The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussing the problems with Riven mods and their egregious RNG

Brynslustafir

Don't forget that rerolling the mod has an increasing cost - first one costs 900 kuva, next one 1000, etc.

On top of that farming kuva for these mods seems to have been designed in the last fun way possible. Whya re they restricted to non-endless missions that nobody wants to do? Is this supposed to be the end game?

12 minutes ago, UrbanShade said:

equip Dex Sybaris, Latron Wraith (or Prime) or something like that, Tiberon maybe. or even Soma Prime and go to survival in Earth or Mercury

The "/s" is used to indicate sarcasm. You don't have to use the modded weapon to kill those enemies (e.g. Warframe abilities, such as World on Fire, or Sound Quake, will do just fine), meaning that this is "challenge" is trivial.

42 minutes ago, POSIX said:

The "/s" is used to indicate sarcasm. You don't have to use the modded weapon to kill those enemies (e.g. Warframe abilities, such as World on Fire, or Sound Quake, will do just fine), meaning that this is "challenge" is trivial.

Yeah, definetely (forget, that u can kill with warframe power, lol :D) btw, not knowed, that /s means sarcasm, so in next time im will be beware :)

After going through this thread, I can't imagine how [DE]Scott had ANY input in this. These mods go from hilariously useless to hilariously overpowered.

Mine is +65.3% fire rate and +47.7% damage to Corpus for Gorgon, which I guess is okay... if you for some reason like gorgon. It ain't no double status duration, triple damage Dread.

My quest was maintain 3x combo multiplier for 30 seconds, reward was trash:

Flux Rifle Lexilis

+3.4m Punch Trhough

+77.1% zoom (seriously?! zoom on a weapon with limited range)

-48.6%status chance (for the weapon that relies on status to be effective)

Anyone got worse than this?

I was gonna comment on how terrible this whole mechanic is, but several other people have already covered the subject pretty well. Suffices to say I agree with them 100%.

So much for less grind, eh

Edited by Luxpluff

I got five headshots in a single aim glide with a hobbled dragon key equipped. The most I've managed is two in a single glide doing infested survival. The requirements to unlock a mod I'll still need to rank with credits and endo just aren't worth it. It's incredibly frustrating that people get something as simple as "kill six sentients" but then there's this crap to deal with too.

The mods are honestly pretty un-fun to level and the RNG involved with their requirements is ridiculous (kill 4 sentinels without triggering any alarms? really DE?). I'm not even sure why DE decided to put them in the game. A bandaid for some of the more underused weapons maybe?

Anyway, mine's probably gonna sit unused and unidentified until DE and iterate on these more.

Edited by Dominus87

9 hours ago, Govictory said:

the challenges seem to vary from stupidly hard to stuff stupidly easy 

like for my Riven mod i just had to find 3 caches in a mission without dying so yeah they need to work on the scaling of the riven mod challenges IMO.

Mine said to find 2 but after running several missions with the mod equipped, it still isn't unlocked.

I got mod for that new primary, +76,4 fire rate, +3,4 punchtrough. +43,2 recoil (sorry, I'm too lazy to post screenshot) and fairly easy challenge- 34 headshot without taking damage (hello Loki) but amount of rng involved appears to be way too high

My mod requires me to do a defense with lvl 30 enemies or higher... without letting the pod take damage. I tried spamming frost's bubble with an EV and some other ppl killing but the pod took damage after 2 waves. I'm not sure how I supposed to do this. Vauban with repelling Bastille? Can't imagine how this would be possible if I had to solo it so good thing I don't have to.

turns out this was kinda worth it. I got an amprex mod that I didn't need bc I don't own an amprex, but I got 90 plat for it and it was rank 0. 

Edited by llNamEll

20 hours ago, junkTzu said:

Has anyone done this for the aim glide head shot req?  Just curious before I make the investment.

I used the prisma grakata in a survival with excalibur and blind

oh mine btw :

Spoiler

spvlZjW.jpg

lie down try not to cry cry a lot high-res

Edited by Gilmaesh

Yeah, nah I'm sorry but I can't bring myself to deal with these RNG mods.

There's like a what, 1/6 chance I get one from a sortie, and then an even lower chance it's for a feasible weapon, and then there's a somehow, even smaller chance it'll have useful effects, and Kuva farming is so bothersome, I like the idea of the fight but I've found three working kuva siphons in the last two hours, because the ones on Uranus capture were unworking, and of those three, one failed, and another stopped working because someone decided to leave mid fight.

This is not worth my time. I have verifiable proof that I can grind like a madman when I feel like it, but this is far too much.

Please attempt to work this system into something better. I might recommend looking at Path of Exile. If you start shoving in Riven mods for the other equipment slots without making these things so unbearable, I'm just going to quit for the foreseeable future. I play games to have fun. I could emulate the sensations riven-mod farming brings about as it is by paying two or three people to rub cheese graters on me.

That aside, the new sorties are a lot more playable now, so that's nice, and I still think most of the features introduced in here can become interesting parts of warframe given proper tender love and care.