Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] New Weapons Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Your Arsenal grows, Tenno! 

• Zarr - Unload a barrage of explosives or a huge shot of flak from this canon’s enormous barrel.
  • Twin Rogga - These twin barrels of destruction are the signature pistols of the Kuva Guardians. 
  • Kesheg - Slice through mobs of unruly enemies with this fierce halberd; the signature weapon of the Kuva Guardians. 
  • A fourth weapon exists… but defeating The War Within will be necessary to discover it. 

So what do you think after playing with the new weapons? We want to know! Post your thoughts below and please be constructive in your comments. 

If you have bugs to report please use the Bug Report Megathread. Thank you!

I cannot properly articulate my disappointment when i discovered that the Orvius was utterly terrible. When i heard we were getting Tenshin's disk thing I thought we were finally getting a good glaive, something War/Broken War teir. Instead its worse than the GlaiveP and Cerata both (which are themselves middling at best), and has a even slower attack speed than the FragorP.

If i want to control enemies i have Nyx, The Orvius could have been neat, iconic and worth 4k kuva. Instead its a gimmick peice of mastery fodder.

I know its a long shot... but please consider giving the Orvius some serious buffs.

Its okay to make things worthwhile.

You dont have to be afraid.

EDIT : buffed its crit to 15%, proc 20%, slightly increased range, innate punch through at 19.0.3.

fixed the bouncing submissiles at 19.0.4. thanks DE.

I tried Zarr and little bit disappointed.

Frankly it is usable and not much boring but also not that much fun and strong as I expected.

First, it has somewhat poor base stat. actually I'm okay with its base damage, but salty with 10% crit and 15% proc.

Uh...yeah. mediocre. although its crit damage multiplier is 2.5x, only 10% crit will make you hesitate.

15% proc, too, isn't much good for semi-auto granade gun. and Zarr's horrible reload is very uncomfortable...

Cannon mode shoots a granade. its projectile speed looks faster than older granade launchers,

but I wonder why I can't put the Terminal Velocity on this...and I disagree that Zarr's accuracy is 100,

its like the projectile's hit detection is poor or enemies have relatively smaller hit box. it's hard to explain but I feel that way.

Penta's 100 accuracy is true but not the Zarr's I think.

And it has cruel self damage. I don't understand why this is neccessary.

Self damage of explosives is very unfair because there is a godlike weapon named Tonkor,

which has insane base crit and much more damage compared to Zarr, hurts only 50. but Zarr can be a suicidal weapon.  

This is even worse on Zarr because unlike Kulstar or Angstrum, Zarr's submissiles are obviously heading MY WAY,

as they are willing to kill me. why? just...why? ...Well, let's just look at the other side.

Barrage mode shoots a widespread birdshot, which has very limited range about 15m or something.

seriously I don't know why DE limited the range like this. why? It has no other good effect like innate punch through,

and seems no stat boost while Barrage mode. I think It should be at least 25m or more and have some punch through of 0.6~1.2,

like a benefit in return of limited range. actually Zarr consumes Drakgoon, which is powerful and accurate long range shotgun,

have no range limit and have cool innate punch throogh of 1m when charged.

The only thing after my fancy is its exploding/shooting effect. it looks like kinda small chinese firework,

and explode faster than Kulstar's. but if I need some power, I'll just throw out Zarr and use other strong granade or shotgun separately.

DE you should recognize you've just made another Stradavar. give some tweaks and small buffs to Zarr, like :

1. Make its base crit and proc 20%, so it can be an all-round use firepower.

(although DE do this, Zarr cannot be overpowered or on par with other explosives I think)

2. Put some innate punch through on barrage mode and stretch the range to 25m.

hey, it ate my Drakgoon! where's the characteristics of the Drakgoon?

(actually I wanna put a Shred or Metal Auger for the barrage mode ONLY, but there is no such comfortable function,

so the only way to solve this is the shell itself have some penetration)

3. Make its submissiles less spread, and train them at the enemies, not my side. why are they return to me?

4. fix its accuracy or just show me true number, not the false 100.

5. Projectiles are still somewhat slow. how about slightly speed up almost all projectile weapons except Tonkor?

expecially granades and rockets. I really wanna see them tweaked.

Edited by Chantepleur

Broken scepter's ability sucks. There's no way around it. Top to bottom, worthless

1) Requires you to manually drain a target with a button press

2) You have to stand there forever.

3) Which means you'll probably take more than 25 damage while waiting for it to happen if you're in a fight

Couldn't this have just made health orbs on a kill?

The Broken Scepter's unique ability could definitely use a second look. As it stands, the context action takes far too long for the amount of health/energy that it provides. It might be useful on some of the lower tier missions, but since it's unlocked via a level 30+ quest, I don't imagine it being used for that very often.

Even if the context action was made instantaneous, it would still be clunky, or at the very least, inelegant. Perhaps a different approach is in order? I can think of two options off the cuff, though I'm not entirely certain that either would work well.

One, the ability could trigger upon slicing a corpse in half. That would ditch the ritualistic flavor, but it would definitely be faster. Possibly too fast, but it could be turned into a static percent chance per corpse to balance it out.

Two, the ability could trigger in a small area around you(5m radius?) every time you channeled block for two seconds. That would maintain the deliberate nature of the current version, while allowing the player to move around during the wind up.

Personally I'm loving the Zarr. It's not OP like the Tonkor, but it does deal good damage still. And when I'm at risk of killing myself with grenades, I can always switch to a safer shotgun form. It probably does also help that I got a nice Riven mod for it. Also, I find it odd that the shotgun form has a slower reload. It's the same motion, why not just make it the same speed...?

The Orvius...I'm disappointed. Thought it could possibly be a nice CC weapon while not in melee form, but no...Just...no. It sucks, period. Glaives are already bad, this doesn't even come close to a redemption glaive. It needs some SERIOUS buffing

Broken Scepter is nice, but could use some more work. The unique effect takes way too long and is too clunky for how little it gives.

Orvius deals lowish damage (still respectable base damage tho), is very slow with an equally slow flight speed, and has minimal crit/status. The charge attack is cool but the self damage from the final explosion makes it entirely unusable.

Needs:

• Better crit, status, base damage, or attack speed (pick one or two, total DPS is lacking)
  • Fewer bounces (1-2)
  • Somewhat faster flight speed (25-35% faster)
  • No self damage

Additionally a number of things could make it better:

• Channeling attack ticks could count towards combo counter
  • Channeling attack ticks could count for Life Strike (currently only final blast counts)

For the total Kuva cost of all of the other 3 Kuva-based weapons combined, it ought to be pretty good.

Edited by PublikDomain

I LOVE THE ZARR; Pump shotgun that can change into a CANNON? That splits up on impact? Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Twin Rogga is a bit boring, but it's good.

Kesheq is ALMOST my Orthos prime replacement. It has higher damage, one of the longer reaches in the game, and has okay attack speed. The only issue I have with it is the reach. If it was the same as orthos prime I'd probably switch to it with no second thoughts.

Broken Scepter has become my replacement Bo Prime

I'm still trying to figure out why the Zarr uses Rifle mods instead of shotgun mods...I mean just being able to influence the spread of the Zarr would make it a much better weapon IMO. This is the first primary weapon I've actually enjoyed using in the long time I've been playing Warframe.

Just imagine using Pointblank, Tainted Shells, Hells Chamber, Chilling Grasp, Incendiary coat, Seeking Fury(any reload), Fire Storm, Adhesive blast.

Gun has a lot of potential, the only rifle mod I'd even want to use on it would be terminal velocity.

Its like heres a launcher/shotgun weapon but it uses rifle mods. So, you can't use it like a shotgun properly.

Like Twin Grakatas: The Grakata is a primary weapon surely an akimbo version would be a primary weapon. LOL! Were gonna make it a secondary.

DE its the little things that bug me sorry.

Edited by Ruison

Zarr - I'm digging, just reduce the self damage and increase the projectile velocity

Twin rogga - I like, maybe a smidge more status

Halberd - I like it...just needs an actual spear stance...

Broken scepter - let us shoot energy out of it as the kween did to gain hp/energy + absorb the dead for bonus; let these stack and perhaps give a buff to wf powers or something along those lines 

8 hours ago, Ruison said:

I'm still trying to figure out why the Zarr uses Rifle mods instead of shotgun mods...I mean just being able to influence the spread of the Zarr would make it a much better weapon IMO. This is the first primary weapon I've actually enjoyed using in the long time I've been playing Warframe.

Just imagine using Pointblank, Tainted Shells, Hells Chamber, Chilling Grasp, Incendiary coat, Seeking Fury(any reload), Fire Storm, Adhesive blast.

Gun has a lot of potential, the only rifle mod I'd even want to use on it would be terminal velocity.

Its like heres a launcher/shotgun weapon but it uses rifle mods. So, you can't use it like a shotgun properly.

Like Twin Grakatas: The Grakata is a primary weapon surely an akimbo version would be a primary weapon. LOL! Were gonna make it a secondary.

DE its the little things that bug me sorry.

Because its mainly a cannon and not a shotgun.

If you read its description it says the shotgun mode is only for alternate firing.

Its technically a grenade launcher with scattershot effect theres no logic in making it a shotgun just because it has an alternate fire mode resembling shotguns.

What about imagining it as a grenade/rocket launcher?

Serration 165%+  

Heavy caliber 165%+  (accuracy is no problem with grenades and since barrage has fixed 7m range you gonna use it at point blank)

Split Chamber +90% multishot

With adding these in we already made the weapon more powerful than it could be with shotgun mods.

So far I'm not too impressed by the zarr considering what's required to make it. 

For starters, the alt-fire mode-swap mechanism is clunky and unnecessary considering there are only 2 things the gun can do to begin with.  Swapping fire modes while reloading doesn't work, so you may THINK you've swapped to barrage, but you're still in cannon.  And now you've killed yourself...  It also means that you can't interupt reloads with anything but what you fired last, so you can't put a quick barrage into the face of a melee unit who's run up on you while you're vulnerable reloading.  A better functionality would be to simply have primary fire shoot one projectile, secondary fire shoot the other.  None of this dumb mode-swapping business.  There's no sense in forcing players to constantly check the corner of their screen to know which mode they're in just so they don't accidentally kill themselves.  There isn't even a mode-swap cooldown or fire delay associated with it, so why the mode swap?

Barrage mode is kinda meh and doesn't feel like this gun was built from a drakgoon.  The drakgoon has 0 damage fall off and innate punch through on charged shots.  It can be a fantastic sniper shotgun.  Barrage mode on the Zarr has no innate punch though and a hard falloff of about only 10m.  Never mind the pellet spread reducing damage from missed pellets.  Pellets that go straight forward do 0 damage after about 10m, meaning you have to be hugging the enemy in order to shoot them with barrage.

Stats and mods wise, this gun doesn't make sense.  In terms of what's required to get this gun, it's objectively much harder to get than the tonkor AND it has big drawbacks compared to the tonkor (self damage, super limited range on alt-fire, clunky-garbage fire mode swapping mechanic).  That said, the stats suck compared to the tonkor.  150 less base blast damage.  5% less base status.  25% less crit chance. .3 longer reload time.  Given the great crit multiplier, low base damage, and self-damage the gun should definitely be sporting a better crit chance.  When the gun doesn't crit, it does TERRIBLE damage.  While it can be built into an alright status gun, it really isn't something to write home about.  Lastly, it's a shotgun that's using rifle mods...  why?  Granted rifle mods can give it a bit more crit potential than current shotty mods, it just doesn't make sense for it to not be balanced around using shotgun mods.  It's got all of the characteristics of a shotgun with an attached grenade launcher.

2 hours ago, TheDefenestrater said:

So far I'm not too impressed by the zarr considering what's required to make it. 

For starters, the alt-fire mode-swap mechanism is clunky and unnecessary considering there are only 2 things the gun can do to begin with.  Swapping fire modes while reloading doesn't work, so you may THINK you've swapped to barrage, but you're still in cannon.  And now you've killed yourself...  It also means that you can't interupt reloads with anything but what you fired last, so you can't put a quick barrage into the face of a melee unit who's run up on you while you're vulnerable reloading.  A better functionality would be to simply have primary fire shoot one projectile, secondary fire shoot the other.  None of this dumb mode-swapping business.  There's no sense in forcing players to constantly check the corner of their screen to know which mode they're in just so they don't accidentally kill themselves.  There isn't even a mode-swap cooldown or fire delay associated with it, so why the mode swap?

Barrage mode is kinda meh and doesn't feel like this gun was built from a drakgoon.  The drakgoon has 0 damage fall off and innate punch through on charged shots.  It can be a fantastic sniper shotgun.  Barrage mode on the Zarr has no innate punch though and a hard falloff of about only 10m.  Never mind the pellet spread reducing damage from missed pellets.  Pellets that go straight forward do 0 damage after about 10m, meaning you have to be hugging the enemy in order to shoot them with barrage.

Stats and mods wise, this gun doesn't make sense.  In terms of what's required to get this gun, it's objectively much harder to get than the tonkor AND it has big drawbacks compared to the tonkor (self damage, super limited range on alt-fire, clunky-garbage fire mode swapping mechanic).  That said, the stats suck compared to the tonkor.  150 less base blast damage.  5% less base status.  25% less crit chance. .3 longer reload time.  Given the great crit multiplier, low base damage, and self-damage the gun should definitely be sporting a better crit chance.  When the gun doesn't crit, it does TERRIBLE damage.  While it can be built into an alright status gun, it really isn't something to write home about.  Lastly, it's a shotgun that's using rifle mods...  why?  Granted rifle mods can give it a bit more crit potential than current shotty mods, it just doesn't make sense for it to not be balanced around using shotgun mods.  It's got all of the characteristics of a shotgun with an attached grenade launcher.

Yes it needs a buff, the idea is cool but the result is meh. It needs overall better stats  

The Twin Rogga are trash.  They're in direct competition with the Tigris series, and they have less than half the damage after modding, with no supplemental stats to make up that deficit.

The Orivius is also trash.  Its attack speed is absolutely terrible.  Its DPS is lacking.  Nearly any other thrown melee is better, which is saying a lot because thrown melee is pretty terrible.  The Glaive Prime has about 50% faster attack speed making up for its lower damage.  The Kestrel has forced ragdoll on the throw, which is better CC than the Orvius's, while not forcing the wielder to channel and lose attack capability.  The Cerata is much better for melee because of the toxin base damage, faster speed, higher stats, and better crit.

I haven't gotten the Kesheg yet, but a quick perusal of the stats show it's simply too slow to be very effective.  It needs 10% crit and at least .9 attack speed.  Or here's an idea: how about we actually get a polearm that's viable for melee use?  To do that, simply bring its crit chance up to 25% with its current attack speed or 20% with .95 attack speed.

Though I don't have the Zarr yet, It seems pretty comparable to the Kulstar, which is good.  Instead of switching fire modes with secondary fire, just make the shotgun blast the secondary fire.