Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] War Within Feedback

Zylofan

The war within had an amazing start with the new tile set, cutscenes, and even the music but that greatness started to fall off near the end.

Pros:

- awesome cut scenes

- cool new location

- get to see my operator more!

Con:

- while we get more backstory the war within leaves more questions then answers, why are the queens slugs? Whats the thing on the staff? Who is talking to me at the end? Why is letting teshin take his revenge the bad option? What are all these things i was rewarded with at the end? Why would I ever step out of my warframe? Most of the story is just really vague at points and while I can connect the dots I would have preferred a more detailed story or at least explanation like in The Second Dream. The queens especially needed a biger build up.

- My operator. They are useless. Im not sure what DE's plan for this new operator mode it but it seems like a waste of code. Besides the fact that it grants you a stealth option (thereby hurting the use of stealth frames like loki even more) and the fact that you are forced to use your operator now vs certain enemies, its just a weird and ultimately useless feature added to the game.

- Why cant I pick if i want to be a warframe or my tenno on my ship, rather then having to press 5 every time I come home then walk all the way back to the front?

- bugs, had to restart the game twice because the quest refused to move forward.

Ultimately I give this update a 6/10 its above average, there is a lot of interesting and cool stuff on display here but  the quest itself and the treasures unlocked by it are just unrewarding and have little to no impact for me. Though I still want to thank DE for the update as I can appreciate the obvious effort they put in, even if it missed the mark.

Edited by Zylofan

29 minutes ago, Zylofan said:

- while we get more backstory the warwithin leaves more questions then anwsers, why are the queens slugs? Whats the thing on the staff? Who is talking to me at the ened? Why is letting teshin take his revenge the bad option? What are all these things i was rewarded with at the end? Why would I ever step out of my warframe? Most of the story is just really vauge at points and while I can connect the dots I would have prefered a more detailed story or at least explination like in The Second Dream. The queens exspecialy needed a biger build up.

The queens are slugs because thats the body they had availabe, thats why they were looking for you, they wanted to take your body as theyrs, that red stuff i what permits them to "transfer" body.

Letting Teshin have his revenge isn't bad, commanding him to kill someone in your behave is, thats what the twin queens do.

what talked to you in the end (This is a speculation of mine) is the void, or at least what resides in the void, it's what drove the crew of zariman mad and gave you powers.