Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] New Weapons Feedback

[DE]Danielle

25 minutes ago, therealfriday13th said:

I've found that by sticking whirlwind on it I have what amounts to an infinite ammo grenade launcher thanks to its ability.  May be slow at CQC even with Fury, but it's pretty devastating to crowds of Grineer (haven't tried Corpus yet) mooks at range.  I'm guessing that's what was intended here.

I will have to give it a shot but that still does not fix the issue of the slow response time and throw animation, and whats the point of having that awesome astral twilight stance if your not going to use it. this would be great as a close quarters melee weapon with the added utility to CC high priority targets and engage crowds from a distance. im not saying give it glaive prime speed but .900 or so would be very usable.

1 minute ago, Gognorok said:

I will have to give it a shot but that still does not fix the issue of the slow response time and throw animation, and whats the point of having that awesome astral twilight stance if your not going to use it. this would be great as a close quarters melee weapon with the added utility to CC high priority targets and engage crowds from a distance. im not saying give it glaive prime speed but .900 or so would be very usable.

This MAY just be a mirage on my half, but it looks like whirlwind MAY up the speed JUST EVER SO SLIGHTLY on Astral Twilight's "throw combos" (block and pause combos).  I haven't actually tested this yet tho, and I'm not sure I want to screw it, I'll test this out presently and report (tho I won't be able to do anything but eyeball it, so take my results with a grain of salt) disregard all that.  Whirlwind, if it even does does up the "throw combo" speed (whether by design or by a bug), does so negligibly.  I do like the idea of upping the speed, tho I'd say 0.85 instead of 0.9, given the stat differential.

Here giving some feedback on the Zarr, specifically on the (short) range of the barrage mode. The Barrage mode is an excellent idea and makes up for the danger of self damage associated with most launcher type guns. Now the range on the barrage mode is somewhat short, which is understandable for balance purposes. Now what I don't agree with is sinister reach not being usable on this weapon. I believe this mod should be usable in this weapon to increase the range of the barrage mode (even if it might not affect cannon mode) so that there's more options while modding the Zarr for barrage. Ideally, an increase in range would also reduce (however slightly) the pellet spread. I believe this reduction to spread would make most sense if you take the current maximum spread (at 15m) and move it to the barrage mode's max range while modded with sinister reach.

Sinister reach at max rank adds 12m to the weapon's range which for the Barrage mode would sum up to a total of 27m range

If Sinister reach were to affect cannon mode as well it might possibly be in a different form than simply adding range. I think It might make sense to increase projectile speed on Cannon mode which consequently would make the projectile's arch wider effectively affecting Cannon mode range.

On the Zarr, I only have one complaint that I believe needs some adressing; when reloading, if I try to switch modes, it doesn't work. I have to wait until AFTER all the animations finish to switch. This means that several times I've been caught thinking I'd changed mode or with enemies charging at close range and me being unable to do anything about it. While the same issue might exist on the Stradavar as well, it wasn't noticeable because we couldn't interrupt the reload, as we can on the Zarr. Would it be possible to enable us to switch modes during reload please?

10 hours ago, Lyravain said:

On the Zarr, I only have one complaint that I believe needs some adressing; when reloading, if I try to switch modes, it doesn't work. I have to wait until AFTER all the animations finish to switch. This means that several times I've been caught thinking I'd changed mode or with enemies charging at close range and me being unable to do anything about it. While the same issue might exist on the Stradavar as well, it wasn't noticeable because we couldn't interrupt the reload, as we can on the Zarr. Would it be possible to enable us to switch modes during reload please?

This is a serious gripe for me as well. Being unable to switch modes while reloading can leave you unable to fend off enemies that get close and personal, which defeats the purpose of Barrage.

Also, there's a MASSIVE pause before being able to reload after firing in either mode. This pause corresponds to the mode's fire rate, and spamming clicks or R for up to a whole second after the weapon is empty does nothing. The unresponsiveness from those two factors make the Zarr a bit too much of a clunker to have fun with for me, despite its clear power and excellent SFX.

Regarding the new weapons. my twisted logic works on the premise that if kuva is required for their construction, then by rights they are not tenno weapons per se, and therefore are grineer weapons and should damage kuva enhanced enemies without the need for transference, as operator mode is un-natural.

On 11/12/2016 at 0:08 PM, [DE]Danielle said:
  • A fourth weapon exists… but defeating The War Within will be necessary to discover it. 

This weapon (spoiler), should have an innate passive to give the user +2 energy and + 5 health per enemy killed within x meters of you.

I find the new TWW weapons to be quite lovely, I do think that the Zarr should have more range for it's barrage though (or at-least have a mod that will extend it's firing range). I feel forced to get right in the enemies faces in order to use the barrage alternate as the range is so tightly limited, after a certain distance nothing is registered (Similar to that of an Amprex's range, if not shorter). 

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going on a more visual perspective instead of exact percentage/data.

I LOVE the Zarr!! It's mostly a lot of fun to use and ive been finding gameplay a bit stale due to always using a few of the many guns simply because most of them just arent very strong in comparison.

I have one major issue with the mode switching UI though. I agree with an earlier post that suggested making alt fire shoot barrage rather than switch, and the fact that you can't change during reloading is annoying, but even if neither of these are changed, if you simply give us a different reticle in barrage mode (say a complete ring - think halo 1 shotgun or something like that) it would probably alleviate most of these issues. We spend a lot of time looking at the middle of our screen and when using the zarr, frequent mode switching is required to get the most out of it, but the UI really doesn't make it easy to keep track of which mode it's in. The unforgiving nature of the gun is part of what makes it fun to use and I wouldn't want that, to be changed. Just give us a better way to keep track of which mode its in.

Я хз где можно написать идею, да я и не знаю, что такое обратная связь, поддержка этим не занимается... Пожтому напишу хотя-бы здесь:

Здравствуйте, я хочу вам предложить одну идею! Идея относится к вторичному оружию. Идея заключается в том, что-бы добавить пистолет или даже двойные стволы с уроном холода и что-бы эффект тоже полагался очень хороший, холодный, например: При выстреле ЛКМ будет выстреливать сосульками, а зажатием колёсика будет выпускать пар холода который будет замораживать (хочется достаточно большую зону брал, ну как у огнемета в самый раз, но не как как ампрекса!!!)... Скин... Ну... я даже не знаю ,столько идей, но есть один вариант, но картинки нету, попробую описать, что-бы было понятнее: Типа, что-то вроде орокин смешанный с сосулькой, сам весь механизм идёт золотистым орокин, а оболочка у него как сосулька из-за льда, думаю будет круто смотреться... Думаю наводку и идею хорошо описал, хочу, что-бы вы сделали, что-то похожее на акстилетто, но корпус у него как сосулька из-за льда...

P.S. Почему я решил дать такую идею? Потому, что я хочу что-бы FROST соответствовал холоду, то есть урон, оружие, дрон или же питомец, есть еще парочка идей нового дрона или питомца)) Хочу полное соответствие, а то глаза мазолит, эти оружия, я даже купил санкти кастанас, хотел попробовать, но всё равно не то. ХОЧУ ВТОРИЧНОЕ ОРУЖИЕ, УРОНОМ ХОЛОДОМ, СВОЕОБРАЗНОГО ПРОИСХОЖДЕНИЕ!!! Как Глаксион, у него по своему урон и эффект, как и у Сибирь, а от вторичного оружия такого нет( Если надумаете, не нужен хороший урон, достаточно будет если он будет тащить 30-40 ну максимум 45 лвл. Я буду очень рад, ну просто очеееень рад!!! Если вы поймёте о чём я) ;)

The stats for broken scepter aren't bad, but man copying that capture animation just to get 25 health/energy? Cmon DE, I expect better than that. Either give us more for the ridiculous wait time or remove the animation and find another way for us to use the charges.

While I'm Lukewarm in terms of the Broken Scepter, I do have to give credit for the new Primary and Secondary, the Zarr and Twin Rogga. They're both fine made weapons in appearance, stats, and functionality. Well done on these DE.

Edited by Darkmoone1

Zarr is pretty much perfect where it is. 

Twin Rogga have a ton of damage, but lack the supplementary stats/ammo reserves for me to consider using them unless I'm just messing around. They're better than the Brakk and Detron (non-Mara), but that's not saying much.

Kesheg is decidedly meh. Good damage, bad supplementary stats, -horrible- attack speed. Definitely MR fodder..

Orvius is basically the coolest thing here, but WHY ON EARTH DID YOU GIVE IT 0.75 ATTACK SPEED? Also needs like 1.5x the damage and 15% crit to be useful, especially for the materials it takes to craft. 

Broken Scepter is probably my favorite weapon out of everything here, except that I think it should have the health/energy orb as a passive on cooldown instead of being an active.

#Spoilers

The 4th weapon is very nice for getting energy and health. But I've noticed that a lot of players (from the discord warframe server) thought it would be very nice if the ability of the weapon was affected by attack speed/ berserker (the speed at wich you desecrate the enemy of health/energy).

As of right now its very hard to take a lot of use out of it. It is good, but a small animation buff would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to focus on the Zarr on a deeper level because I love the potential of this weapon.

The aesthetics of this weapon are the best of the Kuva series.  What's not to like about a hand-held space pirate ship cannon that is equal parts "50 Shades of Gray" , Warhammer 40K Orcs, and "Dr. Seuss"? It even has mini-wheels on it!

As far as performance, I love the feel of it's cannon mode MUCH, MUCH better than Tonkor or Penta, including it's dangerous unpredictable nature.

I wish it competed more on a statistical level in terms of Crit/Status/Damage, but I get it...

So here is what I would like:

Unique weapon differentiation trends.  Quirks and Bonuses that make you LOVE what it can do that no other weapon can!

I love that it can equip Blast, Corrosive, AND Heat.  But let's go forth and BE BOLD!  Because it's an awesome, futhermucking pirate  cannon...

BRAINSTORM INCOMING!

1.  Cannon smoke.  Make it slightly harder to hit us from distances for a brief 1-2 seconds and have it stack three times as smoke builds if we stay in place.

2.  Cannons go BOOM!  Just like a big 'ole flashbanging boom-stick, give it a chance per shot to trigger a Nyx or Banshee headache animation in a given radius or cone.

3.  Earth shaker.  Give it a base 15% chance at knockdown, whether blast is equipped or not.  If blast IS equipped add 15% to status chance for knockdown and add 15% to recovery time for enemies that are born off their feet.

4.  Big Bang with Blowback.  Give the unpredictable Zarr the ability, in cannon form, to unleash all it's ammo in one shot for 300% damage with a 2 second charge up "push'n'depress" feature.  The drawback is a 25% chance at knockdown, which can be countered with appropriate mods.

5.  Unique bounce mechanics to differenciate it from other launcher types.

Fin

Thanks for reading!

On 12/27/2016 at 8:03 AM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

4.  Big Bang with Blowback.  Give the unpredictable Zarr the ability, in cannon form, to unleash all it's ammo in one shot for 300% damage with a 2 second charge up "push'n'depress" feature.  The drawback is a 25% chance at knockdown, which can be countered with appropriate mods.

I would actually like to see that as an alt fire in cannon mode or even in a new weapon possibly. You can empty all your ammo for an explosive grand finale, but it's a guaranteed knock-back & knockdown with your frame being tossed to the ground while everything in the general direction you were aiming is kill.