The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Riven Mod capacity or just get rid of it

Virsalus

These mods have the potential to make new builds possible on weapons that have been a lot less viable than the popular choices of recent times. Considering that and how many such weapons there are, it seems rather nonsensical to let players just have 15 of them at a time.

the purpose for these mods were solely to increase the diversity in the player's arsenal and not just stick with one weapon alone, the 15 mod cap is fine by me, otherwise you'd have a ton of players selling dupes and dupes for absurd prices

3 minutes ago, Kalizy said:

the purpose for these mods were solely to increase the diversity in the player's arsenal and not just stick with one weapon alone, the 15 mod cap is fine by me, otherwise you'd have a ton of players selling dupes and dupes for absurd prices

You're saying it yourself, increase diversity in the player's arsenal. How are you supposed to really increase diversity if you can only have mods for a few weapons?

4 minutes ago, ensignvidiot said:

I'm a fan of the 15 mod cap. while I would like it to scale up to 25 with mastery rank, for now it will work for the number of mod combinations that currently exist

. (there is a few reddit threads compiling the total number of prefix-suffix effects)

There may only be a limited number of afixes but there is also a pretty large number of weapons and since these mods are weapon specific, 15 just seems really low, given how many weapons there are.

Edited by Virsalus

I'd say give us a base of 5 riven mod capacity to start, and increase it by one for every two MR we have... Eventually, at MR30, we'll be maxed out at 20 riven mods.

That said, they may not have more than a few over a dozen mods, so the mod capacity might be moot. Unless I'm misunderstanding exactly how they're determined stat and weapon wise. They might be completely random as to what stats and weapons they're for, in which case, gather that Kuva and cycle them to get a new mod that works better for you! Or trade, that's usually an easy way.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

Why not wait for Sorties to get patched and start racking them up?

I'd like to see how powerful/useless it feels at 15 Riven mods for a bit.

If it isn't much diversity, then I'll demand that extra space scales with Mastery.

Though 4 mods for every weapon type seems a good number. 32 total with if you only count: Rifle, shotgun, bow, sniper, pistol, thrown, melee, and warframe as the only categories . 

These mods are incredibly busted. I've seen them with values as low as -122% (on damage of all things, what even happens when you shoot this, it heals the enemy?) and as high as +198% (damage). The crit chance versions seem to be additive as well, as I've seen a Paris Prime with just a Riven mod @ 17X% crit chance. Most of the rolls I've seen have been flat out worse than a regular elemental mod, while some of them have been better than a maxed Serration. Additionally, there is a cap on your total number of these mods, mods that have an RNG rolled stat splits for RNG rolled mods for weapons you might not even have (including, inexplicably, sentinel weapons), seemingly RNG (18 point drains at that) polarity on top of everything else.

These were not well thought out or executed at all. Easily the worst part of this update for me.

like with say Focus Lenses - the limit will force Players to choose between what's Efficient and breaks the game for maximum Effect, and what they think is cool.
and when it comes down to it, game breaking will generally win over cool.

making Players choose between what's game breaking and what feels cool isn't helping anyone.
people will just choose to put the Mods on the already massively Overpowered Weapons, because they have to choose between that and something else.

Edited by taiiat

The cap is probably there because each mod is unique so every single mod will require its own space in database unlike regular mod which is fixed so you only need one instance. So they have to limit it or it will clutter their database.

Though, it still necessary to address how to keep the mods you want and disposing the one you didn't want

I've been reading about these mods being weapon specific, the ridiculous "unlock tasks", layers of rng, re-roll price stacking, gamebreakingly high stats, completely useless stats (like crit-buffs on a non-crit weapon), and now a 15 mod cap. Did DE do anything right in respect to these mods?

39 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Yes especialy when you get mod for Tonkor for Critical chance and damage xD

That is one specific weapon with one specific setup of bonuses you need. The chances of getting that are very slim. There are lots of other weapons though that if pushed just a little in certain stats could at least be somewhat viable to use. Weapons that used to be  "just fun" but now with the right Riven Mod they may be more than just that. And it's more likely to get a Riven Mod for one out of say 20 weapons than for just one single particular weapon.

Think they are fine for now.    Like the randomness of it.    Guarantee's for this sort of thing in a game ruins it for me.   These things are like a slot machine that gives treasure maps.   Sometimes those maps lead to gold, sometimes to more maps that lead to gold, sometimes to nothing.   And I like that.  

As to the limit, to me I think they should make it unlimited and make them non trade-able. 

40 minutes ago, Virsalus said:

That is one specific weapon with one specific setup of bonuses you need. The chances of getting that are very slim. There are lots of other weapons though that if pushed just a little in certain stats could at least be somewhat viable to use. Weapons that used to be  "just fun" but now with the right Riven Mod they may be more than just that. And it's more likely to get a Riven Mod for one out of say 20 weapons than for just one single particular weapon.

Yep, those mods are good for weak weapons, Tonkor isn't the only one OP, synoid simulor, Tigris Prime, Vaykor Hek and some others, so if someone will get riven mod with decent stat on good weapon, the weak weapons are still useless.
For example guys got Riven mod for dread and paris  Damage + Critical chance, so they have around 70-85% chance for red crit, so all snipers for them are now useless : P 

1 hour ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Yep, those mods are good for weak weapons, Tonkor isn't the only one OP, synoid simulor, Tigris Prime, Vaykor Hek and some others, so if someone will get riven mod with decent stat on good weapon, the weak weapons are still useless.
For example guys got Riven mod for dread and paris  Damage + Critical chance, so they have around 70-85% chance for red crit, so all snipers for them are now useless : P 

Snipers are still not useless in sniper only sorties. And as I said. You first have to be lucky enough to even get a good mod for a strong weapon. Good luck with that.