Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] New Tileset: Kuva Fortress Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Overall I enjoy the whole tileset. 

Defence however was a stand out for me.  I feel like all defence nodes need random hazards like this to keep things interesting.  Maybe even make it to where we can turn some of the hazards on the enemies when some special conditions are met.  Also I agree with one of the posters above, when I went into the defence mission I thought maybe it would award some kuva.

The cameras are BS. They are:

• invulnerable,
  • too many,
  • trigger potentially lethal turrents.

While the Corpus cameras are a nuisance at worst, while the Kuva cameras are a complete overkill balance-wise. Being indestructible is also inconsistent with the Corpus cameras. Please reduce the number of them and let us destroy them.

Overall I like the tileset, but it's a bit too dark. It feels even darker than some of the infested tilesets.

Here I thought all the cameras and turrets and whatnot would make people adopt a more stealthy play style. Instead, people who are used to blitzing through missions are complaining that they can't do that easily anymore. Though I will admit that it is a little dark and confusing to navigate this place. If you want to just speedrun a mission, don't come to this tileset.

Lighting:

Honestly I'm perfectly fine with the lighting on this map because I'm not being blinded all the time. My brightness and contrast are set to half (default) no bloom or glare. What I do suggest after seeing these comments of it being too dark (again), is a picture gamma slider for new players and a standard of lighting. Not so standard that it's the same across every level but not going from one extreme to the other (unless epic questing is involved).

Assault:

Although it is a great game type, I think the caches are what make it so long. The tiles are larger and more intricate then ever before meaning it takes at least twice as long to find the caches. I think you could remove the caches and spread the beacons out across the level (heavily guarded). This would make the time more natural instead of artificially looking for something that doesn't affect the mission.

(I found out the canon did destroy something but only sank it (never satisfied, I want a boom).)

Edited by Postal_pat

I love the Tile Set. However, this place is already obsolete when it comes to farming Kuva compared to Ceres. I would think that KUVA Fortress would be the place to farm for KUVA. It also bugs out and ruins the other missions. It just doesn't make much sense why these Kuva extractors would just wind up in a random tileset that insn't Kuva Fortress. Make Kuva Exclusive to KUVA Fortress pls.

Edited by PsychoTechARMS

I like the new tile set a lot. The red braid aesthetic is very nice, and the asteroid baseness is great!

My only complaint is that the alarm klaxon created by stepping in front of a scanner is VERY loud if you are near the klaxon itself, enough so that it may create an issue for headphone users. I can't hear the voice call with my squad if I'm near a Klaxon. xD While that makes logical sense, it's still annoying.

WONDERFUL tile set, however. Cleverly placed caches, fun to explore, maze-like and interesting.

Overall cool place but i really hate that 1 tile where it's just a stack of circular floors with hole in the middle.  It would be better if each floor is wider than the below so you can have nice vertical gameplay of shooting below or above.  The current one doesn't allow any actual vertical play and just force you to jump up and down the floor to find enemy in exterminate.  It's very big lost opportunity.

Edited by ssh83

I like the ambiance of the new tileset. The tight and layered structure can be fun to explore solo. With the 'Green' Directional jumping around so much being one minor pet peeve when trying to find my way around.

The Darkness is fine with me, but I wonder if we maybe able to use a flashlight to illuminate the dark spots or have a new gear item that allows us to drop a flare that burns for a duration to provide dynamic spots of light in the darkness and maybe can attract the enemy that see the flares. I vaguely remember illumination from our helmets for infested missions, hopefully I'm not misremembering from the Dead Space series.

One question I have is what are the ways we can deal with the environmental hazards for Defense?

By wave 5, there are Turrets shooting slowly or flames, Tesla Coils electrify the ground and so on are active, but I did not see a way to counter them outside of standing on the objective and using Freeze on the four gun turrets, while staying inside the Globe. So I wonder if there is some sort of re-hack-able console somewhere I missed or not that can deactivate the hazards for a duration and wonder how non-Frosts would handle the scenario solo. I hope its not something with the new Tenno powers that counters them.

For assault, maybe hide the cache count from the HUD until you finish the last objective.  Since the caches only spawn past that point anyway, you don't really need to track it until you finish.

I do like how the caches are confined to that last stretch of the level.  Otherwise the map would be WAY too huge to look for them.  Still, I was very nervous my first time not knowing this.  The above point would help people in that situation.

Edited by Callback

The spy vaults are a bit hard to navigate through. Took me a few minutes to figure out where I'm supposed to go and how to get there. Still don't know where I'm supposed to go/get there for 2/3 of the rooms.

Also, they punish you very hard if you don't bring an invisible Warframe.

Please, can we have an option to disable/destroy/shoot/lower-the-volume of the "alarm" when crossing the lasers? As others have said before me, they are *really* loud. Headphose users beware.

Also, when speedrunning or just cache hunting, the constant alarm gets very annoying.

Sincerely, a Tenno with a Kuva headache.

I do have a bit of a problem with the Kuva Fortress...this seems to be more of a personal problem but here we go.

I'm not too comfortable with the current state of some of the Kuva Grineer. Especially the Kuva Elite Lancer and Lancer.

The Elite Lancers' melee attack seem to deal VERY low damage, like 1/10 of the melee damage that others deal.

The Lancers don't seem to melee attack when the player gets close at all, I wonder why that is. Also, why do they all deal so little damage?

I mean, they're supposed to be the best of the best but you know, they don't really live up to the name.

I guess the Kuva Fortress is already packed with a lot of defenses, but making them slightly better than their normal counterparts would be great!

Nonetheless, I love the new tileset.

I actually like the cameras, but their scan radius needs to match the visual feedback down to the last pixel. I've had cameras notice me while I'm either way off to the side, or too far away, they really need to only work on touching the red lights.

Also, am I the only one that's been finding holes in certain tiles? Not all of them are as big of a problem, but one hole had me drop through the map halfway through an exterminate mission, and I couldn't fix the problem at all.

On 11/12/2016 at 10:20 AM, owendawgx said:

So there are archwing enemies . . . but still no transition between archwing and foot combat? It was in the quest but not in the tileset itself. It's a shame.

Any plans to change this?

I spent a few hours searching for the tile that allowed archwing combat, afterall it is an archwing area. Very dissapointed in that, even if all the rest of it is nice.

On 11/14/2016 at 6:58 AM, aande said:

The cameras are BS. They are:

• invulnerable,
  • too many,
  • trigger potentially lethal turrents.

While the Corpus cameras are a nuisance at worst, while the Kuva cameras are a complete overkill balance-wise. Being indestructible is also inconsistent with the Corpus cameras. Please reduce the number of them and let us destroy them.

Overall I like the tileset, but it's a bit too dark. It feels even darker than some of the infested tilesets.

it's the queens' fortress. the QUEENS. So yeah.

I love the tileset. In fact I think it is a good example for future tilesets or even to improve the existent ones. But it can be better, so I would add some kind of transition to archwing mode, which is very little in this tile, more scripted-like grineer animations (something like the ones that are looking At the queen transmission or the "execution squad" ones, that apear one next to other pointing to the player). In the assault mode it would be also great to have the different targets of the mission more separated from each other and more fortified instead of the caches.

In the other hand, music is awesome, atmosphere is awesome, ilumination is awesome, etc. Hope more ominous over fortified tilesets, and more modes like assault in the future.

I think for the Kuva fortress.

1) There should be some very dark tunnels if you destroy the lights.

2) If you leave the alarm on for so long, a team of nightwatch shows up as a "rapid response team".

3) Grineer need some heavy vehicles on that base to use against Tenno.

So, I have one piece of feedback and one question.

Feedback: Make the Landmines a lot more visible at high speed, or at least make them not one shot everything. Really hate exploring the fortress simply because I don't know when I'll happen across a landmine I never saw and die instantly. Yes, I know landmines work like that, but, frankly, reality isn't fun, hence, adding this piece of realism in Warframe is anything but fun.

Question: What's our initiative for doing Assault again? That mission is incredibly long, yet completely unrewarding. Frankly, the exterminates are really long (with the cache hunting), yet incredibly unrewarding. I get the desire tor these long levels and giant open spaces to explore, but, frankly, the old, more linear missions feel a lot more rewarding to do than the fortress missions. We need some initiative, else what's the point?

my compliments to the Chef for this Tile.

kawpJS5.png

the secret l00t room in this Tile is overcomplicated as hell but that's why it's so cool even if there's only a few Lockers and Pots in it.

if Grineer Fortress had Kuva (Blood) Pots to find and they preferred Spawning in the hidden locations, there would be great reason for Players to explore the totes Tiles in this Tileset.

- - - - - 

Tileset looks excellent, appropriate mixture of lit areas and mostly unlit areas, nice details of environmental effects with rocks falling out of ceilings and Comets/Meteorites impacting the Fortress - with excellent Ambient and Combat music.
tons of small details in Tiles, from bits of rock on the ground to clutter objects that make it look like a real Asteroid Fortress where many troops are stationed.

Fortress Assault is neat. only complaint is the Cannon itself and the Enemy Ship you take down feels quite underwhelming. the Cannon doesn't like, rock the entire Asteroid and spit tons of fire, you can't see the Shell in transit, and the Enemy Ship kind've just plays Fire FX on it and that's about it.
the Enemy Ship could get away with low cost Effects if it created a large ball of fire and smoke+debris over the course of a second or two, and once all that clears the Ship is gone out of the sky. needs to look like it vaporized the Ship!

- - - - - 

the mixture of landmines and Scanners+Turrets in this Tileset is great. sneaking through provides some challenge while still being flexible.
Mines telegraph their explosions, Scanners... usually seem to work right (sometimes they detect me when it seems like i'm nowhere near it, thought it was my Companion at first but he's run through the beams many times so it's not that). the Gatling Turrets are really cool.

will update with other Gamemodes and hopefully other Tiles that are especially cool.

Edited by taiiat

I thought I should provide some feedback as well. Since this is the thread for Kuva Fortress, I shall only speak of the new tileset. Which... unfortunately disappointed me.

Don't get me wrong, there's been some very very nice design to it, it's beautiful (for being a fortress within an asteroid that is), however that's exactly the issue. It's only.. beautiful. It offers nothing new except a change of scenery. I completely hate to admit that, I finished TWW quest, completed each of the new missions once, and I honestly do not feel any need or urge to go back there and replay them. Because there's no incentive or rewards attached to them. I never understood why players are forced to farm the Kuva resource by an -allow me- pitiful method of destroying a Kuva Siphon*, which spawns with a chance (I thought the developers wanted to eliminate the excessive, pointless grinding), and people just prefer to do that on older missions. It would just make absolute sense if, completing any mission within the Kuva Fortress, awards players with an amount of Kuva, as well as finding chunks of it within caches and containers within said missions, or dropped by slain enemies (Do we really need to get more Detonite Ampules from there? Could gladly replace those with Kuva). Then everyone would have a reason to play the new tileset over and over again, solo or in a squad.

*The Kuva Siphon event sometime is visually bugged; the red smoke, the vacuumed kuva, they are not always visible. The whole concept of "destroying a kuva siphon" really doesn't seem a great idea to obtain Kuva. It would make it easier for every player type (solo mode or public/clan squads) if Kuva was a random resource found exclusively on Kuva Fortress.

For those that might be interested, I have made a post regarding sorties rewards here:

Edited by Chalef