Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] Faction Invasion Changes Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Ever since the change to the new Solar Chart in Specters of the Rail, the Invasion system hasn't exactly been exciting or novel. The War Within brings some much needed freshness to this part of the game!

As part of an effort to both repair and refresh the Invasion system, the following changes and additions have been made:

• Prior Sortie Season Vandal and Wraith rewards can now be offered as invasion rewards by the respective faction. 
  • Interception missions have been added into the mix when playing for invading faction.
  • Winning factions will now 'Occupy' the node for up to 24 hours. During this period, the invaders will raid the location for resources towards a mysterious 'Construction Project'
  • The mission type at a particular Invasion node will change every 15 minutes.
  • The progress of an invasion can now lead to a Faction Specific event! Watch closely as the Grineer and Corpus gather enough strength!
  • Factions now pay an additional 1000 Credits each time you run a mission for them on the same node (up to max of 10K).
  • Fixed issues with Invasion missions loading to black and no spawning enemies. 
  • Fixed Invasion progress not counting if a player was in mission during a Hotfix. 
  • Fixed Phorid occupied nodes still showing the underlying bosses. 

So what do you think after playing through the Faction Invasion changes? We want to know! Post your thoughts below and please be constructive in your comments. 

If you have bugs to report please use the Bug Report Megathread. Thank you!

Faction Specific events? Oooh that sounds kinda cool, I like that. I always liked the fact Invasions could potentially permanently change the game if so slightly by giving control of a sector to a certain faction, but to have it even trigger an event, now that's an interesting idea. I am curious already, I would love to be able to play those! Hope I don't miss it if it happens, it sounds so cool.

Only question on this subject is: Will the weapons be offered as rewards for the base invasions and offered/shown as Fieldron, Mutagen, Detonite Injectors, and BPs are shown now or the Construction projects a higher up form of mission type for the Invasion in which completion will result in the gain of the weapons?

18 hours ago, The.Red.King said:

Only question on this subject is: Will the weapons be offered as random rewards for the base invasions or offered/shown as Fieldron, Mutagen, Detonite Injectors, and BPs are shown

I request more information on that specific subjets. Any feedback ?

well i really dislike this,i stay more than 20 hours waiting,for some vandall or wraith and got nothing.i really hope this content is available.because is not really funny make one player staying hours waiting for something happen in the invasions.some players dont have all time free.i think this new invasions should need more work.  

Some clarity on how the progress gauge actually builds would be nice.

I have to be concerned about the weapon part rewards, though. I don't think one has actually popped up since the update, which suggests they are not going to be common. Rare occurrences of one fourth of a weapon only limitedly available for a few random hours a day sounds like it's going to be a pain. Especially since we have no indication of how these are going to be grouped. For all we know currently, you could have the one-off parts randomly showered over several months for any given weapon.

EDIT: Okay, I've finally seen a part invasion pop up. For some reason I had expected it to be like a potato instead of being Part vs Part for rewards. I guess this makes more sense, but is going to really suck for trying to get all of the weapons.

Edited by OvisCaedo

14 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Some clarity on how the progress gauge actually builds would be nice.

I have to be concerned about the weapon part rewards, though. I don't think one has actually popped up since the update, which suggests they are not going to be common. Rare occurrences of one fourth of a weapon only limitedly available for a few random hours a day sounds like it's going to be a pain. Especially since we have no indication of how these are going to be grouped. For all we know currently, you could have the one-off parts randomly showered over several months for any given weapon.

this is my fear,already past three days and i dont see anything of vandall or wraith.just make simple standart rewards like sorties try you luck to get the part you need,this will take time.but right now i am totaly disappointed.waiting for something to happen,i now gonna lie, but right now i feel like i been misguided.

I love the new Invasion system, though I would like to see more....battlefield destruction, like pods stuck through walls here and there, corpus enemies warping out of nowhere.

Like in the Archwing quest, it'd be really cool and immersive!

And I wonder, is it possible to bring back the whole different factions appearing in another faction's node randomly like before? Like a mini raid.

Example: You're in a Corpus mission but suddenly some Grineer pop out of nowhere. It'd make things more interesting.

I really like to see more of these battles and feuds between Corpus and Grineer.

Hi everyone

Sounds very cool, not sure to understand everything well, but sounds cool !

Today the first parts of Dera Vandal vs. Strun Wraith appears on an invasion.

Do you have any clue if other weapons (not tradable ones) might appears too, such as the Vulkar Wraith, the Furax Wraith... ?

Eventually the classics Machette or Snipetron ?

Thanks for you answers !

Just now, Kramer17 said:

Hi everyone

Sounds very cool, not sure to understand everything well, but sounds cool !

Today the first parts of Dera Vandal vs. Strun Wraith appears on an invasion.

Do you have any clue if other weapons (not tradable ones) might appears too, such as the Vulkar Wraith, the Furax Wraith... ?

Eventually the classics Machette or Snipetron ?

Thanks for you answers !

ALL of them will appear in the invasion missions. Wraith and Vandal.

On 11/11/2016 at 11:09 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

• The mission type at a particular Invasion node will change every 15 minutes.

Can we get some confirmation if this is working as described, because I'm not sure that it is. 

I was trying to do Adaro (Sedna) last night which was an Interception mission. I don't like Interception so I did it once, then waited 15 minutes and loaded it again. Still Interception. When I logged in tonight, it was set to Sabotage, so the node does change but it doesn't appear to be 15 minutes.

I'm also currently looking at Sao (Neptune) which is a Defense. I've been waiting ~45 minutes and it's still Defense.

Do we have to log out or do another mission to "refresh" the Solar Map?

Thanks!

PS- I appreciate you guys putting the labels on the Invasion nodes! Big help!

Edited by CanadaDemon