and keep them playing, you need to make the missions rewarding and not an rng frustration fest. 

Please, consider making the rewards worthwhile. I really want to stay interested in Warframe but I feel myself drifting away again... 

Suggestions, again: 

Token system of some kind

New Ayatans are a cool idea

Much less chance of regular lens, and a greatly increased chance of GREATER lens maybe even put the lesser ones somewhere else 

No forma

Find a better place to help people get Nitain 

An Alternate place to get arcanes 

Sortie exclusive cosmetics you can earn 

Etc. 

Please, stop just throwing random stuff at us, and try putting in some of the stuff we actually want. People keep asking for stuff like arcanes or a token system or cosmetics or something and it feels we are being ignored. Instead we keep getting offered a bunch of stff we didn't ask for and don't want as vets. 

You say your most recent players have very few nitain, but how many of those players who recently logged in have completed TWW and can even do the sortie? Lately I have seen a much higher MR level involved in sortie... they have become way more vet exclusive. A vet does not want to be rewarded by three long missions with three nitain. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

I don't think the changes are really paying attention to the challenge of the mission or the value of the items to most people.

You might have to share with us your reasons or we will just disregard most of the issues because it just isn't really believable.

I would rather boosters not be in the game, so of course I don't want it in the sortie rewards.  They certainly might have their uses, but it isn't a good alternative for me to have something reduce my reasons for playing.

I can definitely use forma, but I have a lot of relics.  I can work towards getting forma if I need them.

The endo is useful for some, but for a great portion of people, it isn't needed anymore.

The quickest alternative I can think of in general is that endo be removed from the list with an alternative reward method added.  Once completed the sortie then shows you your possible reward.  You have a choice then of accepting the reward, or of accepting endo or credits instead of that reward.  So, if a lens comes up that someone doesn't want, they can just choose to take an endo payout instead.

It might make the reward more difficult to process and have some issues with bugginess, but it would help pull the endo reward off the list and keep endo available for anyone that wants it from sorties.  It would also mean that unwanted rewards can just be ditched in favor of an instant replacement, even if the replacement is limited to endo or credit amounts.

The whole point of a loot grind is to roll the dice and have fun - feel like you're making progress toward a specific goal. Sorties offer Rivens as that goal - it's explicitly that goal.

The ways in which sorties are run allow an individual to roll the dice for a very, very long time and get nothing that is unique or valuable. Forma, nitain, and endo are largely considered to be secondary in preference to other endgame things like Riven mods. You don't make "evergreen" goals totally random, because if you roll those dice badly, you could in theory never get one - and never, ever feel as if you're making progress toward some larger goal that will increase your power.

Nitain is useless in itself unless you are part of another dice rolling system, like relics, because it, itself, is only a component. But in the relic grind, even if you get a prime blueprint or part you don't want, it's at least redeemable for ducats which you can buy rare or interesting items with. I like getting prime items even if they're not useful to me because ducats are fun to hoard and spend.

Sorties offer no "second tier" of progress, of redeeming the items or resources you get and using them for a new purpose. Endo can come from the weekly Ayatan hunt or salvaging mods or finding it on normal missions. Even if it's SLOW AS HECK, offering players who don't roll big winner on sorties a way to make "progress" toward that evergreen goal is going to feel a lot better than simply trusting fate after grinding out some hard missions, don't you think? Let's not forget that Rivens themselves are ALSO totally random and pretty luck-based.

I really feel Nitain should not be in sorties, and I understand that many newer players and players with less time on their hands need a better way to acquire it, but it's just punishing to players like myself who have well over 100 nitain in our inventories to have to lose out on a decent drop just for them. I do think there should be ways for these players to get nitain, just not through sorties.

I'd like to see nitain removed from sorties, and have nitain enabled as a tradable commodity. This is exactly how players with less time get their hands on every single grindy resource in the game currently. This is how players with little time get prime equipment, syndicate equipment, gene templates, and ri(spoilers)ods. This system would easily allow even low level players who have more time to make a little plat via trades. and that's good for everyone.

2 minutes ago, KittyDarkling said:

I really feel Nitain should not be in sorties, and I understand that many newer players and players with less time on their hands need a better way to acquire it, but it's just punishing to players like myself who have well over 100 nitain in our inventories to have to lose out on a decent drop just for them. I do think there should be ways for these players to get nitain, just not through sorties.

I'd like to see nitain removed from sorties, and have nitain enabled as a tradable commodity. This is exactly how players with less time get their hands on every single grindy resource in the game currently. This is how players with little time get prime equipment, syndicate equipment, gene templates, and ri(spoilers)ods. This system would easily allow even low level players who have more time to make a little plat via trades. and that's good for everyone.

^^^^ This. So much this. 

Please consider removing Nitain from the sortie rewards, a crafting material really shouldn't be a reward for completing high level missions. It feels so lackluster and insulting if I were to spend a good chunk of my time playing sorties just to get 3 nitain. I wouldn't mind getting forma though, but I would really appreciate it if they gave more than one. Since, running a random void fissure can probably get me a few forma in the time it takes for me to complete a sortie.

Listen, this is the solution to make sortie rewards good: SIMPLY BY REMOVING 2K ENDO!

This is not me just bashing and this is why people HATE this "reward", so hear me out;

-It is NOT a reward. It's just bad luck, allright?
-No one sane will ever want 2k endo over everything, even Nitain can and will be more useful
-To farm endo you can do hyeracon or rathuum or any mission with a lot of enemies and frames like Hydroid or Nekros to get the most mods out to recycle for endo
-In conclusion, 2k endo is NOT a reward, because, as I mentioned, there are better ways to farm endo
Why would I want to make something randomly hard to get something that I can do better in the usual trash things I do? Answer is: I won't! Because, if I keep getting the same reward over and over on the only thing that changes everyday, then I'll simply stop doing them and do the things that I do everyday and make plats to buy the real rewards instead of wasting time

On 11/13/2016 at 0:36 AM, hte_spaghetti said:

Then I cycled the mod and got: "Synthesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped without taking damage"

yes, I couldn't use abilities or take any amount of damage. This is totally impossible.

Let's say it is extremely difficult to complete alone, but if you have a Limbo friend the difficulty decreases.

19 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Previously:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Endo (2K) 
  • Endo (4K) 
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Riven Mod
  • Lens/Greater Lenses
  • Legendary Core

New Sortie Rewards:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Riven Mod 
  • Endo (4K) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma
  • Legendary Core

Imho, there should be another way to obtain lenses now that sorties have been locked behind completion of TWW, since this update dropped, every player completing The Second Dream is now stuck with a minor lens of a school chosen based on a vague misleading description (see Unairu focus, for example) until they finally complete their way to Sedna and finish The War Within quest unless they spend some platinum (we all know where it comes from) in the market, in trading (like it or not most players just want to profit there) or find a kind soul that trades lenses for whatever else or just gives them away.

I'm not sure how to fix it tho, I'd move greater lenses to the tenno lab and maybe put a small lens bp as a syndicate offer (on all of them, since Teshin, the one who wants us to become stronger is the one making more sense but not everyone likes conclave, and gating player progression behind it would upset a big part of the community) or something, I'm currently brainstorming ideas to see what I come up with.

Please please please have an alternate means of getting Rivens. 

As it is now I am reliant on RNG on whether I get to experience a facet of the game. I have done every sortie for a week and a half and only received two rivens. 

I have seen documentation of what the drop rates are and they are fair but people are unlucky. 

The simplest solution I see is have syndicates offer them for between 125,000-132,000 reputation. It would guarantee at least one a week which is fair and would still require a decent bit of work and regular log-ins.

The alternative is a Riven token system where every sortie you are guaranteed a Riven token. 5 tokens/sorties later you can trade them to Samodeus for a Riven mod. 

Additionally, think ahead to when secondary, shotguns, melees and potentially warframes are added to the Riven system. Sorties will not be sufficient as the only source of Rivens. The odds of getting Rivens for weapons you don't have like, or want will go up exponentially if you even get a Riven mod. 

Finally, it is immensely difficult to give you feedback on Riven mods without seeing more than a couple Riven mods. 

Hope you consider it. Rivens are really interesting and exciting. 

On 12.11.2016 at 5:08 AM, [DE]Danielle said:
Previously:
  Hide contents
  • Endo (2K) 
  • Endo (4K) 
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Riven Mod
  • Lens/Greater Lenses
  • Legendary Core

It was a fully-built Exilus Adapater before. A blueprint is essentially no reward at all due to the two Forma crafting cost.

Keeping that in mind, one Forma as a reward isn't all that great either (and I really like Forma) - perhaps two would be decent, though. But it's still infinitely better than three Nitain. I really doubt people, who don't have the time to play often (to catch those Alerts), will regularly do Sorties of all things for a tiny chance to get this resource.

On 11/11/2016 at 10:08 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Endo (2K) 
  • Endo (4K) 
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Riven Mod
  • Lens/Greater Lenses
  • Legendary Core

New Sortie Rewards:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Riven Mod 
  • Endo (4K) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma
  • Legendary Core

A single forma. Not 1(0). Sorties don't even feel like the wheel of fortune anymore.

And a exilus BLUEPRINT? We just got off the issue of not being properly rewarded from sorties, and now it's a pool saturated with coupons with and we're told there's a pea-sized-daimond in there.

(Omitting the salt: remove the exilus, forma, and nitain / or increase the amount for the reward; otherwise we can't get to the new cool S#&$ y'all put in the game for us to play with)

I honestly never cared about getting 2k endo because I know i would at least use it at some point and it is an important resource, but now the 3x nitain will just sit in my inventory because i already got the amount i wanted to from the alerts as they were never rare or anything. Before the change there rewards were meh at worst for me, but now there are possibilities for the rewards to just plain suck.