The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sedna Junction is not how you get old players back in

MXultra

I got no explanation on why the first topic was deleted. This is constructive criticism from someone that joined in U7.

Get rid of the Sedna Junction requirement for TWW.

I've beaten Vay Hek countless times, still says 0/1
I've beaten tons of those annoying damage immunity enemies, still says 2/10
I don't care what a principle room is or what useless mods I can get from it. 0/3

EDIT: I was hoping fresh enemies an environments would rekindle my interest, can't take the wall of boredom to reach them.

Edited by MXultra

I think it's a method of assuring players have a completed map before the quest? At least make some extra condition to be made so you don't hop from the second dream to the war within in one day. Don't think this was added just for vets... At least do it for the 1000 mastery :P

8 minutes ago, MXultra said:

I don't care what a principle room is or what useless mods I can get from it. 0/3

All of which start with "I" so I'm gonna assume it's your personal feelings about the junction. I don't see how it applies to everyone as I, personally, didn't mind doing it.

6 minutes ago, MXultra said:

I got not explanation on why the first topic was deleted. This is constructive criticism from someone that joined in U7.

Get rid of the Sedna Junction requirement for TWW.

Wasn't too fond of the Sedna junction requirements either, but it's not as bad as it seems (note that I strongly dislike the Sentient as enemies).

For the sentient (if Solo): pick an exterminate, bring a few hard hitting weapons (Hek + Brakk worked for me) with different damage types on a tanky frame (think I used a Valkyr armor build, Ripline is a nice bonus to get around some of the levels faster) and go to town.

The challenge rooms: there's a few that are soloable, youtube/google them and just explore the levels (scan plants while at it) and by the time you get your 10 sentient you will likely also have done three challenge rooms (they don't need to be *different* ones btw, so if there's one you find the least annoying: look for that one and do it three times).

Doesn't mean I would do any of those requirements for kicks though.

I won't be forced to play the least "entertaining" tileset in the game which I so far could avoid easily. This may not only be the wrong way to bring back old players. But it's for sure a way to get existing players to leave. I'm thinking of taking another longer break from the game till they remove that Sedna Junction requirement.

An hour? What? Had to do it with a friend who had not done anything for Sedna, took us half that time.

Personally I do also hate the Sentient drones, so I enjoyed wiping the floor with them, nothing quite like the feeling when you completely crush that dude that was so OP before.

And while some of the mods aren't that good, others are pretty good for top builds

Yea, when I downloaded the update and came back after a long break, I came back for TWW, not to farm drift mods to complete a junction I never cared about before.

I have a friend that dled update, logged in, saw you needed to do the junction, said nope, logged out, will probably not be playing TWW.

I'm currently doing it, but farming Lua maps for tests I can do solo is not what I had in mind when I came back to see the update. Very poor design choice. It's like if WoW released a new expansion and said, guess what guys, you have to complete all the old outdated content you don't care about before we let you touch the new stuff!!! They would never do that because it would be stupid. 

Also note that there was ZERO INDICATION upon logging in that guides you to what you have to do. I had to google to find out that I needed to do the sedna junction. How stupid is that? Brand new content, you should want to pull people into it and guide them to it, but I logged in and seemingly nothing was different. No in-game mail, nothing contacting me telling me hey, go do X ! Just the same old Warframe, standing in my ship, no indication within the game itself that anything new even existed...

1 minute ago, Borg1611 said:

Yea, when I downloaded the update and came back after a long break, I came back for TWW, not to farm drift mods to complete a junction I never cared about before.

I have a friend that dled update, logged in, saw you needed to do the junction, said nope, logged out, will probably not be playing TWW.

I'm currently doing it, but farming Lua maps for tests I can do solo is not what I had in mind when I came back to see the update. Very poor design choice. It's like if WoW released a new expansion and said, guess what guys, you have to complete all the old outdated content you don't care about before we let you touch the new stuff!!! They would never do that because it would be stupid. 

Also note that there was ZERO INDICATION upon logging in that guides you to what you have to do. I had to google to find out that I needed to do the sedna junction. How stupid is that? Brand new content, you should want to pull people into it and guide them to it, but I logged in and seemingly nothing was different. No in-game mail, nothing contacting me telling me hey, go do X ! Just the same old Warframe, standing in my ship, no indication within the game itself that anything new even existed...

But there is a update patch list in game to your right that link you to the forums of all the information you need... but I do agree it would be nice if it's more dynamic for the update if you get that hype soon as you enter the game. Like a moral boost... I would totally be on to help you right now if I am not stuck at work... zzz! Don't give up tho

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

Honest to goodness, I didn't know there actually were vets who didn't complete all junctions a few days after SotR dropped. 

^^^^^^^ it's just sad that lots of these kind of post make vets look like a bunch of cry babies... even newbies in my guild are confused at this outcry.. "I don't want to do this because I don't want to!" This kind of mentality I really do not understand..

16 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Honest to goodness, I didn't know there actually were vets who didn't complete all junctions a few days after SotR dropped. 

The majority of players in the player bases of most games are actually not completionists. 

Edited by Borg1611

22 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

That's it. The problem is not that this requirement is difficult to fullfill, but that it is annoying, and completely unnecessary for veterans. The old system (enough MR and planet unlocked) worked fine for Natah, it worked fine for Second Dream ; why is it different ?

To those who speak of crybabies, saying " "I don't want to do this because I don't want to!" This kind of mentality I really do not understand.. " ... Well you see, it's rather "I don't want to do this because I ALREADY have done it and because I would like to PLAY the quest, not spend my time doing unrelated crap in order to unlock Sedna for the second time !" Got it ?

To be clear, I don't even mind the junctions. If newer players like them, they can stay. Quests should simply not be tied to them.

Of course this is merely my own opinion, I do not wish to force it on others, the way the junction was forced on me. Have a nice day.

5 minutes ago, ZiLei said:

^^^^^^^ it's just sad that lots of these kind of post make vets look like a bunch of cry babies... even newbies in my guild are confused at this outcry.. "I don't want to do this because I don't want to!" This kind of mentality I really do not understand..

Pointing out flaws in a system is not crying. Some people are simply saying, nope, I don't want to do that, and going back to the other games they'd been playing while not playing warframe. Just because people don't play the game the same way you did does not make them wrong. Most people don't complete 100% of content in a game. Making optional content suddenly a required gate for new content is just poor design in my opinion, which I am sharing, on a FEEDBACK FORUM. 

PS: I'm almost done with the junction now, I'm simply expressing my opinion that I shouldn't have had to do this pointless junction in order to access the new content I actually cared about. 

8 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

Pointing out flaws in a system is not crying. Some people are simply saying, nope, I don't want to do that, and going back to the other games they'd been playing while not playing warframe. Just because people don't play the game the same way you did does not make them wrong. Most people don't complete 100% of content in a game. Making optional content suddenly a required gate for new content is just poor design in my opinion, which I am sharing, on a FEEDBACK FORUM. 

PS: I'm almost done with the junction now, I'm simply expressing my opinion that I shouldn't have had to do this pointless junction in order to access the new content I actually cared about. 

No but by making a big deal out of this is actually pushing back actual progress... we don't want DE to spend MORE time writing up a script on something where you CAN complete without problems. We want them to fix big problems, big bugs and actually game breaking issues! Additionally shorten time to push out bigger future content!!(that probably want you to finish TWW to access) If you can't even play a little puzzle room 3 times! Please by all means go play your other easy mode games. Remember this is a F2P game! This kind of "feedback" is crying.

Edited by ZiLei
Edit

1 minute ago, ZiLei said:

No but by making a big deal out of this is actually pushing back actual progress... we don't want DE to spend MORE time writing up a script on something where you CAN complete without problems. We want them to fix big problems, big bugs and actually game breaking issues! If you can't even play a little puzzle room 3 times! Please by all means go play your other easy mode games. Remember this is a F2P game! This kind of "feedback" is crying.

You don't need to patrol the forums for DE and criticize any feedback that you don't deem important. They can prioritize "game breaking issues" without your help. Providing feedback on issues that aren't game-breaking doesn't force DE to not fix game-breaking bugs first... that very idea is irrational and makes zero sense. 

Just because people are providing feedback you don't personally care about doesn't mean it's not valid feedback. The purpose of a feedback forum is to provide feedback, not to white-knight or troll any feedback you disagree with. 

The game being F2P is irrelevant to this feedback or discussion. Again, this kind of "feedback" is not "crying," it's valid feedback and criticism that they actually probably appreciate because they like to know what different players in different situations experience in their game. It may make them realize, oh hey, I didn't think of that scenario, that can be improved!

To me, the addition of the junction requirement is whatever. But I had the planet unlocked before hand. I haven't done all the junctions yet, and I plan on getting to sedna so I can do TWW; but, the additional gating for the quest seems silly for someone that has the planet unlocked. Correct me if I'm wrong because it's been awhile since I did a quest under the previous star map. Doing a particular quest required the previous one being completed and having the particular planet/nodes where the quest happened accessible, right? So what I am wondering is why the junction is the requirement instead of say, kela de thame being beaten, or just those nodes where the mission is unlocked? Why, just out of curiosity, did they choose the junction as the prereq?

1 minute ago, jackswift7 said:

To me, the addition of the junction requirement is whatever. But I had the planet unlocked before hand. I haven't done all the junctions yet, and I plan on getting to sedna so I can do TWW; but, the additional gating for the quest seems silly for someone that has the planet unlocked. Correct me if I'm wrong because it's been awhile since I did a quest under the previous star map. Doing a particular quest required the previous one being completed and having the particular planet/nodes where the quest happened accessible, right? So what I am wondering is why the junction is the requirement instead of say, kela de thame being beaten, or just those nodes where the mission is unlocked? Why, just out of curiosity, did they choose the junction as the prereq?

It's the new star map. It's just how it works now. You need to complete a junction to advance to the next planet. Yes Sedona junction is a prerequisite. Maybe it's coded like that so the game regonize players that have access to that planet in order to access the TWW. DE just happens to let older players to keep their planet unlock so it won't pisst off older players. Junction is mostly use to target new players and it gives decent reward and quest. Personally I am fond of the system. Helps my newbies a lot.

Anyone that's played this game a while starts to find it mind-numbingly boring. I like DE as a developer, but if you want players that have grown bored to come back, don't put a wall of boredom between them and  the new content. You think it's just my personal opinion, but I'm speaking on behalf of a lot of bored players.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
comment edited by moderator