The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] Post War Within confusion/questions

nelu_Y3K

So the quest unlocked the ability to use the operator in combat. But he/she seems to have only 100 hp, no shields and no damage also the warframe is completely vulnerable while your out of it. I have to ask is there any point to using the operators in combat (except for obtaining Kuva)? Is there some special way of playing operators ore some way of modding them to make them stronger?

Also Ordis mentioned clearing the infested door in the orbiter once the quest was completed. Is there some way to clear it. or was this just a tease from the devs?

1 minute ago, nelu_Y3K said:

So the quest unlocked the ability to use the operator in combat. But he/she seems to have only 100 hp, no shields and no damage also the warframe is completely vulnerable while your out of it. I have to ask is there any point to using the operators in combat (except for obtaining Kuva)? Is there some special way of playing operators ore some way of modding them to make them stronger?

Also Ordis mentioned clearing the infested door in the orbiter once the quest was completed. Is there some way to clear it. or was this just a tease from the devs?

its just a gimmick. tbh really disappointing from DE. they spent all this time on a useless gimmick.

Yeah. I'm really confused. Is this it? The art team did a good job on the new tileset.

But am I missing something?

Why was this a major patch that took 10 months to develop? This is like .5 minor patch territory.

A tileset, 3 weapons, a couple enemies, a short quest, randomized mods..

Is that it? I'm so confused. Surely this isn't it....

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Except you can go invisible, the damage from the void beam is good, you can teleport, and you can ragdoll enemies in a cone in front of you.

the damage from the void beam is garbage. 85% of the guns in the game do more damage than it does. teleporting is useless when you can already bullet jump twice as far then aim glide 3 times as far, and ragdolling enemies is nice if you don't get hit by 1 stray bullet and go back into your warframe.

4 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Except you can go invisible, the damage from the void beam is good, you can teleport, and you can ragdoll enemies in a cone in front of you.

Which is done 100 times better by warframes, operator's invis is shorter than Ash's tons of weapons that do way more damage than his beam, Inaros and Rhino have better charge damage, so yes the operator is just a novelty. As I said in another post Quiette Shy had a good comment "It was good just not year in development good".

15 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

Which is done 100 times better by warframes, operator's invis is shorter than Ash's tons of weapons that do way more damage than his beam, Inaros and Rhino have better charge damage, so yes the operator is just a novelty. As I said in another post Quiette Shy had a good comment "It was good just not year in development good".

I don't form my opinions from other people, I form my own opinions from experience, and as someone who doesn't enjoy playing just one frame for everything, the Operator is pretty sweet, as it lets me play a damage based frame while still having stealth as a viable option.

What I'm getting from this thread is because the operator isn't the new power creep, it's automatically bad. Have some imagination, it has tons of uses.

20 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

The thing is thst you can play a non inaros-rhino warframe while being able to do these thimgs, pretty useful if you know when and how to use them

9 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I don't form my opinions from other people, I form my own opinions from experience, and as someone who doesn't enjoy playing just one frame for everything, the Operator is pretty sweet, as it lets me play a damage based frame while still having stealth as a viable option.

What I'm getting from this thread is because the operator isn't the new power creep, it's automatically bad. Have some imagination, it has tons of uses.

Sounds like you're the closed minded one.

The operator is just a gimmick. As has been said before, he doesn't do anything your frames can't do better, When I finished TWW my initial feelign was "Is that it? That was hyped for a year and while it was good, it was nowhere enar worth the hype

Just now, mstriker said:

For people who dont know how to use it yes its useless, for people who knows how and when it has its uses, you just have to think

Yeah, no. Losing all your frames energy and any buffs on there (like iron skin) makes this even more useless. That alone severely limits the type of frames you're goign to want to use it with and the missions too.

1 minute ago, WereFowl said:

Sounds like you're the closed minded one.

The operator is just a gimmick. As has been said before, he doesn't do anything your frames can't do better, When I finished TWW my initial feelign was "Is that it? That was hyped for a year and while it was good, it was nowhere enar worth the hype

Yeah, no. Losing all your frames energy and any buffs on there (like iron skin) makes this even more useless. That alone severely limits the type of frames you're goign to want to use it with and the missions too.

If you die yes, what you spected to have 0 handicap so everyone would just spam it? Ofc other frames can make that thongs but the point is to do these things while being a frame that cant do them, a stealthy rhino, a loki being able to ragdoll everyone

Just now, mstriker said:

If you die yes, what you spected to have 0 handicap so everyone would just spam it? Ofc other frames can make that thongs but the point is to do these things while being a frame that cant do them, a stealthy rhino, a loki being able to ragdoll everyone

Or, you know, make them actually usable, like not kneecap your frame every time you use it and change gameplay up while mainting the fast pace we all play this game for.

Also I have a shade that can make my rhino invisible and my loki can just equip a sonnicor if he wants to ragdoll enemies.

The only use for this gimmick is for 1 newly introduced enemy. 

5 minutes ago, WereFowl said:

Or, you know, make them actually usable, like not kneecap your frame every time you use it and change gameplay up while mainting the fast pace we all play this game for.

Also I have a shade that can make my rhino invisible and my loki can just equip a sonnicor if he wants to ragdoll enemies.

The only use for this gimmick is for 1 newly introduced enemy. 

Lol thats just the same nonsense, these powers are there to use them and being able to equip something else, if you cant find them a use ok, i use them and i fint them very useful

Just dont try to hide your opinion like if it was an objective thing

1 minute ago, mstriker said:

Lol thats just the same nonsense, these powers are there to use them and being able to equip something else, if you cant find them a use ok, i use them and i fint them very useful

Just dont try to hide your opinion like if it was an objective thing

As opposed to desperately reaching for a possible use like you are?

With shade, or the kubrow that also does stealth (I think a relic makes you invisible too) I don't lose all my energy and my rhino doesn't lose it's iron skin in order fo me to become invisible.

Same for using a sonnicor (which is a secondary weapon BTW and secondary weapons tend to be utility anyway) which is doubly important for something like a loki, why on earth would you want to lose all your energy just to ragdoll some enemies when you can equip a secondary that does it for you, while you're still able to use your other waframe abilities?

If they gave us the ability to use these on frames after we install something rare on them that would have been interesting, as it is now - they're useless outside of farming kuva.

1 minute ago, WereFowl said:

As opposed to desperately reaching for a possible use like you are?

With shade, or the kubrow that also does stealth (I think a relic makes you invisible too) I don't lose all my energy and my rhino doesn't lose it's iron skin in order fo me to become invisible.

Same for using a sonnicor (which is a secondary weapon BTW and secondary weapons tend to be utility anyway) which is doubly important for something like a loki, why on earth would you want to lose all your energy just to ragdoll some enemies when you can equip a secondary that does it for you, while you're still able to use your other waframe abilities?

If they gave us the ability to use these on frames after we install something rare on them that would have been interesting, as it is now - they're useless outside of farming kuva.

Wait, a possible use? No, a real use, since i use it properly and it works.

You lose all your energy if you die, just think a bit and dont use the power in front of 123623663 bullets

Its not that im reaching for a possible use, is more that you are desperately reaching to make it look useless, i use it and i find it useful, whats wrong about that? What is your goal, to convince everyone that is useless, to put your opinion over others? 

Why on earth i would use a weapon i dont like just for convenience? When i can use this, that is funnier, more useful, and i can bring the weapons i want to the mission.

A gimmick? Maybe, maybe they upgrade it in the future, but an useful gimmick (for people who know how to use it)

Btw i dont trust companion stealth since it betrays in the most important moment

11 minutes ago, mstriker said:

Wait, a possible use? No, a real use, since i use it properly and it works.

You lose all your energy if you die, just think a bit and dont use the power in front of 123623663 bullets

Its not that im reaching for a possible use, is more that you are desperately reaching to make it look useless, i use it and i find it useful, whats wrong about that? What is your goal, to convince everyone that is useless, to put your opinion over others? 

Why on earth i would use a weapon i dont like just for convenience? When i can use this, that is funnier, more useful, and i can bring the weapons i want to the mission.

A gimmick? Maybe, maybe they upgrade it in the future, but an useful gimmick (for people who know how to use it)

Btw i dont trust companion stealth since it betrays in the most important moment

So in other words: You can't use this power near enemies. Which makes it automatically useless for 75% of what it does. I mean the only reason a loki would want to ragdoll enemies is as CC, which is usually when the bullets are flying.

You're trying to act like everybody else just doesn't know how to use it and you alone have been blessed with the knowledge, in actuality you're just going out of your way to make use of a gimmick.

Also you say why would would you use a weapon you don't like for convenience while trying to justify an extremely clunky mode with a ton of drawbacks - also apparently for convenience.

Outside of the one enemy were you have to use it, there's no justification for using these powers over just equipping the appropriate frame and equipment.

Edited by WereFowl

38 minutes ago, WereFowl said:

So in other words: You can't use this power near enemies. Which makes it automatically useless for 75% of what it does. I mean the only reason a loki would want to ragdoll enemies is as CC, which is usually when the bullets are flying.

You're trying to act like everybody else just doesn't know how to use it and you alone have been blessed with the knowledge, in actuality you're just going out of your way to make use of a gimmick.

Also you say why would would you use a weapon you don't like for convenience while trying to justify an extremely clunky mode with a ton of drawbacks - also apparently for convenience.

Outside of the one enemy were you have to use it, there's no justification for using these powers over just equipping the appropriate frame and equipment.

Or using it because you like it over using other things just for conveniencw

Maybe DE will combine it with a reworked focus system so we have some way to reinforce our operator, to make our Tenno more useful. But consider DE almost never takes a further look (or makes any real improvement) after a new feature came out. I'm pretty pessimistic towards it.

I can sum up our operator in this moment:

-100hp which can be easily one-shot even by weak enemies, if you "die", warframe's energy will be depleted completely

-limited void teleport, shorter range than bullet jump and can only use it consecutively for 3 times

-void beam, underwhelming damage, limited "bullets" and takes very long time to reload

Edited by Marvelous_A

Personally I'm not saying you can't use the operator, what I'm saying is at this point in time it's impractical to use the Operator over a Warframe. Now if DE was to lets say give them shields and some way to mod there powers then I could see them being used more, but for the moment, speaking for myself, it's just impractical as they are geared now to use in mission.