Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] New Tileset: Kuva Fortress Feedback

[DE]Danielle

On 12/14/2016 at 8:51 PM, Aurora3500 said:

The Defense hazards from the Defense mission were interesting and spiced up the defense missions, but a way to temporarily disable any one of the natural hazards of that map I feel would be helpful, rather than having all traps be completely immune to being disabled/destroyed. It could potentially be done through a computer console that needs to be hacked, and each time it is hacked, it disables one trap for a small period of time

That would be a fantastic interactive option to the Kuva Defense missions. I would love to see this be a thing.

Would go a long way towards solving the frustration with the sortie defense variation as well. Sure the Operative wandered into the gas chambers, but at least you have the option of turning them off with a decent hacker.

First: this sub forum lacks a sticky "Kuva Syphon missions feedback" thread so I'll put mine here.

Syphon missions are really nice to play and have a different pace so I really enjoy them.

My only concern is being able to join missions where syphons were already completed and so, not getting Kuva : in this case, the mission shouldn't be joinable since the objective has been completed!

(or at least, an icon for syphon completed, but, to be honest, it would just make me quit since I do Kuva syphon missions precisely for Kuva)

Thanks

Edited by (XB1)JestersShade
typo

I think the biggest hindrance in this tileset's success is the fact that it has no reward. Loot-wise, it is no different from any Tier 3 Grineer mission. Compared to Lua, which introduced the Sentient with their unique mod drops, the Seven Principles and the vaults of Pavlov, in addition to the tileset providing new lore-based intricacies in regards to Orokin culture, such as the Tribunal room and the Opera House.

There is -no- reason to go to the Kuva Fortress. None. No rewards that can't be acquired significantly more easily elsewhere and nothing in the tileset is interesting, lorewise.

That in addition to vertical complexity which the minimap does not support.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

While running through them all the Kuva Fortress and going back to them from time, I have come up with some feedback for it.

First off, the scanners. Not just the small ones but the big ones as well. I will start with the small ones though. You gave them a health bar of sorts, however, we the player can't destroy them? What is the point of a health bar with armor and a small bit of shield, if we can't destroy it. Comparing the small scanners to Corpus ones, those are destructible. Not to mention that when you use a frame who's first ability has a bit of lock-on to it, sometimes it will have go to one of the scanners and that is rather inconvenient. We should be allowed to destroy them so it's one less thing to worry about. As for the large scanners, they are easy to avoid but I feel like there should be some kind of switch or something to turn them off in some of those little cubby holes, sort of speak.

The tilesets at times do become a hassle when enemies spawn and the tilesets give you a large room in the vertical sense. Having to run up to the top area of the tilesets, only for an enemies to spawn at the bottom, to then go back down to kill them and having more spawn but again all the way at the top, is very nerve wracking. I understand the spawns of enemies are set up to be random but that kind of set up for the Kuva Fortress is annoying, especially when it comes to vertical tilesets.

The hazard defenses in the defense missions are...well ridiculous. On top of needing to fend off enemies from attack the objective, we need to worry about the hazards too. Now I'm not whining about it's difficulty, because heck I play the Dark Souls Series. The issue is that, the enemies down seem to be affected by the additional hazards. Also, the electrified floor, that seems a bit much. Someone suggested allowing the player to be able to use the hazards to our advantage or turning them off. I wouldn't mind this idea because the defenses in the void give us those laser turrets which can also hurt the player if they are not careful which is fair.

The rewards table, which another person mentioned. It does feel lacking. Not to mention, the place is called the KUVA Fortress, so wouldn't there be a good amount of Kuva there to begin with? Shouldn't Kuva be somewhere in the drop table for this place? Not in just a cache but as an actual resource drop.

Lastly, as an idea, like how there are the Fomorian events, why not make an event to attack the fortress and destroy pieces of the it. This idea, of course, could be used as something later down the line in terms of story or what not. All this, in the end, is my overall feedback about the Kuva Fortress and I hope these things can be taken into consideration for a future update or improvements. The idea though is simply food for thought.

• 1 month later...

One of the first things that I looked at, every time I played a kuva level, was up. To see if there was a spot for that dang metal grate to fall from. And I wasn't disappointed to see one in every spawn. So that's a nice finishing touch that doesn't exist on all of the other tile sets. One of the things I like about some of the tile sets is that they each sort of tell a story. Some of them have some interactive objects, like destroying barrels to open up new passageways. I think that stuff is really cool, and I'm glad to see you guys used it in this tile set. You have come up with some really interesting traps, and you made stealth play a lot more challenging in this map - which is great! You actually have to scope some places out before you make a game plan on how you're going to handle it. I like that there's a lot of sky room in a lot of the areas, because I've been playing with Zephyr a lot lately, and having lots of high areas is really helpful. I'm sure the Titiana players appreciate this as well, I saw some flying up above the cameras one time :) 

The map is challenging. Those turrets are a pain in the &#!, but they can be destroyed with explosive weapons. I remember when you guys did operation frostline. It was actually hard. I liked it. It challenged me to stop with the run-and-gun and actually fit my character for the specific situation. Cold resist, toxic damage to go specifically against those corprus, and not allowing myself to get close to the detron users. Yikes that thing hit hard. Similarly, this map makes you slow down and assess what you're getting yourself into. 

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I like it.

The only problem I find, is that there's not a lot of other players running this area when I check the recruitment channel. I think they might be right, the challenge and change of scenery alone might not be enough to draw players in. I would love post H: Kuva Fortress Defense - 40 waves. And see what kind of response I get. But it's competing with Orokin Derelict - Kavat Genetic Code / Titiana parts / Special Mods, Void - Argon crystals / boss specific mod drops), all relics (prime parts), and other areas of the map. There's nothing that specifically comes from the fortress. Maybe you can make a frame, or a gun, or some mods, or something specific to that area. I sort of agree with the other players talking about Kuva Siphon. It would make sense to me to find Kuva on that place, but IDK. 

Anyhow, I love the map. And although I only had the courage to go 5 waves in the defense mode so far, I'm really interested to see if there are more developments in the traps if you go past wave 5. What I saw was pretty cool, with the electrified ground and the turrets coming out. I'm guessing those turrets start to shoot faster :) Also, when I first went into that room, the Kuva Fortress Defense room... I spent at least 3 minutes just walking around that thing, top to bottom, before activating the poison in the middle. You can tell that a lot of work went into that room. It's a-symmetrical, got some cool artwork placement (top level on a wall), some neat tunnels to jump down into below. I'm just curious how well all that sprawling area would get used if you're trying to protect the thing right in the middle. Might be easier to explore and fight in those areas if you have a full squad of 4. When I was solo, I just stuck near the objective the whole time. 

Anyhow, I like the Kuva Fortress. Good works on this one guys, I was really impressed with it when I first checked it out, and I look forward to spending more time exploring it while stealthed and taking more time to see what I've missed.