Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Server-side] The War Within: Quest Reward Hotfix

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

Any minute now we will finish deploying the following. I will Update this thread when it is complete: 

Script is complete, relog if you were affected!

Fixes:

- Deployed a server side fix that repairs anyone who completed 'The War Within' not getting end of quest rewards. Relogging will present you with rewards via Inbox as intended. 

Thank you! Thanks for the awesome quest, as well :)

the war within is broken in many ways for many people e.g people not getting the completion loot people like me who cant proceed in the quest as the game jut freezes and never continues DE you need to do something about these glitches as many people want the loot from the quest and i now cant play the game because when i log in it throws me into the part of the quest which doesnt work and i cant leave the mission

id peat32544 need fix pls

Edited by peat32544

Still no fix for the controller crouch bug or

Spoiler

The game no longer being playable due to an issue with the activate transference button not working if you have ever used a controller on your account. Originally I thought this was because it wasn't bound but I found that if you spammed the esc button hard enough before "discovering" your transference powers on the liset you could bring up a partial pause menu, like earlier in the mission. From there you can bind something on your controller/keyboard but then it just plain doesn't work. You can force-quit via alt f4 or taskmanager but when you log back in it takes you back to the same point making it impossible to play the game anymore. As a test I left my game on the tranferrence button screen whilst I slept last night and it has been 7 hours with no change. As there is no way to tell warframe you aren't using a controller, even when I re-start my computer without the controller attached and try to play I come to the same issue and it trys to tell me to use " " for everything (the tutorial buttons don't always show up correctly)

As for the controller crouch bug, you basically cant crouch as a tenno if you use a controller unless you press the toggle crouch key on your keyboard

I hope this gets fixed soon as id rather not start a new account from scratch without using a controller just to be able to play this quest

So I figured out that if you completely power off your computer (not re-start) with your wifi set to airplane mode and your controller disconnected, you can then turn your computer back on launch warframe log in, spam esc to open the pause menu as soon as the cutscene ends turn on "use power on selection" set all the bindings that you need in keybindings (not controller) save the settings, alt f4 out of the game, re-launch and play through the rest of the quest just fine. This was after having the game loaded at the afore mentioned screen for roughly 7 hours ( I went to bed) but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it

Edited by 3044Smike
Found a work around

You really need to either A) Drastically increase how often the siphons appear, B) Remove the siphons and let us get the kuva stuff as drops by killing with the scepter(or killing in general, promotes longer stays on endless missions even) or C) Remove kuva altogether, because it's pretty impossible right now to get any...

2 hours ago, TheBreeze said:

@[DE]Rebecca are you guys aware of the issue some people have with quests that have been skipped due to crashes or aborting? I didn't see any acknowledgment and there are quite a few threads and posts about it.

I just can't continue playing knowing that I completely missed out on at least one quest, I want to experience it in its entirety.

i have this problem too , now i got the EE and lancher file with the quest open , i will try to send a detailed ticket to the DE hope this files can help like the last time with the summary problem

You people just couldn't wait any longer and kept rushing DE to deploy an update that wasn't even bugged out completely. Had you guys waited for them to actually complete the update and deploy it safwly without bugs. We wouldn't be in this buggy mess now would we? Thank you DE for trying your best to please your fans. Take the weekend off. Don't worry about any repairs till monday. You guys did enough as it is.

1 minute ago, BlueTunicLink said:

You people just couldn't wait any longer and kept rushing DE to deploy an update that wasn't even bugged out completely. Had you guys waited for them to actually complete the update and deploy it safwly without bugs. We wouldn't be in this buggy mess now would we? Thank you DE for trying your best to please your fans. Take the weekend off. Don't worry about any repairs till monday. You guys did enough as it is.

Who are you even talking to? "You people"? Not that I agree with even the basic notion of pretending like it's the Warframe fans' fault for anticipating this patch, but who are you even addressing? You pretend everyone but yourself and DE are guilty for a bugged release?

"Don't worry about any repairs till Monday." I'm really glad you're in no position to make any such decision.

3 hours ago, TheBreeze said:

@[DE]Rebecca are you guys aware of the issue some people have with quests that have been skipped due to crashes or aborting? I didn't see any acknowledgment and there are quite a few threads and posts about it.

I just can't continue playing knowing that I completely missed out on at least one quest, I want to experience it in its entirety.

i call it sloppy controls at the endgames, its very stressing ... no clear moves etc are possible

i start hating my 5-button, it feels like it has some RNG-snake in the "cables", same is with the rest of the controls for the operator

i play with a keyboard, i changed allready between 2 as well as its the same effect on both, nothing else in warframe has such a sloppy controlmechanism and its motivationkilling, im watching this now since around 8 hours (with breaks inbetween) on my 2 accounts, thats a mess ...

i really watched carefully at my second accound how the controls work as i entered the mountain-path ... it is strange and i think its intended, devs

please remove that or clear it up

Edited by Guest

@[DE]Rebecca

are you guys aware of now the controller support is broken? and will it be fix soon or it will have to wait when ps4/x1 version ready?

i assume not many players on pc using controller so if it's not on the top of list to fix i will start playing w/ kb (playing on couch)

if it will be fixed soon i'll just ignore the kuva thing for now...

3 hours ago, nipuna said:

So the special mod we get, I unlocked it and now it says need mastery 8 to equip....Which mastery are we talking about? I am mastery rank 18 and cannot equip it, Can someone please clarify :)

Hi Nipuna, I would assume that it means this Mod needs to go into that weapon type which itself is a MR8 or above requirement (ie: Syndicate Primaries). But thats just a guess...